Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Ryder Cup 2018

Wed, Dec 12 2018 9:28 PM (381 replies)
  • WaLk0fLiFe
    285 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 9:08 AM

The new rule. Who complained about the shot clock? It wasn't one of our players right? So your side wanted 60 sec and played on 90, probably regretted it. You make a new rule that the default is 60. Did u consult our captain to see what we wanted? nope. It may not have been intentional but your side wanted 60 sec and now the default is 60 sec with no inquiry on our side. Your side complained and your side gets 60 sec default, that is how it looks. I hope you can see that lol. 

The WC is 90 sec default people just expect it as the default if not stated otherwise. The better play would have been to announce it for the NEXT round opposed to one that has already started.

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 9:36 AM

jayw4862:
    There will always be players who prefer differing clocks. I think this new rule should have been in place before the RC began. Bringing it into play now, after an entire round has been played (and with zero complaints from anyone..publicly) is not cool. 

jayw4862:
    Having the event organizer, who's also a player on his team change rules almost midway through the event isn't cool Simon. 

Yes, as I said, that criticism is totally fair and I should have handled it differently from the start. I'm in a tough spot, but I had to come up with a solution because the players could not agree amongst themselves.

I only heard about the discussion about the shot clock in yesterday's match (Ro vs. Luis) after I put this new rule in place. It did not play any role in my decision. The match that put me on the spot having to make a decision has not been played yet.

jayw4862:
    If you wanted to make it a new rule, make it 90. 30 extra seconds won't kill a faster player's game. 

I don't see any reason why a 90-second should be the default. I'm pretty sure I lose a shot or two with a 90-second shot clock (if players really use most of it) I usually try to convince my opponents to play 45 seconds, although in the end we mostly agree on 60. 60 seconds are more than enough to come up with a good shot. If you need extra time on a particular shot, there's always the 7 timeouts.

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 9:47 AM

In the 1st round two of the quickest players on both teams met up, Flexbomb (Doug) & ujj (Peter).

It was rapid fire & great to see & they did it with a 90 sec clock but got their shot's off with 30, 45 sec's to spare so the 90 sec clock wasn't an Issue In that game, On the contrary.

Most will get their shot off within 60 sec's but It's nice for some to have the comfort of some extra time If they find themselves In a difficult spot (Red Box) especially this UEL round.

For those that missed It Flexbomb V ujj

Ken

• Young46
    1,292 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 9:54 AM

As I told Fmagnets in my message to him, I need 90 seconds when it comes to UEL. I don't play it often, and when I have it's never been on a 60 second clock. If that sounds unreasonable then so be it. Point being, if it's not a 90 second shot clock then someone else on the team can take my place this round. 

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 10:05 AM

Young46:

As I told Fmagnets in my message to him, I need 90 seconds when it comes to UEL. I don't play it often, and when I have it's never been on a 60 second clock. If that sounds unreasonable then so be it. Point being, if it's not a 90 second shot clock then someone else on the team can take my place this round. 

That's petty. I hope mags will prove himself the bigger man, as he did in round one when you two disagreed over the shot clock.

• Young46
    1,292 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 10:09 AM

birchi:

That's petty. I hope mags will prove himself the bigger man, as he did in round one when you two disagreed over the shot clock.

So because he gets bored on a 90 shot clock I should have to be rushed and play on a 60 second shot clock ... call it whatever you want Simon.

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 10:14 AM

Young46:

birchi:

So because he gets bored on a 90 shot clock I should have to be rushed and play on a 60 second shot clock ... call it whatever you want Simon.

Getting bored is not the point. Mags thrives on playing with a very quick rhythm. A 90-second shot clock kills that which puts players like him in a disadvantage. I know that from my own experience as well. I think it's reasonable for him to ask for a 60-second shot clock this time around as he gave in to your request in round one.

• WaLk0fLiFe
    285 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 10:42 AM

U keep saying the players couldn't agree but also said it was not the ro/lu match?..what 2 players on opposites sides yet to play couldn't agree? They disagreed b4 the match has even been scheduled??

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 10:46 AM

WaLk0fLiFe:
    what 2 players on opposites sides yet to play couldn't agree? They disagreed b4 the match has started?

Yes, mags and Jason can't agree on whether to play 60 or 90 seconds.

• WaLk0fLiFe
    285 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 10:51 AM

so this is a slop over from the previous round then. Mags wanted 60 sec in last rd so u changed the default this rd to 60 sec right b4 his match with Jason lol?  idk man.. is what it is...think yall can can carry on without me.

RSS