Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2019

Tue, Jun 18 2019 8:47 PM (1,489 replies)
  • Nicozandberg
    719 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2019 3:34 AM

Have to admit that I had to look up the Dunning-Kruger effect, but that very much summarizes the situation.

Ive had my say. If Finn decides to keep handicaps in the group stages, I back him. It won't have a major effect on the outcome.

If you'd rather not partcipate, that's fine.

Lets move on.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2019 3:34 AM

bubbsboy:

Play nice folks.

Finny trying to have a holiday relaxing with the odd tipple.

He's a bit of a piss head anyway...please don't send him back for another bottle.

;-)

FFS man. Reason i cant be bothered wi this shite now.

Settle down, post definite rules Finny the folk decide below....

IN...........OUT

Shake it all about.

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2019 3:47 AM

cant please everyone. for me i liked the handicaps. last year we entered and it gave a few of our players belief they could win. some did win thanks to the handicap. Yes some legends dont need it but some do. It was good to see some not taking it. I would like to see them kept but wouldn't bother me either way. 

Shame only 4 in a group, Did enjoy the 8 matches last time, also gave us a real chance of going through which we did in the end but again can see why. Either way lets make it fun again, if you need any help Paul just say and il do what i can. 

Ta Will.

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2019 4:08 AM

listen im gonna put a lid on this we shall call it a debate

the handicaps are in for the group stages end of

IF ANY TEAMS ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THE WAY THIS COMP IS RUN BY ME,NICO AND DOTTY THEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL TAKE YOUR NAME OFF THE LIST,

its not up for discussion,

THIS COMP WILL MOVE ON REGARDLESS

finny

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2019 4:22 AM

Very BOLD of you Paul! ;)

Keep up the good work, Looking forward to playing/having fun

Ken

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2019 6:02 AM

Kenher01:

Very BOLD of you Paul! ;)

Keep up the good work, Looking forward to playing/having fun

Ken

its not bold really ken

we could debate on this subject forever but it isnt going to change thats it,

i have tried to compromise and changed the level and average  and made it air shots so the higher level could still win/halve the hole but still its not enough,

thats as far as i go im afraid and im tired of negative comments,

finny

PS

I HAVE POSTED A LINK TO THE RULES FOR THIS YEARS WORLD CUP AND AN EXAMPLE OF AN AIR SHOT WHICH WILL BE USED THIS YEAR.

THERE WILL BE  A FEW MORE RULES TO COME BUT IT GIVES YOU THE OUTLINE FOR THIS YEAR.

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2019 11:29 AM

cosa have dropped out so we have 1 spot left

• Borat74
    2,791 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2019 12:22 PM

Hi Finney

Really looking forward to this as usual m8.

Just wanted to Clarify on the Air Shot(as im not the sharpest Knife in the drawer.)

Can we play this shot on the approach from the fairway or is it to be played from the Tee.

Thanks m8

I may have missed it if its been explained?

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2019 12:48 PM

Borat74:

Can we play this shot on the approach from the fairway or is it to be played from the Tee.

Thanks m8

I may have missed it if its been explained?

Wondering that as well.

Would it be possible for the 2nd after an air shot to not be on the tee anymore?  If so, that's less than ideal I think..

• jacktrade51
    10,932 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2019 12:54 PM

1 comment and 1 question.

Comment: I agree on doing the air shot on the 2nd shot.  That's how we teach giving strokes in our BD tournaments when handicaps are in play.  There is no risk in knocking the ball off the tee (and par 3's are virtually never handicap holes).

Question: In the match play format, if tied after 18 holes, is the match tied or do the players play the OT for the win?  I am agnostic as to the answer and have done it both ways in match play tournaments.  (I'd want to play the game out in any event to collect the xp points for completed game.)

Tom.

RSS