Help › Forums

"Donate a ball"?!

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 1 2024 12:00 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Golfindoog
    10 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2018 9:04 AM

At the end of some games, I still sometimes get a message "would you like to donate X balls to your opponent for ?$?" It USED to pop up every time, and was just one more annoying thing to "x" out from before continuing. 

Some of these balls can range from 50 credits up to 600, 700 credits! That's like, $10.00 or more in real money! 

Does anyone actually ever do this? I've tried to get WGT to remove this prompt because it seems so superfluous. 

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2018 10:19 AM

For sure some have gifted balls that way. 

Is it really that hard to close that window?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2018 10:36 AM

That used to be how Andy (Alcaucin) would surprise you at the end of a match. (The same Andy banned for some silliness.)

And it's not a donation, it's a gift. Some people like to do that plus it's a convenient way to use balls in wager type matches.

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2018 11:00 AM

But if you beat me and take my coins. What makes you think that I want to gift my credits so you can have more balls. 

Siders Best

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2018 11:42 AM
    kavvz:

Me too. I have done it a few times.
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2018 11:45 AM

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2018 1:48 PM

SidersBest:

But if you beat me and take my coins. What makes you think that I want to gift my credits so you can have more balls. 

Siders Best

It is not required, you can say no.

BTW - it is not the other player asking, it is a built-in feature of WGT.

I have gifted a few.  It usually asks if you want to gift the balls that the other player is using - that's why the cost varies so much.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2018 1:49 PM

hpurey:

and WGT steals my (golf) balls when I am not looking.............  ;)

• Golfindoog
    10 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2018 3:55 PM

kavvz:

It's not hard, but when you're trying to get in that last coin match, every second counts! 

And like another guy here said: the idea of giving somebody who just beat you more balls just seems so preposterous to me that I can barely believe that they could ask you this. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2018 6:31 PM

Golfindoog:

kavvz:

It's not hard, but when you're trying to get in that last coin match, every second counts! 

And like another guy here said: the idea of giving somebody who just beat you more balls just seems so preposterous to me that I can barely believe that they could ask you this. 

Sorry - if "seconds" are that important to you, why are you playing a game instead of saving the world?!?

It's life on WGT and it won't change.

• PAGES
RSS