Forums

Help › Forums

Daily Motivation

Fri, Apr 26 2024 11:27 AM (1,962 replies)
  • SleemanMan
    1,125 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2018 9:14 AM

Only because i came posting here - which i never do! - that i see this nice thread of yours. I remember reading some of these quotes while in TPC and many of them, if not most of them, were uplifting - for me anyway.

I don't have time to read them as i once did but it's nice to know that they are here if i ever have time + need the inspiration. I read the very 1st quote you posted on here and that got me to rethink somethin' i was about to do!

I believe that we all already know most of them but unfortunately, we so easily tend to forget what we really should not. Thx for posting these quotes Marion and pls, carry on as it is a good thing.

Slee

• Ladychipper
    22,692 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2018 11:04 AM

Hi Slee,

Yes, I decided to share the daily motivation with all of WGT land because I am hoping that it can be of some help to everyone here. 

So happy you stopped by and that the first post has helpful to you.  I will continue on as long as I can do so. 

Hope you are doing well and that you receive....

Many Blessings,

Marion XO

• Ladychipper
    22,692 Posts
    Wed, Sep 5 2018 5:56 AM

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Do it well

You’re putting in the time and doing the work. Challenge yourself to make it your best.

Don’t search for distractions. Stop daydreaming, stop wishing you were somewhere else.

You are here now, doing this task. Focus on it, put all you have into it, and you’ll create something much better than a fleeting daydream.

What you have now is the opportunity to do something useful, to make a difference. See the value in it, and stay with the effort.

Richness and fulfillment come not from being given the ideal job, but from always giving your best to the job you’re doing. See opportunity not in the task itself, but in what you can make of the task.

Eventually you’ll move on to something else. Yet while you’re doing this, do it well, for there’s much right now to be gained from your diligence.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,692 Posts
    Thu, Sep 6 2018 8:01 AM

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Think you know

You think you know the best way. Yet there could very well be an even better way.

You think you know what someone else thinks, believes, feels. But of course you don’t really.

Don’t let what you think you know get in the way of what you can learn and discover. Don’t let what you think you know blind you to the reality of the world.

Cherish everything you know, for you have spent a lifetime acquiring that knowledge. At the same time, consider your knowledge to be a starting point, not the last word.

Respect that knowledge enough that you’re always willing to add to it. Be eager to correct what you think you know when you find it to be in error.

Keep your knowledge fresh and useful by not becoming smug or complacent about it. A little humility and open-mindedness will make what you know a whole lot more valuable.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,692 Posts
    Fri, Sep 7 2018 8:21 AM

Friday, September 7, 2018

Now is when you can

Make good use of what you have while you have it. That means now.

Life changes from moment to moment. The opportunities of today won’t stick around forever, so stop waiting and start doing.

When you have a good idea, act on it. When you have some free time available, make wise use of it.

Fill your life with decisive action, and leave no room for regret. Seek out creative, productive, meaningful activities and experiences.

Be so thankful for all you have that you’re eager to put it to good use. Be so mindful of your good fortune that you continually work to expand upon it.

Live what is possible while it is possible. Now is when you can.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,692 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2018 8:20 AM

Saturday, September 8, 2018

Mental discipline

Physical discipline can be difficult. Mental discipline is even more difficult.

Your thoughts are powerful, which is great. And keeping your thoughts focused on what you’re doing demands constant commitment.

Your thoughts will wander if you let them, and there are often times when it’s good to let them. Yet you draw great benefit from being able to keep your thoughts focused in one place for a while.

You are already in control of your thoughts. You just have to set the intention to exercise that control, and continually follow through on that intention.

If you catch your mind wandering off topic, gently nudge it back where you have chosen to keep it. Remind yourself how much you can accomplish when you choose to maintain your mental focus.

Your mind is powerful, yet it can only do so much at once. Make a habit of focusing on a single task for extended periods, and gain maximum benefit from all that power.

— Ralph Marston

• KCoop00
    82 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2018 6:36 PM

Thank you Ladychipper for all the Quotes. It lets me know you think outside the Box..

"If you take care of the SMALL THINGS the big things take care OF THEMSELVES

• KCoop00
    82 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2018 6:48 PM

' If you take care of the SMALL THING the big things take care OF THEMSELVES '

• Ladychipper
    22,692 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 7:38 AM

KCoop00:

' If you take care of the SMALL THING the big things take care OF THEMSELVES '

Thank you KCoop!  Glad you are enjoying!  :-)

• Ladychipper
    22,692 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2018 11:24 AM

Monday, September 10, 2018

Love this one!  Joy, Joy, be full of JOY!  Love, M

Make joy your perspective

Joy is not the result of any particular possession, experience, or situation. Joy arises out of the way you choose to see the situation and to live the experience.

Joy is available all the time, in every moment. What you must do is see it, live it, give it, be it.

Don’t strive to arrange the details in a specific fashion in the hope that they will cause joy. Be yourself the cause of joy, and allow the details of experience to flow from that joy.

There is joy in the moment when you give joy to the moment. The time, the place, the experience and those who share it are special when you see, with joy, how special they are.

Let go of judgments and assumptions. See if you can allow joy to be your perspective.

Here is where you can make new joy. Now is when.

— Ralph Marston

RSS