Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2019

Tue, Jun 18 2019 8:47 PM (1,489 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2019 1:14 PM

kavvz:

Borat74:

Can we play this shot on the approach from the fairway or is it to be played from the Tee.

Thanks m8

I may have missed it if its been explained?

Wondering that as well.

Would it be possible for the 2nd after an air shot to not be on the tee anymore?  If so, that's less than ideal I think..

the matchplay it  could be an air shot on the fairway on 2 holes which will be picked by me as the 2 hardest par 4 holes of the course being played,

Finny on page 9 of this thread.

• Borat74
    2,791 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2019 2:02 PM

DodgyPutter:

kavvz:

Borat74:

Can we play this shot on the approach from the fairway or is it to be played from the Tee.

Thanks m8

Wondering that as well.

Would it be possible for the 2nd after an air shot to not be on the tee anymore?  If so, that's less than ideal I think..

the matchplay it  could be an air shot on the fairway on 2 holes which will be picked by me as the 2 hardest par 4 holes of the course being played,

Cheers Dave

• Borat74
    2,791 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2019 2:05 PM

jacktrade51:

1 comment and 1 question.

Comment: I agree on doing the air shot on the 2nd shot.  That's how we teach giving strokes in our BD tournaments when handicaps are in play.  There is no risk in knocking the ball off the tee (and par 3's are virtually never handicap holes).

Question: In the match play format, if tied after 18 holes, is the match tied or do the players play the OT for the win?  I am agnostic as to the answer and have done it both ways in match play tournaments.  (I'd want to play the game out in any event to collect the xp points for completed game.)

Tom.

Tom

Im pretty sure in the group stage it stands as a tie m8,but in the KO stages its played to a win,im pretty sure Finney,Nico or Paul will let me know if im wrong?

• Nicozandberg
    719 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2019 2:09 PM

Borat74:

jacktrade51:

1 comment and 1 question.

Comment: I agree on doing the air shot on the 2nd shot.  That's how we teach giving strokes in our BD tournaments when handicaps are in play.  There is no risk in knocking the ball off the tee (and par 3's are virtually never handicap holes).

Question: In the match play format, if tied after 18 holes, is the match tied or do the players play the OT for the win?  I am agnostic as to the answer and have done it both ways in match play tournaments.  (I'd want to play the game out in any event to collect the xp points for completed game.)

Tom.

Tom

Im pretty sure in the group stage it stands as a tie m8,but in the KO stages its played to a win,im pretty sure Finney,Nico or Paul will let me know if im wrong?

Correct mate

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2019 2:11 PM

DodgyPutter:

kavvz:

Borat74:

Thanks m8

Wondering that as well.

yse it can be played on the fairway,i only done the tee shot as an example

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2019 3:31 PM

In the rules google doc, it says 2018 at the top....

Also noticed 13 players per squad?  Could we confirm that pls?  I'd hate to get 13 committed only to find out its 12. 

• Borat74
    2,791 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2019 4:26 PM

Cheers Paul

Lookin forward to it m8y

Still the best tourney we have for PC m8 and always will be.

Thanks guys and keep up the good work

Paul

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2019 9:03 PM

Room for a team from CN?  I think we can drum one up.

We don't like handicaps, etc..but we'll givem...and smile.we've some good players I'd put up against any CC in WGT.  Win lose or draw, I'd be happy to show you all what CN is all about!

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2019 3:56 AM

MBaggese:

Room for a team from CN?  I think we can drum one up.

We don't like handicaps, etc..but we'll givem...and smile.we've some good players I'd put up against any CC in WGT.  Win lose or draw, I'd be happy to show you all what CN is all about!

ok mike you have the last spot all details on page 1 have a look ok

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2019 4:32 AM

JUST A QUICKIE TEAM ORGANISERS

NEED CAPTAINS AND EMAIL ADDRESSES PLEASE

I HAVE 12 SO FAR

WE HAVE 32 TEAMS IN NOW,CANT SEE WHY WE CANT GET THIS THING ROLLING,

NIGEL HARD AT WORK SORTING THE SPREADSHEETS OUT,

NEED THOSE EMAIL ADDRESSES PLEASE

FINNY

RSS