Forums

Help › Forums

*Update* Virtual U.S. Amateur

Mon, Sep 3 2018 12:16 PM (91 replies)
  • Naturali
    684 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2018 9:01 AM

WaLk0fLiFe:

I like how they did the bracket draw alphabetically LOL. Never seen that before. I was assuming #1 plays 32, #2 plays 31 etc...Interesting way of doing it :P

Yeah. Looks like they went down the list of 32 qualifiers by leaderboard standing and alternated them 1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2.... etc.

Then placed them in each bracket alphabetically.

If they would have seeded the tournament normally, it looks like I would have drawn Fmagnets.

Either way... with the delayed start of this thing, it's likely I won't be able to finish it if I'm fortunate enough to advance much further.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2018 11:00 AM

WaLk0fLiFe:

I like how they did the bracket draw alphabetically LOL. Never seen that before. I was assuming #1 plays 32, #2 plays 31 etc...Interesting way of doing it :P

Lol, they put all the odd number qualifiers (1st, 3rd etc) in one bracket even in the other and then sorted alphabetically as you say.

• flexbomb
    380 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2018 6:12 PM

Naturali:

WaLk0fLiFe:

Yeah. Looks like they went down the list of 32 qualifiers by leaderboard standing and alternated them 1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2.... etc.

If they would have seeded the tournament normally, it looks like I would have drawn Fmagnets.

Either way... with the delayed start of this thing, it's likely I won't be able to finish it if I'm fortunate enough to advance much further.

Sorry to hear that. It's so WGT to change the game a month after the game has started.

• Naturali
    684 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2018 6:29 PM

flexbomb:

Naturali:

WaLk0fLiFe:

Sorry to hear that. It's so WGT to change the game a month after the game has started.

Simonthebeetle beat me out fair and square anyway. So no "what-ifs" from me, LOL. Great round, buddy! Good luck the rest of the way.

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2018 3:53 AM
    Looks like we have our first finalist to go through to Atlanta.Congrats Simonthebeetle.
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2018 12:12 PM

Congrat's Simon, hope Mags beats you though :-))

It should be a great event whatever happens, very well done both of you. 

Great playing Peter, it would be nice if more of the world were able to win, a semi with two players not eligible to win wasn't great nor was a final where the prizewinner was already decided.

• ujjbnjk
    2,127 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2018 2:38 PM

Simonthebeetle won't stand a chance against mags... He is use too 40000% forgiveness playing mobile platform:) 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2018 3:12 PM

I didn't realise you could play this tournament on mobile.  Anyway it'll be good to see the best pc player v the best mobile player.

• justacowboy
    1,338 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2018 4:28 PM

ujjbnjk:

Simonthebeetle won't stand a chance against mags... He is use too 40000% forgiveness playing mobile platform:) 

this tournament will never happen  !!!!!    its a joke in the works

• Agassi1991
    777 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2018 4:41 PM

Thanks for the kind words :)

Sadly Denmark wasn't an eligible Country for this tourny, so it ends here.

But a very very fine journy for me and a little proud of myself and that is in the end what really counts :) :)

Peter

RSS