Help › Forums

What a Crock

Sat, Aug 4 2018 4:57 AM (24 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2018 2:16 AM

JoeMaverick:

Thank you all!

Having the gold putter is fun (I can say I have it) but I won't use it. I've already played with a 4.5 meter speed putter, after several months I came back on my old putter, the 0.5 of difference in meter speed was too big. And my current putter is the best one, I advise it to everybody!

So yes, I've got nothing from my 2 VUSO wins. A 50cr RG is even more interesting lol.

Joe

Gosh, there is a club that swears the golden fleece is the last word  LOL (currently busy I presume)

Well done again............per another thread and the above RG reference I think WGT should be looking at the stance again.  I get it time and money opening up anything legal, but I do hope they flick you some stuff as well as the Golden.....

Two on the bounce is a truly wondrous achievement anyway - shows what can be done.

• jason01291
    411 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2018 1:14 PM

Bump

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2018 8:25 AM

Bubblesimba:

Alosso,

Imho, if a Belgian player qualifys for a poker tournament on Pokerstars, he gets his price.

The law here doesnt say we cant play and try, they only warn us.

Joz

He will if that site isnt black listed by your government . Your country has an extensive list of gaming sites that are not allowed to operate in your country . If you google Belgium Gaming Laws then you can access the black list . WGT is not on it but the point is your country does have gaming laws and not sure where WGT fits in due to those laws .

I wasnt going to read the entire section but you can if you wish . A discrimination law suit would cost them more than the trip is worth . So you can pretty much bet that they are operating according to the laws of your country whatever they may be .

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2018 4:57 AM

Hi

First of all, congratulations to Joe. To win, not just on one occaision but two, is a remarkable achievement. I presume a similar situation arose last year when he won, so to put himself through it again this year deserves even more respect. It is without doubt a genuine achievement and should be rewarded as such, not with a virtual bit of gold coloured pipe.

The whole eligibilty issue though is what caught my eye. On a way, way lower level a while back there was another WGT tournament running that every time I logged on greeted me with a half page pop up inviting me to "play now" etc. and get a free ball just for taking part! Every time I did (the only way to get rid of the damn thing) an even bigger pop up appeared telling me I wasn't eligible, no free ball etc. and you don't live in the States idiot, read the rules. So I did.

That's it. There seems to be an awful lot excluded (countries were the same for the VUSO) including most of mainland Europe.

While different countries have different rules I understand that a few might be excluded but that lot ?

It's also interesting that it mentions the 50 states, DC etc. are eligible. Is gambling allowed in all states now, it's been a few years since I was there?

Whatever Joe gets, or got, I hope he enjoys it. He deserves it

Cheers!

Rich

RSS