Forums

Help › Forums

*** Release notes 4/26/18 ***

Mon, Jul 23 2018 6:33 PM (150 replies)
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 6:55 AM

Manufactured or not I'm of the ilk that just doesn't care how someone obtained their average.  

If you ever find yourself playing against a red tee averager (Bracket, multi player, w/e) it really doesn't matter how they got there you still gotta beat them.  Their average doesn't help them shoot better, and they have as much right to play anything anyone else can.

I guess I don't understand why it actually bothers anyone at all. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 7:02 AM

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 7:05 AM

However, I do agree that it's time or close to the time where Tour Champ makes sense -- assuming there are enough Champions with the required credentials to be moved there.

i.e. you can't take just the top 10 or 20 players in the game and move them up -- there's got to be waaay more, but then where to you draw the line?

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 7:08 AM

Does anyone really know how they determined the other lines?  Just draw one and run with it! 

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 7:17 AM

kavvz:

I guess I don't understand why it actually bothers anyone at all. 

Unless those players are bragging about their average that is manufactured, I absolutely agree. 

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 7:18 AM

kavvz:

However, I do agree that it's time or close to the time where Tour Champ makes sense -- assuming there are enough Champions with the required credentials to be moved there.

+1 

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 7:18 AM

• deputydog65
    482 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 7:25 AM

The whole thing was not about me losing but the fact that it's the same group and I can't say how large a group it is or where should the line be drawn to move up. All can be answered and the rest of the different concerns people may have by us talking to come up with something that makes sense and fair as can be. Then we see what BIG BROTHER  LOL WGT  think's or we can sit back complain and  wait to see what they do. I have never been one to not say something I'm just throwin an idea out there and it turned into me losing I lose everyday so WGT tourney's are part of that .

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 8:01 AM

deputydog65:

The whole thing was not about me losing but the fact that it's the same group and I can't say how large a group it is or where should the line be drawn to move up. All can be answered and the rest of the different concerns people may have by us talking to come up with something that makes sense and fair as can be. Then we see what BIG BROTHER  LOL WGT  think's or we can sit back complain and  wait to see what they do. I have never been one to not say something I'm just throwin an idea out there and it turned into me losing I lose everyday so WGT tourney's are part of that .

OK. But what is a “true champion”?

• pmm711
    5,522 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 10:34 AM

Robert1893:

deputydog65:

OK. But what is a “true champion”?

A “true champion” is someone who plays this game without cheating.  Since WGT lets cheaters continue to play then it’s going to be tough to build any integrity into the Tour Champion tier (when they finally open it up).

And, if anyone really cares how another player achieved their tier status, with the exception of those who did so using cheats, they truly need to lie on a psychiatrist’s couch.  After all, this is merely a game and not the PGA Tour.  Players here need to realize red tees are allowed in the game and playing from them is not in any way considered cheating.  I only use the free rocks and could never have hit the Champion tier without red tees.  There’s no doubt in my mind that I could achieve Champion from the tips if I decided to purchase balls.  It’s not that hard to shoot a 29 (or less) on some F9s and B9s from the tips with the top equipment and balls.  People need to get over themselves.  

My brother, Andy, played this game and wanted to reach Champion but AML and chemo prevented that from happening.  Nobody knows why a player plays this “game”...yes, again remember it’s just a “game”.  Maybe someone is handicapped and can no longer tee it up in real life, but, the red tees bring them joy.  Well then more power to them.  Go ahead and whack away dreaming you’re Rory, Lefty, Jordan, etc.  Feel good and have fun is what I say to these players.  

To you Champs who earned it from the tips...more power to you.  You’ve “conquered” this game.  You’re still not a professional golfer.  You’re just a great player of a virtual game...nothing more.

I personally witnessed a kid I coached in basketball reach the PGA Tour, Ollie Schniederjans.  Ollie was a great basketball player and also a great baseball player in youth leagues here in Cobb County, Georgia.  When he told me he was quitting basketball and baseball to focus on golf I was shocked.  The kid, he was 12 at the time, could have easily achieved greatness in either of those sports.  But he was amused by the game of golf.  He told me, “I’m actually really good at it”.  Well Ollie’s golf skills led Harrison High School to several state championships and he went on to play golf at GA Tech.  There he achieved many honors and also became the World #1 Amateur, a status he held for ~18 months. Just an FYI...Ollie’s brothers also are great athletes at GA Tech; Ben pitches on the baseball team and Luke is on the golf team.  In my eyes Ollie is a “True Champion”...while all the “anal” gamer "champions" on here are just merely whiny azz wannabees.

RSS