Forums

Help › Forums

The Alt-Shot World Challenge

Thu, Oct 17 2019 10:11 PM (632 replies)
  • birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2018 5:54 AM

I will be forfeiting the next match in the looser-bracket as well, so whoever the opponents are can move on to the next round quickly. Good luck to everyone for the rest of the tournament!

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2018 7:16 AM

Putterdog/dd12ba vs budster1/ajmack3 are yet to play R1 in the lower bracket.

Whats happening with them? If they play their rounds, the winner will definitely jump to R3 playing against us as Birchi n Team is forfeiting. 

Me n my P would like to know about the match . 

Thanks

-Carl

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2018 12:25 PM

carlosdev:

Putterdog/dd12ba vs budster1/ajmack3 are yet to play R1 in the lower bracket.

Whats happening with them? If they play their rounds, the winner will definitely jump to R3 playing against us as Birchi n Team is forfeiting. 

Me n my P would like to know about the match . 

Thanks

-Carl

The Bottom Bracket (I hate that word "loser's" for that one...maybe "2nd chance bracket") might experience things like this as our first two opponents up top weren't aware they had a 2nd chance.  I think they missed the fact that this was a "double elimination".  I guess the "date to play cutoff" will have to be adhered to and those teams that advance via "default" just have to accept the nods without having to play.

I think the challenge some teams had in scheduling their matches up top may have caused a little drop in interest that's affecting the lower bracket.  OR...they thought it was a one and done tourney.  It's a shame because the matches that do get scheduled and played are really fun (even if they took some struggle to get setup and agreed upon). For those of us who love alt-shot, and the social aspect of the format, this tourney provides us with everything we all enjoy.  I hope the teams in the bottom know they're there and understand they're still in it.

Maybe next year a one and done would be better?  IDK...just throwing that out there.

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2018 12:42 PM

pmm711:

I guess the "date to play cutoff" will have to be adhered to and those teams that advance via "default" just have to accept the nods without having to play.

It's not clear from the 1st post what the "date to play" cutoffs are for the Loser's Bracket rounds.  Perhaps the Rules Committee could clarify this?

• GeorgeJ011
    3,057 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2018 3:07 AM

We could not get all the players from different time zone together at the same time, we all played wk 43 9-hole single play.....

GeorgeJ011  -- 38 / Kajday2 -- 33  =       71  

FRANZINIPIERRE -- 34 / Eggity -- 42 =  76

Respect and admiration to all involved in running this event.

• putterdog
    6,687 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2018 6:57 AM

trying to play today . What course do I set it up on ?

never mind   got it

• JohnHoang1
    12 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2018 9:53 AM

Hello everyone, 

This is so nice event, i've just found it out. Very fun...Good luck to all !

--Johnny

• AJMack3
    396 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2018 10:10 AM

Budster/AJMack hereby forfeit their match to Putterdog and partner in the loser's bracket. Good luck.

Thanks.

• putterdog
    6,687 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2018 2:00 PM

well I heard the  the other team will not play .Aj and I tried to set it up with the times .   Attila and I were ready . So was Mack but no partner for Mack .    kinda a bummer ..

now what please .

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sun, Oct 28 2018 5:20 AM

RSS