7,678 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2018 9:36 PM

alosso:
    Results may vary, Robert.

Thanks! 

• AlaskanDame
    19,005 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2018 10:43 PM

I am on a PC, too, and there was a time, several years ago, when I (as owner) could edit or delete other members' posts. I could pin posts, too, to keep them at the top of our Forum (for signing up for special tourneys, for posting that month's replays, and for other things that needed visibility without having to "bump" with a "reply").  Those powers no longer exist for me or any other owner of the FAPC.  I lost the powers after a "vacation" owner transfer --- the  powers didn't transfer to the new guy and didn't come back to me when re-transferred after vacation --- but CS helps out when asked.  This help is not as useful for squelching a forum thread that flames overly political or overly personal, because there is a time lag of a day or two, but fortunately this sort of thing is rare in my club.

• MKALER
    1,288 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2018 11:35 PM

I play on mobile and, as I said, as an owner I can edit or delete any posts. However, I can't pin posts though. 

As I said in an earlier comment, I was just curiouser that if directors had the ability to edit/delete posts, I could share the workload. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2018 8:32 AM

MKALER:

I play on mobile and, as I said, as an owner I can edit or delete any posts. However, I can't pin posts though. 

As I said in an earlier comment, I was just curiouser that if directors had the ability to edit/delete posts, I could share the workload. 

Directors can edit or delete their own  posts. You can post and sticky it, up to forever.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2018 9:43 AM

Look in your club tools and see if the directors are ticked off on Update club messages. I always thought that was for the message board on the homepage. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2018 2:06 PM

Robert1893:

OK. I'm confused. One owner says owners can edit/delete other member's posts. Another owner says they can't. 

Which is it? 

I can delete anyone in my clubs post's. I have to, to clean up the forum.

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2018 2:22 PM

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Jul 19 2018 4:43 PM

Agreed, I would not think of editing someones post. I would just make another post correcting them.

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2018 2:47 AM

TopShelf2010:
    I believe the confusion is within the "editing" not "deleting."  While it's understandable to be able to delete posts from time to time, if someone other than the author of a post can edit said post.... that would be very bad. A whole can of worms would be opened.
    True, but as an owner, you may fiddle with that lid.

Repeating myself:

As a CC owner, I have options to delete AND to edit any post in the CC forum.

I have done so once (rather editing than deleting) when stepping between some nasty verbal internal combat. I would demand silence first and delete-edit (and mark as deleted) part of a post of a guy who didn't follow suit.

I did it reluctantly, and, IIRC, it cost me a member or two.

The alternative would have been to silence the offender by throwing him out.

What to prefer?

• jacktrade51
    10,923 Posts
    Sun, Jul 22 2018 7:23 PM

Alosso,

if you or AlaskaDame can tell me how to delete an offensive post by a club member in club forum, I am all ears.  That's a tool owners should have (although Alaska was saying not working for her anymore).  So, maybe, before I was club owner (roughly 2 years ago) you had it; not now.

On side issue … should we be able to edit another's post: my answer is still no.  Delete it (or the member) if it's offensive, but we should not be able to re-write their words.

Tom.

PS: responding to some above, this has nothing to do with what I post.  I can edit/delete that ad nauseum.

RSS