Forums

Help › Forums

Please Respond to Initiate Change

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 10 2018 12:19 PM (48 replies)
  • Tacoma802
    400 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 7:15 AM

I appreciate the honest and productive responses from SlickHunter, MainzMan, and Bobca0. Unfortunately, for the rest of the responses that were less productive and off topic, I blame myself. I should have known better than to venture into PC territory with a mobile issue. 

I actually find the WGT Troll comments to be quite entertaining. When your forum posts range from 8,000-19,000 (again my sincere apologies for not having these numbers accurate down to the integer), it may be time to go for a walk outside, make a friend, or do anything that may bring happiness to an otherwise dark, dismal, and negative reality that accompanies the web warrior lifestyle. 

It is a shame, however, because if it weren’t for all the trolls in the forum, we may be able to have a effective conversation about the game that could initiate positive change. I would like to extend my deepest apologies for trespassing under your bridge, I will try not to let it happen again.

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 7:35 AM

Tacoma802:
    It is a shame, however, because if it weren’t for all the trolls in the forum, we may be able to have a effective conversation about the game that could initiate positive change.

If it weren't for all the 'trolls' with their wealth of experience and knowledge any 'effective conversation' would be primarily based on inaccuracies and incorrect assumptions, and therefore rather pointless IMO

Tacoma802:
    I would like to extend my deepest apologies for trespassing under your bridge, I will try not to let it happen again.

Please do

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 7:45 AM

Tacoma802:
    I appreciate the honest and productive responses from SlickHunter, MainzMan, and Bobca0. Unfortunately, for the rest of the responses that were less productive and off topic, I blame myself. I should have known better than to venture into PC territory with a mobile issue. 

I haven't noticed any differences. My yardages are the same, and I've seen no changes with the effects of the wind. And yes, I'm a mobile player. 

Tacoma802:

I actually find the WGT Troll comments to be quite entertaining. When your forum posts range from 8,000-19,000 (again my sincere apologies for not having these numbers accurate down to the integer), it may be time to go for a walk outside, make a friend, or do anything that may bring happiness to an otherwise dark, dismal, and negative reality that accompanies the web warrior lifestyle.

I always wonder why the default retort in situations like these is to point out the number of posts someone else has. I suppose it's a "low hanging fruit" response. It's easy, even if lacking in imagination or substantive effect. Regardless, you do realize that a person can have a lot of posts and still do all of those things you mentioned, yes? 

In other words, they're not mutually exclusive. Besides, your response is just as dark and negative as the people you're complaining about. One could certainly offer the suggestion in return that it's time to switch to decaf. :-) 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 7:46 AM

newcastleb:
    If it weren't for all the 'trolls' with their wealth of experience and knowledge any 'effective conversation' would be primarily based on inaccuracies and incorrect assumptions, and therefore rather pointless IMO

+1

Well said.

• Tacoma802
    400 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 8:12 AM

Thank you Robert for your productive response as well. This was the dialogue I was hoping for, identification of an issue if one does in fact exist. If there are enough mobile players that are not experiencing any of the same issues, logically speaking, we can conclude from those responses there is not enough information to suggest a relevant problem.

In regards to everything else, it is very easy to throw off topic darts in a virtual forum. Just because it is easy, does not make it right or productive. Also, in regards to the experience in the forum, experience in a public forum does no one any good if it is presented with subjective judgement and arrogance. Those that have responded with only PC experience, do they have a “wealth of knowledge and experience” on the mobile side or are their responses based on “incorrect assumptions”?

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 9:18 AM

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 10:28 AM

Bobca0:
    I think people are missing the point in this thread. It’s not about calculations not working and some changes to wind impact. People who have played the game for many years know what to expect and play because they enjoy it.

Or they could simply disagree with the premise. 

A person can understand the point and still disagree with it. Personally, I think it's a simple case of confirmation bias. Odd things have always happened. I seriously doubt that, in the aggregate, they're happening with greater frequency since the last updates. 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 10:51 AM

LMFAO, if "you" can't play the "Mobile" version of this game without whining, as easy as it is, with all the new and "better" club, balls, and gimmicks on the mobile side of the game, please don't use that as an excuse to attack the Trolls!

The trolls have been experiencing "all" the BS your whining about for years, with inferior clubs, balls, and still figured out how to play the game well, so there won't be any sympathy over there!

They played when "YOU" had to play the game through all the BS, the game didn't play itself like it does now....

I do agree with the fact that you should avoid the PC side of WGT at all cost! You only think your mad now!!!

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 11:52 AM

Robert1893:

I seriously doubt that, in the aggregate, they're happening with greater frequency since the last updates. 

A thought occurs to me here Robert.  Yes, that does occasionally happen ; )

Perhaps those experiencing more wtf? shots are also playing more rounds than they used to.  If we assume a certain percentage of shots taken will be really weird ones then, by playing more rounds, these shots will happen on a more regular basis.

Perhaps it's not an increase in the number of odd shots compared to "normal" ones but an increase in both and it's only the wtf? shots that stick in the memory.

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 12:00 PM

RSS