Forums

Help › Forums

A Real Christmas in July By WGTdbloshoe and Friends

Mon, Jul 23 2018 8:03 AM (132 replies)
  • justacowboy
    1,338 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 2:07 PM

I would love to help as a santa  .... but im still on moderation for my dumb "tutu"  remark....    lol   I think its been about a year now

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 2:15 PM

Starts july 23 till 27th

• bigburger
    1,186 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 3:05 PM

ItsTooSweet:

Very Nice WGT.

Chris

Oh My Days !!!! Mr ItsTooSweet thank you so much for the generosity ....... I believe in passing it on and hopefully next time around I will be in a position to gift someone what they desire !!! ...... after reading some of the last forum pages ....... if feel for the GENUINE people and Santa's ...... please save this comment in case there is ever any doubt,  as I will be genuine to my word especially as someone helped my today. 

Also as a true scotsman to you ItsTooSweet ..... Lang may yer Lum Reek ( I hope you fire keeps burning and wish you well for the future ). 

BB 

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 3:27 PM

Was going to post on that other thread but cant.

I have some real life things going on right now and did not have the time it takes to run this event , I was happy at first to see someone else want to step up and try .  I loged on last night and saw what was happening .    I am sad .

I am sorry but some how I feel I let the WGT community down . 

OPY

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 3:33 PM

As an update on this (and I'll add this to Shoe's post as well) we're putting this together very last minute and will run differently than more organized years. 

Each day a different moderator (except me, I'm slated for two days) will play Santa. Please keep in mind that we all wear a few different hats so we will not be available all the time during the day, so if some times goes without any gifts Santa is only taking a little break from all the holiday cheer. Also, we do go home at some point. (Santas need their rest)

Thank you all for your generosity and the many messages in my inbox asking to be included. We have decided we are not going to officially call on any community Santas, however, if you're feeling cheerful and want to send some gifts during the event you're absolutely welcome to. 

See you Monday for some eggnog and candy canes!

_CHAMPION 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 3:36 PM

opyeuclid:

I have some real life things going on right now and did not have the time it takes to run this event , I was happy at first to see someone else want to step up and try .  I loged on last night and saw what was happening .    I am sad .

OPY

You should absolutely not feel like that.  Unless you can foresee the future,  you had no way of knowing what was going to transpire.  It's being taken care of, the right way.  Chin up, and go have some fun, lots of good people taking up the slack!  ;^) 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 3:43 PM

Luckystar5:

opyeuclid:

OPY

You should absolutely not feel like that.  Unless you can foresee the future,  you had no way of knowing what was going to transpire.  It's being taken care of, the right way.  Chin up, and go have some fun, lots of good people taking up the slack!  ;^) 

Amen... well said.

Hey OPY, always remember imitation is the best form of flattery. 

LOL

Don

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 3:48 PM

WGTdbloshoe:
    Lastly, Opy  if you would like to be involved in any way, please let us know.  We would be happy to have you participate.  I have a couple ideas on how you can so please reach out to Myself or WGTchampion.

PM sent 

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 3:49 PM
    MainzMan:

TopShelf2010:

It truly is Christmas in July

Hope you had a nice vacation D.

Welcome Back

Don

Thanks Don, good to be back and able to reply promptly to posts.

The holiday was great.  We had our usual car trouble right before we left though, somehow something always goes wrong just before we want to leave.  This year the clutch packed in 3 days before our leaving day.  We got it back on the day, quickly finished loading the caravan and off we went.  And then, 4 days before we planned on driving home I noticed oil on the underside of the car and discovered the gearbox oil had all escaped past a drive shaft seal.  What joy.

Could have been worse I suppose, it could have happened on the 500 mile drive home and ended with a seized gearbox on the Autobahn, not a nice thought.

Overall we had a great time though, thanks for your interest mate  :))

Just a quick pic or 2 and I'll let this thread return to where it should be.  This is us on the way home, it's still light here, it was about 3:30am when we got home.

And one of the kids, just before we left.  We've taken the exact same picture every year, the kids all in the same place.

Right, back to Santa time I think, enough of my waffle : )

Kicking my ass in the WC gave you the best start to your holiday lol.Glad you had a great time mate.
  • garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 4:25 PM

Thank you Shoe and Champ for reviving, what was a noble venture(and I think will still be) and shutting down the other thread

I have in the past either as myself or through my CC gifted.  Not sure if July, but thinking was actually in MC's Christmas.  Both still play, as they are on my friends list and 1 of them was active in the other thread.

I almost bit on this July also, but something just didn't seem right, and I refrained.

For some reason or the other, that other person thought that he was the entitled one to receive gifts.

I have read the responses in the other thread from the gift givers, stating that's it, never again.  Please reconsider those actions.

I don't win my credits, I have to buy them.  It makes me feel good to gift to someone that needs it, and I know you do to.  Are you really ready to take that feeling away from yourself, because of an idiot?

Again thanks for what Shoe and Champ are about to do starting on the 23rd.

RSS