Forums

Help › Forums

*** Release notes 4/26/18 ***

Mon, Jul 23 2018 6:33 PM (150 replies)
  • pmm711
    5,538 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 3:04 PM

DAZZA501:

If the Tour Champion tier opens up then i think it should be similar to getting a tour card on the pro tour and be limited to a certain amount of players.

Players should have to try to keep their tour card by what they do in the Virtual Tour or other types of Tour Champion only tournaments.

If they don't finish high enough then it's back to Champion tier they go. A bit like going back to Q school.

+1 (as in Hell Yeah!!!!)...but isn't that thought process too logical when the powers that be think "ball effects" are good for the game vs other more pressing needs.  Plus we have to hope they weed out the cheaters...and we know who most of them are out there.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 3:13 PM

The tour card idea is great!!!  I like it.

They could even charge a fee for it, but increase the purses of the Tour Champion tier to something > Champ by quite a bit.  Not crazy large, but enough to make people want to buy that tour card in order to play for the largest purses.  

Or, have a qualifying tourney -- which you pay for and if you qualify your reward is you get to play for tourney's with the highest purses available.  Do well, and you won't spend a dime (Like on the real tour), but struggle and it'll become a grind where you'll have to decide if it's worth the $$$ to get there.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 3:16 PM

Do you guys really think that the programmers would get any of what your suggesting right?  Come on,  it has yet to be seen if they got it right on the ball changes. Most of the other changes, came with a ton of problems, and you want them to write a program, to promote, and demote people? I'm thinking that if they do open a new tier, it will be the simplest, easiest, type program there is.  200 ranked rounds, and an avg of X

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 3:32 PM

I think they could manage a qualifying tourney where the top 200 + ties get their tour champ card and the right to play higher credit events.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 3:40 PM
    Just promoting players to tour champion because of their ranked rounds and average will give us in the same problem we have now. We'll have loads of tour champions complaining they can't compete. Just like we had a few years back when the champion tier was released. It serves them right for playing red tee tournaments only.
  • justacowboy
    1,338 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 3:41 PM

tour card is a great idea ........ but we all know   wgt hires programmer's that  have no idea what their doing ....... so asking WGT to try something new  is a total waste of time

• pmm711
    5,538 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 4:15 PM

DAZZA501:
    Just promoting players to tour champion because of their ranked rounds and average will give us in the same problem we have now. We'll have loads of tour champions complaining they can't compete. Just like we had a few years back when the champion tier was released. It serves them right for playing red tee tournaments only.

+1...but I'm thinking like they are...maybe the Top 200 scorers based on hitting the targets should be Tour Champions...yeah...that's a "GREAT IDEA". ;-/

• TopShelf2010
    10,882 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 4:15 PM

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 4:43 PM

Maybe the simplest way to get around this, is to set the tourneys by averages.  If you set your cc tourneys by tiers, why not set wgt tourneys by tier and a average base?   

• deputydog65
    482 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 7:10 PM

I'm even sorry I brought the idea of putting people in the TOUR CHAMPION tier and OMG you want to hang on a word ( true ) omg people there is no motive there is no anything. It's just time to see if who ever can maybe see if this is viable to do without starting WWIII for pete sake. Weather they got the averages from red tee's or white doesn't  matter it's all theirs now and how ever they got it they got it so it's done. Move on can't it just be asked to the WGT gods I'm sure there are other people here that know who mite want to see or not..  But I'm sorry I even said anything so no more from me I'm done. 

THANKS FOR THE NORMAL WGT RESPONSE

RSS