Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Ryder Cup 2018

Wed, Dec 12 2018 9:28 PM (381 replies)
  • maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 7:43 AM
    WaLk0fLiFe:

first match our side requested 90 sec EU agreed. EU loses match and then wants to make a rule of 60 sec moving forward. It is pretty cut and dry....you just can't do that with no rules in place before the round even started.

Well it s taken for granted that my english maybe is not so good. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ i m not telling that the default time is 60 seconds. I m just telling that we should leave players to decide what timer they prefer.. andivo and jay are playing now a uel mp in 90 seconds.. They both agree for 90 seconds and they are playing for 90. If there are not rules about time it s easy understand that both the player have to agree for the timer. If u tell 90 seconds and i tell 30 seconds it s probably we will play at 60.. in first round your team decided the mp to play.. it was to your guys team invite us to play.. (see young46 that asked to magn to change the time to 90sec) .. now it s our own turn to invite you and there are not rules.. so lets that players talk and be agree with a timer.. in the case of no agreement should be in the middle. Obiuvsly this is my own suggestion... i m agree with u to don t set up a default time because in the original rules there s nothing about and i m against change the rules when the tournament has started. First round nothing have to do with my last msg. U got it because u played well.
  • WaLk0fLiFe
    285 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 7:50 AM

maoriand1:
    WaLk0fLiFe:

first match our side requested 90 sec EU agreed. EU loses match and then wants to make a rule of 60 sec moving forward. It is pretty cut and dry....you just can't do that with no rules in place before the round even started.

Well it s taken for granted that my english maybe is not so good. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ i m not telling that the default time is 60 seconds. I m just telling that we should leave players to decide what timer they prefer.. andivo and jay are playing now a uel mp in 90 seconds.. They both agree for 90 seconds and they are playing for 90. If there are not rules about time it s easy understand that both the player have to agree for the timer. If u tell 90 seconds and i tell 30 seconds it s probably we will play at 60.. in first round your team decided the mp to play.. it was to your guys team invite us to play.. (see young46 that asked to magn to change the time to 90sec) .. now it s our own turn to invite you and there are not rules.. so lets that players talk and be agree with a timer.. in the case of no agreement should be in the middle. Obiuvsly this is my own suggestion... i m agree with u to don t set up a default time because in the original rules there s nothing about and i m against change the rules when the tournament has started. First round nothing have to do with my last msg. U got it because u played well.

your english is just as good as mine lol.. the problem is the guy who wants 60 or less just has to say 45 and hes guaranteed to never play above 60 sec. 

I will let the captains sort it from here. I have made my arguments against this poor decision (imo) no need for me to clutter this thread any further. I hope we can resolve this issue and move on with the matches.

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 8:04 AM
    The only player that would like play any games at 30 seconds is Ujjbnik i guess... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ swedish is a cold land.. they are prepared to make everything faster lol
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 8:08 AM

WaLk0fLiFe:
    your english is just as good as mine lol.. the problem is the guy who wants 60 or less just has to say 30 and hes guaranteed to never play above 60 sec. 

Jeez, or:  the problem is the guy who wants 60 or more just has to say 90 and hes guaranteed to never play below 60 sec. 

So Simon suggests the middle ground if no agreement is reached, first we have:

Some of our guys were gonna struggle on UEL with 90 sec as it was... will be a genuine uphill battle for our more novice UEL guys (no pun) on 60 sec. Not saying it's a ploy, but should have made this announcement from the get go imo :(

And then it seems it is a ploy

first match of UEL our side requested 90 sec EU agreed. EU loses match and then wants to make a rule of 60 sec moving forward. It is pretty cut and dry....you just can't do that with no rules in place before the UEL round even started.

What has he done that is so bad? It's not like he's said 30sec, he's suggested the middle ground and wgt default.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 8:30 AM

Jayw vs Andivo  1/2 each 

AS after 18

Another very lucky round on my end. I never made a putt on the front 9 and Andivo couldn't miss. Luckily, a couple of errant shots allowed me to get back even (2 down after 3 holes). The way it was going, I honestly thought we'd not even make to 14 or 15. 

Thank you Federico for a very good game, and also a couple good lessons learned on where to play to on certain holes. 

We went ahead and finished out the round, which ended on first extra hole. 

I'm more proud that I didn't make any bogeys being as CB is my toughest course, and my UEL game is pure crap!! 

Good luck to everyone else in their matches. 

PS...we used a 10 second clock too!! :-)

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 8:35 AM

I don't appreciate the notion that I'm tinkering with the rules to give our team an advantage. It's pretty clear that's what you're suggesting, so at least don't beat around the bush.

I don't care who wins this tournament as long as the matches are played in good spirit and I'm sure that most players will find an amicable solution everyone can live with. This is just a last resort if communication fails, so we have clear rules in that case. You're right that I should have established them from the start, and that's on me, but I didn't expect that this might become necessary.

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 8:51 AM

maoriand1:
    I m just telling that we should leave players to decide what timer they prefer

Just to reiterate, that's exactly what the rule states now. I hope and expect everyone can agree on a timer that works for both. If that's not the case, there's now a solution in place how to handle the disagreement that I should have had in place from the start.

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 9:03 AM

i got what u were trying to say.. 

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 9:06 AM

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 9:07 AM

birchi:
    I hope and expect everyone can agree on a timer that works for both.

There will always be players who prefer differing clocks. I think this new rule should have been in place before the RC began. Bringing it into play now, after an entire round has been played (and with zero complaints from anyone..publicly) is not cool. 

Some people use spreadsheets, some don't, some take a long time looking at putts, some don't. If you wanted to make it a new rule, make it 90. 30 extra seconds won't kill a faster player's game. 

The big thing here is that a new rule popped up during the 2nd rd. Why didn't anyone bring up clock/timers before the first round?

Having the event organizer, who's also a player on his team change rules almost midway through the event isn't cool Simon. 

RSS