Forums

Help › Forums

They Fixed The XP Glitch?

Mon, Dec 10 2018 4:15 PM (139 replies)
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2018 10:37 AM

DAZZA501:

Wow! Everyone wants a shortcut don't they. It was a glitch. It's been fixed. End of story. It's taken me 8 years to get to level 112. Seems everyone wants to do it in 8 months.

Too right Dazza.  The way some people are reacting they seem to think we all had this glitch from day one and used it to level up in really fast.  They seem to forget that back then we were limited to 880 XP per day, it took way longer to level up in those days.

I see so many players who've been playing a few months and have reached L90+ already, it took me, and I'm sure most of us old timers, years to get there.

I really have to stop posting here though, it's playing hell with my alcohol consumption.......

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2018 10:46 AM

DAZZA501:
    Wow! Everyone wants a shortcut don't they. It was a glitch. It's been fixed. End of story. It's taken me 8 years to get to level 112. Seems everyone wants to do it in 8 months.

Exactly. 

Reminds me of this Louis CK bit:

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2018 10:52 AM

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2018 11:45 AM

Goedemoed:
    I can see many players leaving especially new comers that are not able to upgrade and compete with the rest of the wgt members 

New-comers won't even know there was a glitch :D

No " dog in this fight "....but

I honestly thought after the update cokk-up that initiated the Glitch,WGT thought..

" It does take a ridiculous amount of time to get through the levels from 90 -> 100+ so instead of us trying to change the points needed amounts..( who knows what could go wrong )..let's leave this and everyones a winner "

After all, you can get a 282 yrd driver at L79 then not need another until L96 ( Which could take 2 / 3 years ) and by that time, you should know enough to win required credits to buy it free. Not so if chasing levels with the Glitch, might have to come out of the real world wallet !!

Can see both sides of the argument, for and against but what is baffling to me comes from a purely business minded perspective...

The Premier memberships and CC passes alone that will not now be purchased, would have had me thinking twice or even 3 times on this decision.

• Rubiton111
    15 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2018 12:55 PM

Took u 8 year huh....

Never play a glitich in that 8 years???

I think not.

Without Glitch I could do in 8 months so u sug.

• fourdude
    1,311 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2018 2:47 PM

Foooze:
    Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of no glitch. Just curious why it took nearly 2 years to become a priority?

Simply because it was not a glitch at all, WGT used it to drum up sales, both in Clashes and Custom Courses. Now that it is fixed I do not see why anyone Country Club would want to pay 400 credits to play them.

Dude

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2018 10:15 PM

Rubiton111:

Took u 8 year huh....

Never play a glitich in that 8 years???

I think not.

Without Glitch I could do in 8 months so u sug.

Most of us at level 103+ were already past L100 before the glitch came along so, no, most didn't jump all over it because there's little point in leveling as fast as you can.  What many people seem to be unable to grasp is the fact that players at a high level have mostly taken a long time to get there, the old XP system simply didn't allow you to level as fast as the new one.  You act as if we're the ones who have taken most advantage of the glitch when in fact we gained least from it.  I played a custom course when a CC tourney was set up with one, nobody in our club ever did so just to gain more XP.

And Dazza's 8 month comment was pretty obvious wasn't it?  Comparing years to months?  And since the number 8 was already used......

There is a post quoted here though from someone who has played 4 months and is level 91.  That used to take years, not months.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2018 4:56 AM

There have been glitches in the past that have been far more important to WGT life that did not create this kind of firestorm. The most important of these glitches involved "free credit" videos. I was always on the search for them. I remember a Best Buy Christmas video ad that could be watched for several seconds then re-watched and re-watched and.....You get the idea. I picked up hundreds of credits from the video carousel from that one.

The thing is that we all knew it was a glitch and that someone in authority would fix it. Great while it lasted but coming with a short shelf life. Just surprising that this latest glitch lasted as long as it did. But then it did not involve credits so it was not a WGT priority.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2018 6:11 AM

fourdude:
    Simply because it was not a glitch at all, WGT used it to drum up sales, both in Clashes and Custom Courses. Now that it is fixed I do not see why anyone Country Club would want to pay 400 credits to play them.

+1000

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2018 6:41 AM
    I've read probably most the opinions on here, and come to the conclusion that, only time will tell the story. If the glitch returns, due to all the complaining and what not, one conclusion would be, that it was a bad decision on their part, and that profits did decline. On the other hand, if it stays away, then many of the people on here were wrong, and or, maybe wgt just doesn't care! They have had a good run, of what about 10 years now, so maybe it's just the beginning of the end. Top golf will opt to just shut it down, the Era of putting the consumer first, is long gone, and they could care less about what we want, or what's good for us. Try to enjoy what we have, and move on.
RSS