Yardage and backspin?

Sun, May 20 2018 11:35 AM (21 replies)
  • lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 4:17 PM

SlickHunter:

lonniescott711:

SlickHunter:
    I’ve tested the numbers repeatedly, can’t zero in on it. I’ve used higher end balls, titliest, and the TM, no success. I’m actually switching to cheaper balls

How did you get to Legend tier and not know how to map your clubs ? Thats the first thing that you do when you get your clubs , is learn them .At the same time how do you not know that you have to use the same exact ball club combo if you are playing using others maps .

So go pick out a ball you like and then go map your clubs . Stop relying on others to do all of the work for you and do it yourself . That way you will map your clubs according to how you play and not some one else..

Take it easy buddy..don’t reply if it’s annoy you..maybe I’ve exhausted my resources, and come here titled “Community Help” maybe you don’t understand what that means.

I have mapped everything that I could possibly have..and yeah, that’s how I got the title.

Evidently you didnt and thats why you`re here asking others to do the work for you . As Robert states if you simply play your clubs then you will learn them . Just because you dont like my answers doesnt make them wrong . I`am helping here in the community and if that bothers you then dont ask questions .

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 4:17 PM

Call me Lazy..these are just a few of my mapping’s, front and back.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 4:21 PM

lonniescott711:

SlickHunter:

lonniescott711:

SlickHunter:
    I’ve tested the numbers repeatedly, can’t zero in on it. I’ve used higher end balls, titliest, and the TM, no success. I’m actually switching to cheaper balls

How did you get to Legend tier and not know how to map your clubs ? Thats the first thing that you do when you get your clubs , is learn them .At the same time how do you not know that you have to use the same exact ball club combo if you are playing using others maps .

So go pick out a ball you like and then go map your clubs . Stop relying on others to do all of the work for you and do it yourself . That way you will map your clubs according to how you play and not some one else..

Take it easy buddy..don’t reply if it’s annoy you..maybe I’ve exhausted my resources, and come here titled “Community Help” maybe you don’t understand what that means.

I have mapped everything that I could possibly have..and yeah, that’s how I got the title.

Evidently you didnt and thats why you`re here asking others to do the work for you . As Robert states if you simply play your clubs then you will learn them . Just because you dont like my answers doesnt make them wrong . I`am helping here in the community and if that bothers you then dont ask questions .

No harm done

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 5:22 PM

@SlickHunter 

Wow!

Except for putting (and punch shots less than 50 yards), I"m still pretty much a feel player. 

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 7:17 PM

@ SlickHunter

Thats just too much . You`re making the game harder than it should be . Not to mention how much all of that is as a distraction . I dont even see how you can focus on the game with all of that . Keep it simple , take the ball and put in the hole with the fewest amount of strokes . If you take the time to go practice and learn your clubs you wont need all of those notes .

From tee to green I play every shot by feel and from memory . Just knowing what my clubs can do is all I need . Knowing your clubs with good shot selection and course management is all that you need . Just practice and in time it all comes together .

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 7:36 PM

lonniescott711:
    From tee to green I play every shot by feel and from memory . Just knowing what my clubs can do is all I need . Knowing your clubs with good shot selection and course management is all that you need . Just practice and in time it all comes together .

+1

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 2:55 AM

At first it was distraction, but after a while no need to look at those notes. I’m sure most players do it the way I do, or take mental notes. Guessing is not what I want, when I only have few seconds to execute. 

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 3:39 AM

All of this talk of mapping, note taking, and using other people's prior work can begin to make a friendly internet game into some kind of war zone rather than the distraction that it is. Just remember that there is enough variation built into the game so that no shot, even under exactly the same conditions, will be repeated exactly. 

What can be counted on is the geography of the courses and the greens. Balls landing in the same locations, especially greens, roll in the same directions each time. Spin, loft and weight are the variables that determine where the ball comes to rest, but the ball moves consistently where geography says it should.

The art of play is to find the right places to land a ball so that the artist can get the ball in the hole with the least number of strokes. Each artist paints the final picture in a different way. Degas is different from Van Gogh yet both are impressionists. 

Go, have fun, and paint the way that makes sense to you. Take notes, make charts, and write formulas if that helps. It is your picture to create and won't it be the same as mine.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 5:37 AM

HackWilson1930:

All of this talk of mapping, note taking, and using other people's prior work can begin to make a friendly internet game into some kind of war zone rather than the distraction that it is. Just remember that there is enough variation built into the game so that no shot, even under exactly the same conditions, will be repeated exactly. 

What can be counted on is the geography of the courses and the greens. Balls landing in the same locations, especially greens, roll in the same directions each time. Spin, loft and weight are the variables that determine where the ball comes to rest, but the ball moves consistently where geography says it should.

The art of play is to find the right places to land a ball so that the artist can get the ball in the hole with the least number of strokes. Each artist paints the final picture in a different way. Degas is different from Van Gogh yet both are impressionists. 

Go, have fun, and paint the way that makes sense to you. Take notes, make charts, and write formulas if that helps. It is your picture to create and won't it be the same as mine.

There’s no right or wrong in how you approach things, it’s how you make them work for you. Like you said, everyone’s different. I’m very thorough in most things I do, but the most important things is, I enjoy it.

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 5:55 AM

HackWilson1930:

he art of play is to find the right places to land a ball so that the artist can get the ball in the hole with the least number of strokes. Each artist paints the final picture in a different way. Degas is different from Van Gogh yet both are impressionists. 

The problem is that my painting tends to look more like a Picasso than it does a Monet. ;-) 

RSS