Help › Forums

Editing Posts In Club Forum

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 6 2018 9:49 PM (22 replies)
  • MKALER
    1,288 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2018 6:56 AM

Hi,

Could someone please tell me if there is a setting that can be changed so that any member/director can edit somone else's club forum post or is it only the owner who can  edit someone else's post?

Thanks

Mark

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2018 9:57 AM

I think its only the owner who can edit or delete posts 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2018 10:45 AM

And, as an aside, members at any level (other than the owner) should not have the authority to edit other members' posts. 

That's a recipe for disaster. 

• MKALER
    1,288 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2018 12:20 PM

I thought that only owners may have the option to edit anyone's posts but just wanted to check in case I was missing something. 

Thanks for replying guys. 

• jacktrade51
    10,903 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2018 8:25 PM

Only the original author can edit their own posts.  That is how it should be.

As an owner, I believe only way I can get rid of a post is to contact WGT and ask them to do it for me.

If it's an offensive enough post, kick the person from the club, but only the owner can do that.  Eventually, the post will fall far enough down pages on the board and be irrelevant, or contact WGT and ask them to do it sooner.

• MKALER
    1,288 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2018 1:43 AM

I am the owner of our club and I can edit or delete any posts but I wondered if there was a way that a director could edit anyone else's posts just to share the workload of keeping posts up to date. 

Thanks again for all your help. 

• jacktrade51
    10,903 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2018 8:24 PM

READ ABOVE.

You cannot edit another person's post and you cannot (as far as I know) delete without going through WGT.

That was question.  Your own posts are irrelevant to this.

• AlaskanDame
    18,969 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2018 8:47 PM

MKALER:

I am the owner of our club and I can edit or delete any posts but I wondered if there was a way that a director could edit anyone else's posts just to share the workload of keeping posts up to date. 

Thanks again for all your help. 

I'm glad you can edit or delete posts.  It is SUPPOSED to be an owner's prerogative, but a glitch at wgt has relegated most owners to using the Customer Service option, with varying degrees of success.  Same with "pinning" posts.  Supposed to be owner tool, but I have to ask CS.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2018 8:51 PM

OK. I'm confused. One owner says owners can edit/delete other member's posts. Another owner says they can't. 

Which is it? 

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2018 9:02 PM

Results may vary, Robert.

jacktrade51:
    You cannot edit another person's post and you cannot (as far as I know) delete without going through WGT.

That was question.  Your own posts are irrelevant to this.

Just because you repeated your claim:

This may be your experience, but I support the opposite with AlaskanDane:
    I, as a CC owner, (on PC) in fact have options in the forum to edit or delete members' posts. Your statement may be relevant to describe another software flaw.

RSS