Forums

Help › Forums

It's time for the Legends Tier

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 4 2009 8:40 PM (26 replies)
  • rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 11:57 AM

Ginty I do not believe a score of 99 would be considered mastering this game.

Also playing in the sweeps Closest to the hole challenge is a pretty small aspect of this game. Look up tibbets and his scores in the closest to the hole challenges and you will see that if anybody has mastered this game, it is he.

I am glad you put forth your opinion though and hope you have fun playing the game.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 1:18 PM

GintyXXX:
    I played one round and have this mastered.
    Not only are you completely      you are also full of it.

Have a nice day.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 2:55 PM

I think we need to be careful in regard to club distances.  Otherwise we will be back where we started in no time.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 3:03 PM

I miss the good old days (of 4 months ago) where we crushed a drive, with our wooden shafted WGT driver, 240 yards!  Things were much purer then.  (Not that I still have my relic driver)

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 4:37 PM

Qualifying is the best way to go...you could even keep the current scoring average in place for all other tiers.

Qualifying could also be implemented quite soon and by January 2010 we could have a name for that group of true pros…WGT Pro (anything but legend)

That is where you want to be…better prizes, more tournaments (match play?) would all be available once you become a WGT Pro.

Another tier based on scoring average will achieve very little…and mean even less.

There are still quality players who could give a good viewpoint on the original topic of tiers...I hope they respond.

• thunderbird
    381 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 7:50 PM

To become a legend you should have so many top ten finish in master level tournaments.  Lets say 15 top ten finishes or won win in a weekly tournament would move you into the legends tier.  This an example but not definite.  This would ensure the cream would be in the legend's tier.  Additionally as the winners move up somebody new would have the opportunity to win in the master's tier.  Additionally it eliminates the sandbagger who is around for prizes.  We didn't something like this is a local golf league at it was amazing at how things worked out. 

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 8:40 PM

Winning could certainly give a player a "bye" for the 1st 2 stages of qualifying...The real Q school gives byes for reasons that are based on past accomplishments...but the players still have to compete in the final stage to qualify as a PGA Tour Player and pay an entry fee.

I'm not good enough right now to have won tournaments etc...since I recently became a Master and I'm constantly buying new clubs and adjusting my game to them...but I would be willing to pay an entry fee for the first stage of qualifying and see where my game stacks up to other players

RSS