Forums

Help › Forums

Wolf Creek

Mon, Jan 7 2019 12:13 PM (84 replies)
  • mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 12:41 PM

WGT nailed this one.  Wolf Creek is a joy to play.  Looks amazing. Great job to all those involved for getting Wolf Creek up and running.  Such different landing spots from various tees.  Should be fun for all for a long time.

Big Fan of Wolf Creek !

Thanks,

Michael

• Naugahyde
    92 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 2:05 PM

My goodness! A pleasant surprise. I like it a lot. The Oakmont loss was a kick in the nuts. But this is a pretty good track.

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 4:52 PM
    fobby1980:

Got to play Wolf Creek for the first time today. Shot a disappointing 64 but this will change with more familiarity of the course. Initial impression is it’s a very fun to play and challenging course. My question to all advanced players out there: How the heck are you supposed to hold the greens on the insane #3 par-3? From the tips it’s 221 yards with a massive 67 feet of elevation. It’s borderline ridiculous. 

it actually only plays around 8 yds longer.......but there is a backstop to the back right of the pin that does bring the ball back very well to the pin...
  • jasrjones1
    482 Posts
    Fri, Dec 28 2018 2:12 PM

MGB01:
    fobby1980:

Got to play Wolf Creek for the first time today. Shot a disappointing 64 but this will change with more familiarity of the course. Initial impression is it’s a very fun to play and challenging course. My question to all advanced players out there: How the heck are you supposed to hold the greens on the insane #3 par-3? From the tips it’s 221 yards with a massive 67 feet of elevation. It’s borderline ridiculous. 

it actually only plays around 8 yds longer.......but there is a backstop to the back right of the pin that does bring the ball back very well to the pin...

Sometimes you just get lucky.

Wolf Creek #3

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sat, Dec 29 2018 10:20 AM

jasrjones1:

MGB01:
    fobby1980:

Wolf Creek #3

At least for me unless there is a heavy headwind I find I get closer by dropping down to a 3 iron and hitting neutral spin. (Edit) since I posted that straight head winds are all that I have had. 

Very Nice Hole-In-One by the way,

• Ladychipper
    22,689 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2019 7:53 AM

jasrjones1:

MGB01:
    fobby1980:

Wolf Creek #3

Care to share what you did there?

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2019 9:59 PM
    It's ok..but not Chokemont lol...gotta find that backdoor in again lol....
  • whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2019 1:36 AM

Hi

fobby1980:

Got to play Wolf Creek for the first time today. Shot a disappointing 64 but this will change with more familiarity of the course. 

Yep, it will. First time out I too shot a 64 and was reasonably happy. 

Soon backed off on a couple of holes, played "safe" and now I'm happy with any - score.

Cheers!

Rich

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2019 6:18 AM

So..............

now that WC’s shine is off, someone will have to ask the question, and I will be the person: what’s WGT planning for 2019? Too soon? 🙄🙄

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2019 8:10 PM

fobby1980:

So..............

now that WC’s shine is off, someone will have to ask the question, and I will be the person: what’s WGT planning for 2019? Too soon? 🙄🙄

They are probably planning on making a lot of money.  Of course you knew that!

Otherwise, probably about 2-3 years too soon,,,,,,,,,groan....

RSS