Forums

Help › Forums

A Real Christmas in July By WGTdbloshoe and Friends

Mon, Jul 23 2018 8:03 AM (132 replies)
  • WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 9:00 AM

Hi All!

In the past Opy and MrCaddie have been gracious enough to donate their time, effort, and credits to running an amazing event that really encapsulated the generosity of the WGT Community.  This year..... What can I say.....  Disappointed?  Disgusted?  Sad?  I think at this point I am just speechless.  

Christmas in July was something I was happy to be involved with, in the past, turned into something very ugly this year.  But, out of the ashes of the dumpster fire that it turned into over the past week, we hope we can turn it into a positive experience for our players.  

With that said, we will be running our own Real Christmas in July from Monday July 23rd to July 27th.  We will be giving away Balls, Equipment, Snacks, and pats on the back.  And possibly hugs from Icon.

If anyone who gave anything away in a thread not to be named and didn't get that warm and fuzzy feeling that they should of.  Please send a message to WGTChampion and let him know you would like to participate.  We will have you help us pick players to gift items to.  

Lastly, Opy and MrCaddie if you would like to be involved in any way, please let us know.  We would be happy to have you participate.  I have a couple ideas on how you can so please reach out to Myself or WGTchampion.

- WGTdbloshoe

Champ Update: 

We're putting this together very last minute and will run differently than more organized years. 

Each day a different moderator (except me, I'm slated for two days) will play Santa. Please keep in mind that we all wear a few different hats so we will not be available all the time during the day, so if some times goes by without any gifts, Santa is only taking a little break from all the holiday cheer. Also, we do go home at some point. (Santas need their rest)

Thank you all for your generosity and the many messages in my inbox asking to be included. We have decided we are not going to officially call on any community Santas, however, if you're feeling cheerful and want to send some gifts during the event you're absolutely welcome to. 

See you Monday for some eggnog and candy canes!

_CHAMPION 

EDIT:

Day 1 is now live here: http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/541726.aspx

Locking this thread to avoid confusion. 

_CHAMPION

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 9:08 AM
    What a great gesture.

As promised, I held my tongue after beginning the "outing" of the guy in the unnamed thread, even though he besmirched my integrity as his former owner and told a pack of lies about our communications and his own circumstances at the time he joined.

Thank you for trying to restore the "giving" aspect; hopefully everyone realizes now that my integrity is just fine. But a hug would be great!

Cheers,
    AKD
  • TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 9:09 AM

Well done Shoe and thank you

Don

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 9:10 AM

Very quick response. Appreciate it, WD !! Way to go !! :) 

- Carl

• ItsTooSweet
    149 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 9:10 AM

Very Nice WGT.

Chris

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 9:12 AM

I, personnally,  really hope that you can resurrect the spirit of which this once was,  Godspeed!!!!! Hopefully THIS thread remains positive for all!  Good luck

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 9:17 AM

WGTdbloshoe:
    With that said, we will be running our own Real Christmas in July from Monday July 23rd to July 27th.  We will be giving away Balls, Equipment, Snacks, and pats on the back.  And possibly hugs from Icon.

• ItsTooSweet
    149 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 9:25 AM

WGT refunded my credits that were... well you know. I didn't even ask. Thanks Champion. Very impressed with how WGT is handling this. Fantastic Job!

• ukvermonter
    2,013 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 9:33 AM

It's good to see this happening but when I message Champ to say I'm in and he says he wants his shoe shined instead I'm gone lol,

Dale / ukvermonter

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 9:36 AM

ukvermonter:

It's good to see this happening but when I message Champ to say I'm in and he says he wants his shoe shined instead I'm gone lol,

Dale / ukvermonter

HAHA! I was just hoping you send me a new avatar or something. I guess I won't even ask now. X-D

_CHAMPION

RSS