Forums

Help › Forums

What a Crock

Sat, Aug 4 2018 4:57 AM (24 replies)
  • lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2018 7:19 AM

Well while looking at the latest news I see that Joe Maverick has won the US Open tournament  again. Congratulations Joe on your back to back Open wins . Unfortunately though Joe cant claim the prize . He lives in a country that disqualifies him from doing so . Not WGTs fault just due to his countries laws .

Ok all good because Joe is still a winner . But the problem that I have is how WGT is showing their congratulatory spirit towards Joe for this accomplishment . WGT has decided to award Joe a gold Max putter for winning the US Open . 

To that I say what a crock . I mean that just seems so cheap and raggedy . Does Joe deserve  something for what he has done ? Sure he does most definitely . So WGT instead of being so cheap and giving Joe something so worthless as a gold Max putter . Why not give him something worth having . 

Why not give him a full set of the new Callaway Rogue clubs . Thats right the whole new set driver 3 wood  irons and even throw in the hybrid just in case they may want it . Then throw in a dozen thats right 12 sleeves of balls ( Players Choice ) to make it right . 

If Joe were able to fully claim the prize then it would have cost WGT / Top Golf way more than that . So stop being so cheap WGT and treat Joe Maverick better than what you are doing .

Also with back to back US Open wins Joe should be elevated to Tour Champion . Any player who can win the US Open twice in a row to me is more than worthy of being a Tour Champion . So WGT when you finally get off of your behinds and start promoting players to Tour Champion . Just make sure that Joe Maverick is at the top of that list .

So just my thoughts on this matter . What say you WGT community ? Am I right or wrong for voicing this opinion . 

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2018 7:25 AM

+ infinity

• Bowl64
    3,083 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2018 7:32 AM

Correct.

Bjorn

• bluzgolf
    1,072 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2018 8:14 AM

+1

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2018 8:48 AM

lonniescott711:
    So just my thoughts on this matter . What say you WGT community ? Am I right or wrong for voicing this opinion . 

Couldn't possibly agree more!!  Well said sir.

And why has there been no 'formal' announcement from WGT???????

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2018 9:01 AM

Why not just give Joe (or any other ineligble winner of the VUSO), credits equivalent to the value of the trip?  He can enter and win a Ready-Go, or a weekly tournament...and he receives the credits for that...so what's the difference?  It can't be the entry fee that makes the difference, 'cause the weekly doesn't have one. 

That only leaves the prize as the determining factor.  One is virtual, and one isn't.  Simple solution would be to offer a virtual prize (credits) for any winner of the VUSO who isn't eligible for the trip.  Which would actually save WGT money, since they now don't have to pay whatever it costs to furnish the trip to the winner.

Or is there some legal mumbo-jumbo that prevents that?

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2018 9:19 AM

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2018 10:01 AM

They also posted it on their Facebook page .  

Tour Champion -  Yes they should open that tier .

Congratulations Joe ..

• Cameron122010
    23 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2018 10:25 AM

So they're giving a guy who can average 52 the best putter in the game ?? Well hopefully he'll be able to improve with it. 

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2018 10:45 AM

TopShelf2010:

Announcement of what?

They posted the winner announcement on the News Page

ooohh    Thanks Don, never look @ the News Page and don't 'do' FB

RSS