Forums

Help › Forums

No more mobile ads?

Wed, Jul 11 2018 1:56 PM (30 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2018 8:59 AM

@TheMedicineMan

Maybe the issue is with the apparel or sponsorship stuff. With the ads, I've only had occasional issues that clear up right away. I've been able to earn free credits by watching videos every day, going back for over a year.

And as far as playing the game, I've had zero issues with the game: no freezes, no crashes, no issues. The game plays fine for me.

But I don't play any coin games or use any of the apparel at all. I simply play the game. But the reality is that the glitches are not affecting all Apple devices equally. 

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2018 9:00 AM

borntobesting:
    I watched 24  for 48 credits  on my IPhone 8!plus this morning before breakfast. It froze a couple of times but that was the only problem. Sometimes if you aren’t getting ads just close the app and open it again and  you start getting ads again.

Similar experience here as well. I didn't keep count of how many I earned, but it was more than just half a dozen. And last night I didn't have any issues at all with either my iPad Pro or my iPhone. 

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2018 9:50 AM

Both my IPad Pro and iPhone 6 aren’t yielding ads right now, since update.

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2018 11:43 AM

SlickHunter:

Maybe you need to check your Iphone and Ipad for an adblocker., That night cause you not to see the videos, After they are ads, 

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2018 12:30 PM

borntobesting:

SlickHunter:

Maybe you need to check your Iphone and Ipad for an adblocker., That night cause you not to see the videos, After they are ads, 

Don’t think I have ad blocker installed, unless there is factory installed one.

• TheMedicineMan
    18 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2018 2:12 PM

Robert1893:

@TheMedicineMan

Maybe the issue is with the apparel or sponsorship stuff. With the ads, I've only had occasional issues that clear up right away. I've been able to earn free credits by watching videos every day, going back for over a year.

And as far as playing the game, I've had zero issues with the game: no freezes, no crashes, no issues. The game plays fine for me.

But I don't play any coin games or use any of the apparel at all. I simply play the game. But the reality is that the glitches are not affecting all Apple devices equally. 

Since the second the update was installed...all day for 3 weeks...2 IOS devices behaving the exact same.  It's no longer a theory but a proven fact.  Sorry you have been the lucky one but most of us have been screwed for an unreasonable amount of time already and just want it fixed so we can play the game again.

• jabonic
    854 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2018 3:12 PM

I have Iphone 6s and Ipad pro and since the new pro shop update, my ads have gone from an avg of 3000 on weekends to about 30 a day if lucky.

I have reinstalled and tried everything I used to do, like shutting down, going to pro shop and I get the 3 ads, the message sorry no ads are available.  Oh well, they will get it fixed and glad I am not the only one having problems.

Just glad I got a good stash accumulated.

Jabs

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2018 3:26 PM

jabonic:

I have Iphone 6s and Ipad pro and since the new pro shop update, my ads have gone from an avg of 3000 on weekends to about 30 a day if lucky.

I have reinstalled and tried everything I used to do, like shutting down, going to pro shop and I get the 3 ads, the message sorry no ads are available.  Oh well, they will get it fixed and glad I am not the only one having problems.

Just glad I got a good stash accumulated.

Jabs

Yeah no matter what I do, I get maybe one or two..too much work for few credits..hopefully apple does update soon.

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2018 5:54 PM

TheMedicineMan:
    It's no longer a theory but a proven fact. 

OK. I have no idea what that means. But OK.

No one, me included, has ever denied the issues you're having. I simply pointed out that it's not affecting everyone. In fact, you (and I) have no idea how many users are affected by the glitch. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,277 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2018 7:42 PM

Robert1893:
    that it's not affecting everyone.

All I know is that I picked up several hundred credits yesterday on my iPad and iPhone 5s.  I have more trouble with the phone hanging up sometimes (pun intended!), but usually restarting the app clears it up.

Based on the mixed results we are seeing, it must be some combination of iOS versions, installed apps, and possibly something related to adblockers (BTW I am pretty sure Apple never installed any ad blockers!).  

I am not sure it is possible to need an update to the WGT app, because I have to install the updated mobile version every time they change it.  Of course, if you had some block on automatic updates for the WGT app, that might be a problem worth checking.

RSS