Mon, Dec 17 2018 10:38 AM (74 replies)
  • TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2018 12:52 PM

• Schmails3
    168 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2018 8:40 AM

Williams01210021:

they sadness on the penaltybox members face when they realise that for all those tens of thousands credits spent on passes got them just 12 balls for the whole club.......

While this probably doesn't warrant a response I'm going to send one anyways.  As a matter of fact there is no sadness in our faces, we knew the prizes going in.  So in response to your ill attempted fate at humor because you obviously are not a fan of Clashes, we at The Penalty Box do not play clashes for the prizes.  We play because we enjoy clashes, we enjoy the competition against other clubs, we enjoy the competition inside our own club during clashes with members competing against other members as well as the club just having fun and seeing what kind of numbers we can put up.  So while yes, a lot of passes and sleeves are used during clashes, we are fine with that and we enjoy it.  So we are pleased with our performance and there was no sadness in our club.  Better luck next time with your comments.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2018 11:54 AM

• ladyfromdallas
    1,221 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2018 12:23 PM

Yes if you get your members to waste credits on passes

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2018 12:46 PM

if it dont warrant a response why do one? You go on like i was having a go at your club.... well i wasnt i was just making a point about the crap prizes but i will now.  i actually am a fan of the clashes but im not going to waste thousands of credits to win a prize that i could buy for less credits..... for me anyone that does that is abit stupid. Yes you might like the competition but to waste so much money on it is in my eyes a joke. 

We all know wgt have made the clash a joke now, yes when it started it might of been ok but with the amount of clubs entering the prizes are a disgrace! and they wont change them while clubs like yours are spending all those credits during them. 

If you enjoy it then great, carry on wasting them credits, hopefully you will push the Gerogian to waste many more next clash, keep it up and you might fund a new course! o wait its wgt... the directors will raise a glass to you on their next summer vacation.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2018 1:10 PM

Schmails3:
    While this probably doesn't warrant a response I'm going to send one anyways.  As a matter of fact there is no sadness in our faces, we knew the prizes going in.  So in response to your ill attempted fate at humor because you obviously are not a fan of Clashes, we at The Penalty Box do not play clashes for the prizes.  We play because we enjoy clashes, we enjoy the competition against other clubs, we enjoy the competition inside our own club during clashes with members competing against other members as well as the club just having fun and seeing what kind of numbers we can put up.  So while yes, a lot of passes and sleeves are used during clashes, we are fine with that and we enjoy it.  So we are pleased with our performance and there was no sadness in our club.  Better luck next time with your comments.

• ladyfromdallas
    1,221 Posts
    Thu, Jul 26 2018 5:42 AM
    I wish the penalty box the the best in knocking the Georgia from their perch, This will happen sooner than later.
  • Schmails3
    168 Posts
    Thu, Jul 26 2018 10:23 AM

ladyfromdallas:
    I wish the penalty box the the best in knocking the Georgia from their perch, This will happen sooner than later.

Thank you for support.  If we could get some help from WGT it would be nice but when The Georgian gets the BOP5 every clash so far it makes it tough when we are on more difficult courses like Bandon. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Jul 27 2018 12:41 AM

ladyfromdallas:

Yes if you get your members to waste credits on passes

This.

The four CC passes awarded as prizes are totally useless.  If you have them, you get no "free" pass every 12 hours until they are used up/ 

Thus - they are a rapidly disappearing illusion of a prize.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jul 27 2018 5:39 AM

+1

RSS