Forums

Help › Forums

The Alt-Shot World Challenge

Thu, Oct 17 2019 10:11 PM (632 replies)
  • JMH1
    286 Posts
    Tue, Oct 23 2018 6:18 PM

JMH1/Killer52 defeated Naturali/DonsGolf0 by forfeit.  Dongolf0 hasn't been seen the entire month of October and naturali has been unable  contact him and has agreed to forfeit the match.

• pmm711
    5,522 Posts
    Tue, Oct 23 2018 6:47 PM

23 Oct

lonnieskinner and pmm711 defeated JCoulter849 and Wooooopss in a 9-hole Alternate Shot game on CHAMBERS BAY.    

Lonnie and I greatly enjoyed our match vs. John and Roger.  We were AS all the way to hole 17 where Roger drove to within 12 feet and I went over the green.  Lonnie holed out and John just missed his birdie putt.  The opportunity to get it back to AS on the 18th faded when our opponents hit the beach on the drive.  We played relatively safe for a conceded 1.5ft bird and gained the W 2&1. 
  • teamonkey
    294 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 4:08 PM

teamonkey and elsemonica won 3 &1 against 6tee9 and wickedwoman

• carlosdev
    2,529 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 11:40 PM

Round 3 "1up"

bluey403 and tseeqhim defeated carlosdev and kelsp in a 9-hole Alternate Shot game on ST ANDREWS LINKS: THE OLD COURSE.

Well, Team Green got an early 1up n rest of the holes were halved. Actually my monster drive went ahead n hit the neighbouring ladies garden n she said, she's not giving the ball back. Couple of tomatoes were on the air lol.. So that's were we lost the hole.

And thats the problem with Andrews, an early 1up is the key to win this round. Excellent people to set up n play the game on time too. Easy Peasy set up. 

Wd Team Green !!! :) Good luck to you in the coming up matches.

- Carl

• tseeqhim
    495 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 11:49 PM

Very well played match, Carl and KP!

One unlucky break on Carl's massive drive on 3 turned out to be the only difference in a very tight match. Lots of conceded putts from tight approaches - Pete and I were fortunate to have eeked out that W.

Will keep an eye out for you gents for a future match.

Best,

Cort

• bluey403
    1,527 Posts
    Thu, Oct 25 2018 12:01 AM

Yeah cheers guys ,

As said the game came down to an unlucky break, Cort & I needed to make 8 birdies to break the deadlock. Was nice to meet Carlos and always good to catch up with my old buddy KP.

• teamonkey
    294 Posts
    Thu, Oct 25 2018 3:29 AM

Round 2

Teamonkey & Elsemonica defeated 6tee9 & Wickedwoman

• Ezzy123450
    209 Posts
    Thu, Oct 25 2018 6:13 AM

Hello,

Stevie and I (Gesman1972 & Ezzy123450) won against skynardinards & gyrene120

Fun match and my partner was on fire with the putter.  However, gyrene made the putt of the match after my partner put me within 2 ft on his approach ... Gyrene hit a 41ft putt ... amazing.

Cheers,

Ezzy

• kelsp
    2,198 Posts
    Thu, Oct 25 2018 6:15 AM

Great game of Bluey & tseeqhim against me and CarlosDev. Excellent play by all and in particular Pater & Cort. I made one mistake which was too much since every hole was Darted to :)

Excellent stuff guys. Good luck

-kp

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Oct 25 2018 7:59 PM
    Round 3 match    

25 Oct
    kavvz and ColumbusStorm defeated Wesdogg75 and Mlevin in a 9-hole Alternate Shot game on ST ANDREWS LINKS: THE OLD COURSE.    

Just a great game.  Marc and Wes went up 1 on 3 and it stayed that way with all birdies until 8 when we had 15 and 12 footers.  We made our 12 ft, and there's burnt the edge.  2 birdies on 9 sent us to extras where we pulled out the W on #2.  Marc's meter went for a crap.    

Thought we were done for most of the round save for #8 where the difference was half an inch.  

Vgg fellas & well played.  

Cheers!
    brad
RSS