Forums

Help › Forums

Yardage and backspin?

Sun, May 20 2018 11:35 AM (21 replies)
  • SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 7:29 AM

Hi guys, I trying to find a chart on how much yardage I need to add on my irons, when doing full Back spin. My CC has the numbers, but they’re not adding up correctly on my testing. Anyone has the numbers? thanks

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 9:04 AM

The numbers will only be valid if you're using the same clubs and the same ball. The higher end clubs and balls tend to react more to spin. Any numbers you see posted should be taken as guidelines only, and rough ones at that.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 11:54 AM

K7JBQ:

The numbers will only be valid if you're using the same clubs and the same ball. The higher end clubs and balls tend to react more to spin. Any numbers you see posted should be taken as guidelines only, and rough ones at that.

I’ve tested the numbers repeatedly, can’t zero in on it. I’ve used higher end balls, titliest, and the TM, no success. I’m actually switching to cheaper balls.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 12:30 PM

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 12:45 PM

SlickHunter:
    I’ve tested the numbers repeatedly, can’t zero in on it.

Then your testing's flawed. You should be able to figure it out with less than a sleeve of balls and a few minutes at BPB, back 9. Use practice mode to get the mulligans and hit each iron, counting only the dings. You're never going to get exact same numbers on dings but you'll sure be able to get yourself really close to a valid number. You'll also get to see what missing the ding does.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 2:28 PM

YankeeJim:

SlickHunter:

Then your testing's flawed. You should be able to figure it out with less than a sleeve of balls and a few minutes at BPB, back 9. Use practice mode to get the mulligans and hit each iron, counting only the dings. You're never going to get exact same numbers on dings but you'll sure be able to get yourself really close to a valid number. You'll also get to see what missing the ding does.

I went back to my yellow Callaways. I’m close to L97 for the Callaway Irons, then I’ll retest the premium balls with them.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 2:28 PM

YankeeJim:

SlickHunter:

I went back to my yellow Callaways. I’m close to L97 for the Callaway Irons, then I’ll retest the premium balls with them.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 2:32 PM

SlickHunter:
    I’ve tested the numbers repeatedly, can’t zero in on it. I’ve used higher end balls, titliest, and the TM, no success. I’m actually switching to cheaper balls

How did you get to Legend tier and not know how to map your clubs ? Thats the first thing that you do when you get your clubs , is learn them .At the same time how do you not know that you have to use the same exact ball club combo if you are playing using others maps .

So go pick out a ball you like and then go map your clubs . Stop relying on others to do all of the work for you and do it yourself . That way you will map your clubs according to how you play and not some one else..

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 2:53 PM

lonniescott711:
    How did you get to Legend tier and not know how to map your clubs ? Thats the first thing that you do when you get your clubs , is learn them .At the same time how do you not know that you have to use the same exact ball club combo if you are playing using others maps .

So go pick out a ball you like and then go map your clubs . Stop relying on others to do all of the work for you and do it yourself . That way you will map your clubs according to how you play and not some one else. 

While I agree that he should generally not rely on others for that information, I've never mapped any clubs I've purchased. I always figured that I'd simply learn them as I play them. 

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 3:59 PM

lonniescott711:

SlickHunter:
    I’ve tested the numbers repeatedly, can’t zero in on it. I’ve used higher end balls, titliest, and the TM, no success. I’m actually switching to cheaper balls

So go pick out a ball you like and then go map your clubs . Stop relying on others to do all of the work for you and do it yourself . That way you will map your clubs according to how you play and not some one else..

Take it easy buddy..don’t reply if it’s annoy you..maybe I’ve exhausted my resources, and come here titled “Community Help” maybe you don’t understand what that means.

I have mapped everything that I could possibly have..and yeah, that’s how I got the title.

RSS