Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Ryder Cup 2018

Wed, Dec 12 2018 9:28 PM (381 replies)
  • WaLk0fLiFe
    285 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 2:23 AM

birchi:

Several people asked me about the shot clock for the matches. So far I did not specify the number of seconds in the rules because I wanted to leave it up to the two players to find a solution that works for both. 

That rule is still in place. But to avoid any trouble going forward, we will set the default timer at 60 seconds in case the two players disagree about the setting. 

So, in short: 60 seconds as the default setting, shorter or longer clocks if both players agree to change it.

nice timing on this announcement... lol..Some of our guys were gonna struggle on UEL with 90 sec as it was... will be a genuine uphill battle for our more novice UEL guys (no pun) on 60 sec. Not saying it's a ploy, but should have made this announcement from the get go imo :(

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 2:41 AM

WaLk0fLiFe:
    Not saying it's a ploy, but should have made this announcement from the get go imo :(

Yes, you're right on that one. I thought everyone would be able to work it out amongst themselves, but apparently there are some who won't be able to do that. Since 60 is the default WGT matchplay setting, I think it's more than reasonable. I encourage everyone to shorten or lengthen the timer if his/her opponent really struggles with the default setting.

That being said, the trouble with shot clocks goes both ways. I really struggle with a 90-second shot clock because opponents taking forever is completely killing my rhythm. If it were up to me, I would always play with a 30-second shot clock. I will still, as I always did, use the 90-second shot clock if my opponent asks for it.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 3:30 AM

WaLk0fLiFe:
    nice timing on this announcement... lol..Some of our guys were gonna struggle on UEL with 90 sec as it was... will be a genuine uphill battle for our more novice UEL guys (no pun) on 60 sec. Not saying it's a ploy, but should have made this announcement from the get go imo :(

I wonder who exactly these novices are. 

We could rule out Tom, who beat Mags and Joe in our year long uel MP tournament. Simon and Mikkel don't play much uel.  Young plays the high stakes RG pretty well, possibly even has the only uel chart.  Wonotamo?  Kelsp? Shankette has already won.

Is Tanapard more a novice in this format than Wasagojii? Jay than Andivo? rfpoul than Sebicu?

Seems like unnecessary discord.

Oops missed Mythofpandora v Jediknight; maybe a bit of an experience edge in uel but is it much?

• WaLk0fLiFe
    285 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 3:46 AM

DodgyPutter:

WaLk0fLiFe:

I wonder who exactly these novices are. 

We could rule out Tom, who beat Mags and Joe in our year long uel MP tournament. Simon and Mikkel don't play much uel.  Young plays the high stakes RG pretty well, possibly even has the only uel chart.  Wonotamo?  Kelsp? Shankette has already won.

Is Tanapard more a novice in this format than Wasagojii? Jay than Andivo? rfpoul than Sebicu?

Seems like unnecessary discord.

Oops missed Mythofpandora v Jediknight; maybe a bit of an experience edge in uel but is it much?

I don't feed trolls :)

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 3:48 AM

No but it's there for any fair minded person to see.

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 4:24 AM

DodgyPutter:

No but it's there for any fair minded person to see.

Now that the goal posts have been moved & the playing field "levelled" In your eye's you might want to revise your prediction

Seeing as It's so even now maybe you should revise It to 5 - 5! ;)

Ken

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 4:52 AM

You realy want to be that petty?  Fine, but I'lI try to answer you seriously.  If you read back you may see it wasn't about the teams being even it was about whether or not Europe had a big experience edge in uel.

In the first round I took 7.5-2.5 for Europe, it wasn't uel and ROTW had the advantage of second pick.  Maybe there is also a bit of wishfull thinking in these. Lol if I ever get one right I'm likely to be the only one. :-))

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 5:51 AM

let players find their own compromiss...if one say 30 sec and the other one 90 ...the right timer will be 60...if both are agree to 90 they play 90... if both for 30 the same.. easy

• WaLk0fLiFe
    285 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 7:20 AM

first match of UEL our side requested 90 sec EU agreed. EU loses match and then wants to make a rule of 60 sec moving forward. It is pretty cut and dry....you just can't do that with no rules in place before the UEL round even started.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 7:28 AM

RSS