Help › Forums

*** Release notes 4/26/18 ***

Mon, Jul 23 2018 6:33 PM (150 replies)
  • WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 12:39 AM

Hi everyone,

Here are the release notes :)

Introducing Titleist, for the first time ever on WGT! We've added new virtual Pro V1 and Pro V1x balls to the Pro Shop for you to upgrade your game, as well as new golf balls from TaylorMade – all available now.

NEW

Titleist Balls

One of the most-requested golf brands from players is now available in the WGT Pro Shop – with an option for any level player.

This classic name in golf is a top performer, improving your game overall with options to add more distance, control, spin and a slower WGT swing meter. Plus, if you're into vapor trails you have those options too, to help make all your shots easier to track.

These high-performance golf balls are available for top WGT players, but we've also included a Pro V1 Vapor option that's unlocked for all players immediately:

• Titleist Pro V1x Vapor Balls unlocks at [Level 0] (available now for all players!)
    • Titleist Pro V1 Balls unlocks at [Level 40+] and [Level 57+]
    • Titleist Pro V1 Vapor Balls unlocks at [Level 42+] and [Level 59+]
    • Titleist Pro V1x Balls unlocks at [Level 70+] and [Level 90+]
    • Titleist Pro V1x Vapor Balls unlocks at [Level 72+] [Level 92+]
    • Titleist Pro V1x Super Vapor Balls unlocks at [Level 73+] and [Level 93+]

New TaylorMade Balls

Virtual U.S. Open Qualifier – Starting May 1

Coming soon... Play the main event of the 2018 Virtual U.S. Open, the Qualifier tournament featuring 18 holes of unlimited stroke play on the new 10th anniversary course.

This special course was created to celebrate 10 years of the Virtual U.S. Open on WGT and features two holes from the previous nine U.S. Open Championship host courses.

Two players will each win a grand prize trip to the 2019 U.S. Open at Pebble Beach, one lucky sweepstakes winner (regardless of their score) and the top leaderboard score.

FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

• Set of the Week Scores - Fixed an issue that caused Set of the Week Clash events to count toward your averages
    • Reset Password - Fixed an issue where some players received an incorrect error message when trying to reset their password
    • Renting Callaway Fusion Driver - The Level 50+ Callaway Fusion Driver is now available to rent in the Pro Shop

-WGTicon

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 12:54 AM

So, as suspected, a replacement for Nike but apparently with a significant price jump.

The cheapest Titleist costs 675 credits but only has 0.5 more spin and less distance and a faster meter than the 400 credit Volvik ball.

Jeez WGT.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 1:07 AM

Only what I had been saying all along on our proboards. 

The credit earners will get these balls...map them then earn more credits v the folk who can't afford the new top balls. 

They will then win more credits...sell these credits and the cycle continues.

Even if rich man I would state that the playing field should not be widened.

Balls should not have so much difference in specs.

We play starter ball events in club. It's a free hoot and we all go out relatively the same (bar clubs).

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 1:07 AM

• WaLk0fLiFe
    285 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 1:08 AM

MainzMan:

So, as suspected, a replacement for Nike but apparently with a significant price jump.

The cheapest Titleist costs 675 credits but only has 0.5 more spin and less distance and a faster meter than the 400 credit Volvik ball.

Jeez WGT, I really like the game but sometimes I think you guys are taking the piss.

They have something for everyone..balls ranging from 10c to $10. That is how products work, to use the best/top of the line product  you pay more. It would be different if they didn't offer a reasonable ball at a lower price but they offer tons of options imo. Also if you look st the entertainment you get in terms of $ per hour it is actually quite reasonable compared to other hobbies, even if you use the most expensive stuff.

People often say it's a money grab and that wgt is all about making money. I sure hope they are because it is a business lol I reckon the site wouldn't be around long if they didn't try to make money. The site does not owe anybody anything. I am not saying wgt has no faults but ball price/selection is not one of them.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 1:22 AM

I might give the level 48 Taylor Made TP5X a try. only a little more expensive than the Level 39 Callaway that I use now with a little more distance and spin and a slower meter. 

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 1:25 AM

TaylorMade TP5 Vapor Balls (L97+) for 700 credits is a cool option..

enough distance, spin and meter. 

• Gepetto1958
    4,223 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 1:28 AM
    Is this the BIG thing?Big puncture in the pockets of your members
  • willemadriaan
    304 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 1:38 AM

The t /made  TP5X  play the same as  Nike level 48,. great ball,. sits like a old dog,. just played 9 hole with it,. very good,. enjoy,.

• 4zerome
    433 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 1:41 AM

Nice to see someone write what I believe.  Thank you for writing what you have. Very well written, in my opinion.

RSS