Forums

Help › Forums

Please Respond to Initiate Change

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 10 2018 12:19 PM (48 replies)
  • RoryRodriguez
    85 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2018 3:55 PM

As someone who televises live golf to the world, lives on a course, plays daily when not working, and thoroughly loves golf - there is A LOT not right with this buggy game. I've been saying this for months but the WGT apologists are quick to pounce and defend the many shortcomings of this game.

[I ONLY PLAY THE MOBILE VERSION]

I frequently hit an iron shot, such as a 195-yard 4 iron on the button...and on certain level holes with light wind, the ball will mysteriously travel only 140 yards and land in heavy brush. My good shot is rewarded instead with being stuck in the brush and making a triple or worse. (Thanks WGT!)

On the real course, it's not uncommon for me to hit out of a fairway bunker and still be able to go after the ball and reach the green - even with a hybrid or fairway wood if the lie isn't too bad. But in WGT, you're pretty much dead in a fairway bunker. (Thanks WGT!)

Often, I'll play 9 holes on the best of par 5's or a custom course that does not have any par threes. I'll hit every fairway and have 9 checkmarks on the scorecard - but the driving accuracy will report as being 89% instead of 100%. (Thanks WGT!)

In real golf I can draw or fade the ball. Some of the hole intros in the game even suggest that the player hit a draw or fade - yet WGT doesn't give the player the option to do so. (Thanks WGT!)

It's frustrating that they change an issue with custom courses that rewarded players after each round on one, yet the many bugs that screw the player over are not addressed! I have disposable income and frequently spend for golf and golf related things - but I won't spend a penny on this game! Too many bugs, too many limitations (camera angles are unplayable for mobile on many courses, such as Kiawah), and too dated equipment. WGT is now a verb to me... "Oh man, a seventh lipped putt...I got WGT'd again!"

-Steve

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2018 4:34 PM

You could have signed that as any professional on the golfing tour, they all see it. What's that tell ya?  :-D

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2018 4:50 PM

RoryRodriguez:

I frequently hit an iron shot, such as a 195-yard 4 iron on the button...and on certain level holes with light wind, the ball will mysteriously travel only 140 yards and land in heavy brush. My good shot is rewarded instead with being stuck in the brush and making a triple or worse. (Thanks WGT!)

I've never had that happen. Do you always play starter balls? Maybe it's just a function of the ball. Have you tried something better? The Callaway Chrome Soft (Level 33) is a great ball at a great price.

RoryRodriguez:
    On the real course, it's not uncommon for me to hit out of a fairway bunker and still be able to go after the ball and reach the green - even with a hybrid or fairway wood if the lie isn't too bad. But in WGT, you're pretty much dead in a fairway bunker. (Thanks WGT!)

Over the years, this has been commented on a lot. But something on here has to be penal otherwise the game would be too easy. Even so, a person can still make par on a lot of holes, having hit a fairway bunker. Par is still a good score. 

Remember that on "real courses" no one is hitting the fairway over 85% of the time. Not even the pros. And among amateurs, very few (if any) are averaging 280 yards or more off the tee. In fact, the average golfer hits it about 70 yards fewer than that, regardless of what they claim to be true. 

RoryRodriguez:
    Often, I'll play 9 holes on the best of par 5's or a custom course that does not have any par threes. I'll hit every fairway and have 9 checkmarks on the scorecard - but the driving accuracy will report as being 89% instead of 100%. (Thanks WGT!)

I've never experienced this either. I'd have to see a card.

RoryRodriguez:
    Too many bugs, too many limitations (camera angles are unplayable for mobile on many courses, such as Kiawah), and too dated equipment. WGT is now a verb to me... "Oh man, a seventh lipped putt...I got WGT'd again!"

All programs have bugs. In my opinion, the game plays exceedingly well and consistently, especially on the mobile.

Sure, there are WTF? moments. But I've had as many "bad" shots turn out well as I've had "good" shots that turned out badly. And every time that the game "stole" one of my balls because of being WGT'd, I contacted customer service, explained it, and they replaced the ball. 

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2018 10:47 PM

It is what it is.

• RoryRodriguez
    85 Posts
    Sat, Dec 8 2018 8:34 PM

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Gf8ZQycmkc7w81hD9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NHYdm7E2G8PDvHdw5

I literally see this DAILY on course that do not have any par 3 holes. I've documented this via the WGT help screens. Here are two screen shots from a round this week; the first is the scorecard, with every fairway checked. The second is the driving stats screen, which shows an incorrect percentage instead (78%). Since this happens routinely, I would expect that my real overall driving accuracy is quite a few percentage points higher than the game reports.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2018 12:49 PM

RoryRodriguez:
    I literally see this DAILY on course that do not have any par 3 holes. I've documented this via the WGT help screens. Here are two screen shots from a round this week; the first is the scorecard, with every fairway checked. The second is the driving stats screen, which shows an incorrect percentage instead (78%). Since this happens routinely, I would expect that my real overall driving accuracy is quite a few percentage points higher than the game reports.

That is weird. I've never seen that before and don't have an explanation. And while annoying, that stat is pretty meaningless. 

By the way, I see you play a lot of Best of Par 5. If you don't mind me asking, what's the attraction? 

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2018 5:38 PM

Robert1893:

RoryRodriguez:

That is weird. I've never seen that before and don't have an explanation. And while annoying, that stat is pretty meaningless. 

By the way, I see you play a lot of Best of Par 5. If you don't mind me asking, what's thee i hit  attraction? 

It is really quite simple. The stat says  “driving accuracy “. Used to be on the web game if you used anything besides a driver off the tee you got the green check but it didn’t count for driving accuracy because it  wasn’t hit with a driver. I had a round where I hit every fairway. 18 green checks but a driving accuracy of 0% because I forgot to switch from my CTTH club set and had to drive with a 3 iron. Maybe it’s like that on mobile now.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2018 5:46 PM

borntobesting:
    It is really quite simple. The stat says  “driving accuracy “. Used to be on the web game if you used anything besides a driver off the tee you got the green check but it didn’t count for driving accuracy because it  wasn’t hit with a driver. I had a round where I hit every fairway. 18 green checks but a driving accuracy of 0% because I forgot to switch from my CTTH club set and had to drive with a 3 iron. Maybe it’s like that on mobile now.

I thought of that.

So before posting my response, I played a practice round. I only used driver on 1 hole. On the other holes, I played irons or a three wood. I hit 8 of 9 fairways, and the accuracy stat was 89%, which was correct. 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2018 6:34 PM

RoryRodriguez:

I literally see this DAILY on course that do not have any par 3 holes.

They don't "keep" stats on Par 5 courses, Par 3, Best of courses, or Custom Courses....so it doesn't matter, they don't affect your stats anyway....

Also as was mentioned, any drive with any club other than the Driver isn't included in one's driving stat....the pay courses were notorious for this error.....

RSS