• Firstmrmax
    824 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2018 12:40 PM

What? he's gotta a bigger bowl than me.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2018 1:44 PM

Firstmrmax:
    Cause, just like any sport, the better you get the more you like it.  If you can play tennis , it's great, if you can't play it well, it just bites

But, in my opinion, that doesn't describe the occasional player. Additionally, above Level 80, the clubs are more than adequate to play the game well. A player does not need the "best equipment" to play the game well.

For example, I easily made Legend tier with clubs that were below level 80. I think I was still playing the Ping (Level 59) irons. Moreover, at level 90 and above, the differences among the clubs are generally not game changers.

Firstmrmax:
    I still feel it it takes to long to level up especially if you don't have alot of CDs

The point remains that it doesn't take as long as you tried to frame it.

I didn't take advantage of the custom-course glitch, and I'm at level 104. Yes, it took over 3 years to get there. Nevertheless, I'm still alive and have a few years left. :-) 

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2018 1:44 PM

Firstmrmax:

You 103 +ers have no dog in this fight, you already reeped  every benefit from it, You should butt out or help the rest of the peeps level up as fast you did, and get the best equipment.

I really fail to understand why you think those of us at higher levels than yourself have gained more from this glitch.  You've been here longer than the glitch, therefore you have benefited at least as much as anyone else in the game.  You appear to be under the impression that it's been around since day one and we all used it to level up fast.  It hasn't, it's been here for 2 years.

In fact, someone at a low level would get more benefit since the gaps between levels is smaller, they'd level up faster.

I've been here 4.5 years longer than you but am only 2 levels higher.  I did most of my levelling when we got a max of 880 per day, you have the benefit of being able to get a massive daily bonus but I'm not saying it's unfair.

For someone who joined a few months ago, sure, it's frustrating to see the extra XP go but, at the end of the day, it was an error in the game and WGT are supposed to fix those.

• robwilks88
    221 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2018 2:19 PM

LMAO at Sodakknight, can you share some of that pop corn?

Rob

• Firstmrmax
    824 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2018 3:28 PM

OK fine, if it makes you guys feel better to make it take way longer for peeps to level up to get the equipment like you to be able to compete with you, I understand why you'd rather others take longer to get where you are.  Enjoy, it's only a video game

I'm all done, but it's been fun guys, wanna play Whisler?

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2018 4:16 PM

Firstmrmax:

OK fine, if it makes you guys feel better to make it take way longer for peeps to level up to get the equipment like you to be able to compete with you, I understand why you'd rather others take longer to get where you are.  Enjoy, it's only a video game

I have to be honest here and say I don't think you really understood a lot of what was being written. Again, simply put: it does not take "way longer for peeps to level up to get the equipment like you to be able to compete with you,"

Easily, within a year, a person can get to Level 90. At that level, a player can purchase high quality clubs that would allow them complete. The only club in which they would be disadvantaged by is the driver. 

Bottom line: a person can probably get to Level 100 within another 1.5 years. Unless the person is playing a lot, it probably takes that long to learn the courses well enough to compete. In fact, that's where newer players are really disadvantaged: lack of course knowledge. It wouldn't be equipment holding them back. 

Regardless, basically, we're just saying no one is really being harmed by the removal of the glitch. That's all. Besides, I don't even play tournaments or ready gos, which means that my perspective is not determined by not wanting other players to compete with me. I'm not in competition with anyone.

And then you tell us to "Enjoy, it's only a game." it seems to me that you're the one who is upset about this, not us.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2018 11:03 PM

Firstmrmax:
    Enjoy, it's only a video game

Exactly!

I was going to stay out of this, but just want to point out one thing. First above all, let me tell you that I respect your opinion although it differs from mine since everyone is entitled to have an opinion of his/her own as you said earlier.

You keep on mentioning about better equipment and asserting now that the glitch is gone, those who already took advantage of it will have an eternal edge over others who didn't. Not necessarily! Do better gears make you play better? Sure they do, but the fact is all the equipment you can purchase above L90+ are top-end gears. IMHO as soon as you've got TaylorMade R15 Full Set (Steel) (L90+) in your hand, you're ready to play some competitive golf on an even ground with top rankers. Trust me. I have ALL the best equipment you can possibly imagine and yet they don't make a better player. I mean I can play with TM R15 as well (bad) as with any other "better" equipment. There are no significant differences. For putters, it goes even more extreme. Some best players WGT world has ever known use Daytona or other "cheap" putters while me, for instance, I even have the GP but still putt like a blind so it is all about understanding your equipment and how to tweak them after all.

The bottom line is at L102 where you are now (and even others at L90s), you aren't missing much, if not at all. If you still think it's unfair, that's fine and I understand that too. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. That's human nature.

Cheers and play well.

Simon

• BigJack9980
    28 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2018 4:21 AM
    I agree completely but tell me what is right about letting a Pro or anyone with $100 buy Titleist golf clubs? Is that fair? Seems using the XP glitch is cheating the game but isn't it also cheating the game to let these new players have great clubs immediately? I certainly did not have that luxury. You seem to Miss the rest of the story, it is and will always be solely about $$$$.
  • Baba1010
    114 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2018 4:25 AM

Good points made my German friend..  it's just a shame that wgt don't exercise their expertise on standardizing the game so all platform users can play each other

RSS