Forums

Help › Forums

*Update* Virtual U.S. Amateur

Mon, Sep 3 2018 12:16 PM (91 replies)
  • jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2018 3:09 PM

WGTChampion:

Credit payout for advancing to the bracket stage goes to the top 32 regardless of location. 

_CHAMPION 

That doesn't make any sense at all. 

Paying and allowing ineligible players in the brackets is just a way to hook as many players as possible into the grinding out and restarting of rounds ($$). I'll also say that I don't disagree with paying them, as much as putting them into the brackets. 

By paying the 32, are you allowing the same 32 to play in the brackets, regardless of eligibility? if so, eligible players are being robbed of a chance.

I see another Orlando fiasco coming soon.

Should've worked it out so that the top 32 (eligible and ineligible players) AND any replacements (for ineligible players) would get paid the credits. Replace ALL ineligible players, and give the qualifier and replacement player(s) whatever credits were stated.

I understand the need to make money, but you're talking what might become some very good live exposure for this game. Surely that publicity is worth making this Amateur thing legitimate. 

• TarheelsRule
    5,472 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2018 3:17 PM

My opinion for what it is worth.

WGT makes it pretty clear which are eligible countries to win the prizes in the major tournaments.   If you enter, knowing this you have no reason to complain and frankly I don't see the non eligible winners complaining, it's others.   It's no different than walking up to a slot machine in Vegas when you are 18 years old, putting in 3 quarters, pulling the handle and hitting a $100,000 jackpot, you ain't going to get paid nor should you.

The US has quirky gambling laws and rules and you can magnify it by all the international laws and rules.  I'm sure that it is much easier for WGT to just fall back on the not eligible story than it is to award a prize and have their site shut down in the country that they awarded the prize in.

If the ineligible players want to play, let them, just skip over them when it comes to the payouts and go down to the next player.   You can still crown them championship just can't give them the prize money or prize itself.

• rowlets
    228 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2018 2:47 AM

WGTicon,

Any idea when the bracket portion of the Virtual US Amateur will be available to play?  I definitely could be wrong, but I thought it was going live at 12:00 AM PT on 8/28.  It is now 2:45 AM PT on 8/28, and I cannot find it.  I am one of the 32 qualifiers, so I would think I should be able to see it under stroke play tournaments by now.  I have checked every type of tournament as well, and cannot find it.

Thank you for your help!

Rowlets

• flexbomb
    380 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2018 2:56 AM

rowlets:

WGTicon,

Any idea when the bracket portion of the Virtual US Amateur will be available to play?  I definitely could be wrong, but I thought it was going live at 12:00 AM PT on 8/28.  It is now 2:45 AM PT on 8/28, and I cannot find it.  I am one of the 32 qualifiers, so I would think I should be able to see it under stroke play tournaments by now.  I have checked every type of tournament as well, and cannot find it.

Thank you for your help!

Rowlets

I believe you are correct, they've screwed this up.  I also qualified and cannot find it to play it.  They must have rescheduled it in secret.  I'm sure they meant to keep their customers informed but it must have just barely slipped thier mind.

Now off to work etc., guess I'll try again tomorrow.

• rowlets
    228 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2018 3:09 AM

It looks like the latest version of the WGT News was just released, and it says bracket play kicks off on 8/29.  What happened to it being 8/28 as specified in the rules?  I understand things happen, but I have an overnight business trip, so I woke up 2 hours early to get this round in.  This is pretty frustrating.

• flexbomb
    380 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2018 3:46 AM

rowlets:

It looks like the latest version of the WGT News was just released, and it says bracket play kicks off on 8/29.  What happened to it being 8/28 as specified in the rules?  I understand things happen, but I have an overnight business trip, so I woke up 2 hours early to get this round in.  This is pretty frustrating.

Agreed

• flexbomb
    380 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2018 12:38 PM

Yiannis1970:

flexbomb:

Yiannis1970:

The only thing i pray or ask is that every match of the final 32 being recorded and uploaded it.

Can i keep dreaming now?

I'm in.

-30 and counting...

I'll stream tonight, 9 PM EST 

https://www.twitch.tv/flexbomb_wgt

• WaLk0fLiFe
    285 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2018 2:43 AM

I like how they did the bracket draw alphabetically LOL. Never seen that before. I was assuming #1 plays 32, #2 plays 31 etc...Interesting way of doing it :P

• numptyhunter
    29 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2018 3:52 AM

WaLk0fLiFe:

I like how they did the bracket draw alphabetically LOL. Never seen that before. I was assuming #1 plays 32, #2 plays 31 etc...Interesting way of doing it :P

SO i had a look and your right!!!  

Bboyce plays Bollox ---- Both plays Doti -----Ezzy plays Fmags ------ Jedi  Plays Jmoney

Jomav plays Legaci---- Mark plays Myth----- Walk plays Woodo --Yannis plays Young

Anyone else seeing this ?

Not really the  conventional way of doing a draw , but you know what they say about  paying peanuts :P

• GoodyChamp
    595 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2018 8:02 AM

WaLk0fLiFe:

Agree totally. Shame that most of the ´big names´ are in bracket 1: you, Bollox, fmagnets and Joe. Missed chance by WGT and shame that you´re out with a 53 score. Hopefully better luck and draw next year!

Cheers GC

RSS