Forums

Help › Forums

It's time for the Legends Tier

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 4 2009 8:40 PM (26 replies)
  • Futures
    79 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2009 5:49 PM

Ratings? Forget Ratings.  As long as anyone can leave a game and have ulimited tournaments, ratings at WGT mean absolutely nothingI mean, really, just get rid of the ratings.  Ratings only encourage quitting.  Just keep the tiers, get rid of ratings!!!!

Unlimited play is too fake. The leaderboards are unrealistic, too many people are tied with the same score.  The leaderboards are cool, but so unlike a PGA tournament leaderboard.  Personally, I like the leaderboards, but only when they pertain to single play. 

So, before each SINGLE PLAY tournament, could we please have SINGLE PLAY 9 or18 hole qualifying events?  Those who do not qualify for a single play tournament could then play in those unlimited tournaments, as a consolation event.   Those who do qualify could not play in unlimited tournaments, but would play in a four-day 72 hole event, or would have a week to complete 4 rounds and finish the SINGLE PLAY event.

Unlimited play is getting old.

And maybe winners---or top 3 winners----of say a Monthly Event, would be exempt from playing in a qualifying event the next year for the same event. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2009 7:09 PM

This is so doable without a major system upgrade-you listening Alex?

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2009 7:45 PM

I like Futures idea in qualifying and tournament play.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 1:45 AM

I thought it was cool the way the US Open qualifier was conducted.  Unlimited play qualifying...then a single play round of the top 156 and ties.  A four round single play tournament sounds interesting as well. 

I suspect adding more courses and different tee placements will shake things up as well. 

Joey

• cjfelton
    79 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 5:49 AM

I think Futures has it right.  It is very doable as well, no course programming, graphics, etc.  It's all database management, which is among the easiest of things you do to run a site like this.  Bring it on!  Are you listening Alex?

• Futures
    79 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 8:17 AM

Plus, with pin placements that change duriing a 4 day event, scores would be more varied, during the single play tournaments.

But the ratings next to our names should be gone.  What is the point with so many leaving games, or rightly starting over in unlimited play when you can't beat your best score?

If we really need a number by our names, just put the number of our lowest 18 hole round; that should tell people what a person is capable of shooting.   

• coolhotfun
    229 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 9:47 AM

what score would you set it to change from master to legend? 60? And they'd have their own category in tournaments like how there's master pro amateur? There's too few players though, so don't think it's gonna happen.

• thunderbird
    381 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 10:06 AM

I am all for a legends tier.  Would love to be able to play from a different tee box.  Just keep in mind with the legends tier there should be legends clubs.  So that every hole is played with the same club as the lower tier.  

Legend Tier driver 300.   Legend three wood 255  Legend irons 225-135.   I am all for it.  WGT the vote is out new clubs, new tier, let us play the championship tees.  This would be an easy release.

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 10:23 AM

A shorten version of the real PGA tour could be the template used here.

Once Beta ends WGT PRO should be the highest level achieved…with that person’s current ranking in parentheses.  This would be based on Tournament placements for the year.  So, for example beneath Tibbet’s name would be WGT PRO (1) on his profile page etc.

So how do you become a WGT PRO?

There could then be a VQ (Virtual Qualifying) School. Perhaps quarterly as compared to yearly for the PGA Tour.

Once a player feels their ability is up to the challenge and for a small entry fee WGT would then stage a 36 hole (2 rounds) single play pre-qualifier event.   

Those that make the pre-determine cut move on to a 72 hole (4 rounds) final qualifier (again with a small entry fee).

Those qualifiers then move on to the Final Stage, on 90 holes (5 rounds) and don’t forget the entry fee.

The top players that make the cut become WGT PRO.

The entry fees will be used to purchase the Prizes awarded to those new WGT Pros only.

Then WGT Pros compete in Single Play Tournaments with the best prizes while reducing the prizes awarded in other tiers/tournaments.

Becoming a WGT PRO would be a well deserved honor.

Thanks for reading this.

• GintyXXX
    1 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 11:32 AM

It's time you hired some decent techs. Obviously you are noobs. I played one round and have this mastered. Lots of the finer points of the game of golf are missing from your program. Worst of all is the beginer tournament won't load. I played Edgewood paractice and scored 3rd in just my first try. I go to get in the tourney and after several attempts it won't load.

Bottom line is "YOUSUCK"!!!!!!!

RSS