rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 10 2018 12:19 PM (48 replies)
  • BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2018 7:08 PM

RoryRodriguez:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Gf8ZQycmkc7w81hD9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NHYdm7E2G8PDvHdw5

I literally see this DAILY on course that do not have any par 3 holes. I've documented this via the WGT help screens. Here are two screen shots from a round this week; the first is the scorecard, with every fairway checked. The second is the driving stats screen, which shows an incorrect percentage instead (78%). Since this happens routinely, I would expect that my real overall driving accuracy is quite a few percentage points higher than the game reports.

I don't know if this will explain what happened to you. However, if you don't finish the hole after hitting your drive, whether it is by a time out, saving your game, or any other reason, then when you come back and finish the hole, you will not get credit for the drive hitting the fairway. This is true even if you are playing with others and one of them has to restart during the hole. It took me a long time to figure out that was happening. I play on PC only. So I am not sure if that holds true for mobile.

Brett

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2018 7:12 PM

fatdan:

They don't "keep" stats on Par 5 courses, Par 3, Best of courses, or Custom Courses....so it doesn't matter, they don't affect your stats anyway....

Also as was mentioned, any drive with any club other than the Driver isn't included in one's driving stat....the pay courses were notorious for this error.....

While I know those courses don't affect average, the par 3s and 5s have always affected my stats. It's also my understanding that custom courses also count for stats. Indeed, in the FAQ, it says "other stats will be saved." 

And I believe they fixed the problem with using other clubs off the tee and the driving accuracy stat. For the practice round I played, it recorded my stats accurately, even though I only used a driver once. 

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2018 7:13 PM

fatdan:

They don't "keep" stats on Par 5 courses, Par 3, Best of courses, or Custom Courses....so it doesn't matter, they don't affect your stats anyway....

Those stats always effect my overall stats. I know they don't count towards your average score, but they do effect all the rest of your stats.

EDIT you beat me to it, @Robert1893 :-)

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2018 7:16 PM

@BPeterson8256

Great minds and all of that! :-) 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2018 8:20 PM

WGTicon United States
    12,408 Posts
    07-31-2013 10:58 AM

Hi

the stats and average are not kept but best round is. that's the compromise we had to make in order to allow rated games. we are still looking for a solution to that.

-wgticon

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2018 8:29 PM

All I know is that a long time ago, when I had a lot fewer rounds, I saw my putting average (slightly) increase after having some bad putting rounds on par 3 courses. 

And I know I've lowered my par 5 scoring average by playing best of par 5s. Besides, that post is from over 5 years ago. I think it's changed since then. 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2018 10:55 PM

Robert1893:

Besides, that post is from over 5 years ago. I think it's changed since then. 

Yeah, That must be it, they are always fixing stuff here without telling us...

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2018 5:55 AM

fatdan:

Robert1893:

Besides, that post is from over 5 years ago. I think it's changed since then. 

Yeah, That must be it, they are always fixing stuff here without telling us...

I think it would be easy to verify by playing 9 holes on any course that is in question. The stats will show up in your total birdies and pars. You could probably see a change in putting stats after just 9 holes as well, if you purposely 3 putt every hole. My par 5 stat dropped to a 4.05 average Saturday night, and then went back up to 4.06 Sunday morning after making 4 pars on the BOP 5 course. (note: in my defense, it was in heavy wind. lol)

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2018 12:19 PM

Robert1893:

borntobesting:
    It is really quite simple. The stat says  “driving accuracy “. Used to be on the web game if you used anything besides a driver off the tee you got the green check but it didn’t count for driving accuracy because it  wasn’t hit with a driver. I had a round where I hit every fairway. 18 green checks but a driving accuracy of 0% because I forgot to switch from my CTTH club set and had to drive with a 3 iron. Maybe it’s like that on mobile now.

I thought of that.

So before posting my response, I played a practice round. I only used driver on 1 hole. On the other holes, I played irons or a three wood. I hit 8 of 9 fairways, and the accuracy stat was 89%, which was correct. 

I played 2 random 3 hole rounds after making my post, first round I drove with my 3 iron hitting all fairways and showing 100% on driving accuracy. The second I drove with my 3 wood hit 1 fairway and missed 1. the 3rd hole was a par 3 so so fairway, it showed correctly 50%. What I found interesting was the driving average which is obviously based on driving with a driver. My driving average for those 2 rounds was 0. 

RSS