Forums

Help › Forums

Please Respond to Initiate Change

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 10 2018 12:19 PM (48 replies)
  • Tacoma802
    400 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2018 6:08 PM

I am calling on all my WGT brothers and sisters to reply to this post with game play inconsistencies experienced since the last couple of updates. I considered writing to members@worldgolftour.com with my concerns as I normally do but it is going to take numerous reports to initiate change.

I am a mobile player of 2.75 years and have not changed my equipment or ball used in the last year so that is not the source of the issues I am experiencing. I have always suspected that forgiveness is reduced as you advance through the tiers but I sincerely think forgiveness across all equipment has been consederably tampered with in recent updates. I am finding even the slightest misses on the ding results in the ball traveling considerably further in the direction of the miss.

Without changing the spin I use or any of the math/simple equations used to adjust for wind and/or elevation I have found in recent weeks approaches are consistently falling well short of where they should.

I am also finding the wind is affecting the ball considerably more than it ever has. Instead of making calculated adjustments for wind it had turned into a complete hit and hope guessing game.

Finally the putting has become practically impossible. I can’t pinpoint exactly the root of this but something is wrong when you see 75% of your putts rimming out or barely skimming past the hole.

I usually go months at a time without losing a single ball and have lost 2+ sleeves in the past two weeks.

I am hearing very similar reports to what I have outlined above from my fellow CC teammates as well as from numerous opponents I have played in the mobile coin rooms.

I must reiterate, if you are experiencing similar issues and have found them to be occurring very recently since the last couple forced updates, please report them here in as much detail as possible. WGT will likely not change a thing but will continue to alter the game until it’s unplayable and it starts affecting their profit margin but it is at least worth a try to initiate change.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2018 6:48 AM

Tacoma802:
    Without changing the spin I use or any of the math/simple equations used t

Tacoma802:
    I am a mobile player of 4 years

Join date Mar 2016.... this is Nov 2018.

Mayhaps your " math" may be some of the trouble.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2018 7:45 AM

I’ve also experienced these sudden unexplain changes in distance among other things, but as usual, they are disregarded, and others are quick to call it as players error. It’s a video game, glitches are constantly happening. It’s really up to WGT to give us answers. 

• Tacoma802
    400 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2018 7:48 AM

Ok, my sincere apologies for not fact checking my tenure prior to reporting on this thread. I have since revised my accrued experience in the original post specifically for your personal satisfaction. I am so glad we have forum trolls that have time to nitpick every word in a thread. The reality is, that piece of information is irrelevant. My point is, I have played the game long enough to  know the ins and outs of how the mobile platform normally plays. For anyone else that is focused on pointing out irrelevant content, please govern your comments or start your own thread to have a turd slinging contest in. This thread is meant for reports of recent mobile inconsistencies. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

• Bobca0
    319 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2018 5:28 PM

In discussion with other players in head to head games it is clear to many of us that all is not well with the game. I have been playing for several years and know when I have hit a poor shot, equally I know when I have hit a good shot. It is totally frustrating to hit a good shot and end up 7 yards short or wide. This is happening frequently and people are saying it’s the recent update. Two days ago I was playing a Manhattan game and was 1 up and teeing off on a 146 yd par 3, I missed the ding by a small margin and ended up in very deep rough 24 yd left if pin, it made no sense. It is clear that the control algorithm is not operating as it did and this is leading to changes in final ball position compared with pre September this year. What I have noticed is that - missing the ding has a much greater impact on the right/left result - intermittently long iron shots travel around 7 yds longer than expected from experience - game stabilises for a period then problem recurrs My playing method is to move the target indicator and try and hit the ding as close as possible and I find the problems frustrating, for off ding players who have developed their games that way the recent problems must be a nightmare. Time for WGT to step up and admit there is a problem

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2018 8:21 PM

Tacoma802:
    my sincere apologies for not fact checking my tenure prior to reporting on this thread.
    This raises the question how much of your further argument is based on unchecked or "alternative" facts?

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 3:47 AM

For me the game is playing pretty much the same as it has since I joined 8.5 years ago.  Putts still mysteriously just slide by the hole, shots land short for no apparent reason and sometimes the wind doesn't appear to have any effect on the ball in flight.  I can be playing great, sinking everything and suddenly it's as if I'm a 28 handicapper and playing my 2nd or 3rd round of golf.  Damn frustrating.

Exactly the same as real golf in fact.

Well done WGT, you made this online game just as head scratching as the real thing.

Those looking for an arcade experience where wind x distance x club loft / number of times you went for a crap last week always results in a perfect shot should look elsewhere.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 4:45 AM

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 5:21 AM

MainzMan:
    For me the game is playing pretty much the same as it has since I joined 8.5 years ago.  Putts still mysteriously just slide by the hole, shots land short for no apparent reason and sometimes the wind doesn't appear to have any effect on the ball in flight.

Same here and the cycles are pretty consistent. Knock 'em dead today, get knocked dead tomorrow.  :-)

• Bobca0
    319 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 5:44 AM

I think people are missing the point in this thread. It’s not about calculations not working and some changes to wind impact. People who have played the game for many years know what to expect and play because they enjoy it.

This is about a newly introduce algorithm error which is creating silly shots that have not happened before. Yes the game is meant to be realistic and odd things should be expected but if you play real golf and hit a good wedge shot to the green it may miss and go right or short, not fly out of bounds.

Variabliity is good computer faults are not.

RSS