Forums

Help › Forums

Clash 68 with Set of the Week

Mon, Apr 16 2018 3:11 PM (186 replies)
  • jacktrade51
    10,921 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2018 5:56 PM

Averages are not the issue.  Once one maxes out on tier, the "bad" rounds go away.  Might be a little tough for Legends with 500 round saturation, but otherwise irrelevant.  Not that I've heard of Legend hitting TL before 500 rounds unless they sit on easy courses.

I have a lot of comments on format, but I promised my club I would consult with the active club clash players first, then post.

But I do have issues. 

And I will note participation in my club was way down.  We do not mandate club clash as condition of being member.

Tom.

P.S.  At least for Champ, TL and most Legends, club speed in this SOTW was manageable.  Close to what most of us have.  Figuring roll out on shot is separate issue, but that is what SOTW is about.

• greybeard123
    18 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2018 6:00 PM

happen to me several times, i wish more would play in our clashes i notice we got 6% playing right now and our opponent is like 31%

• thegoosebag
    2,264 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2018 6:27 PM

WGT Champion thanks for your many and swift responses to this thread,its a pity you dont have the same urgency to the ones that really matter

cheers      mark.

• Nancy1959
    7,067 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2018 9:09 PM

pdb1:
      Many will barely play or not at all . 

Yep.  And the points are misleading, because you got a lot more points with this new format.  It wasn't any fun playing with those clubs and most of who did were simply playing for CC pride.  Still, it was a bad idea by WGT.

And if they are trying to "even the playing field" and have another CC win other than The Georgian, this wasn't the way to do it.  The new point system only netted us a lot more points while being able to play a lot less.  We got locked out of playing for hours in this Clash (as many others did) and the rest of the time just coasted with most members playing much less than they normally would play.

• AlaskanDame
    18,999 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2018 9:10 PM

AlaskanDame:

Was SOTW changed this afternoon?  I had 245 driver and 225 3W most of the clash.  Suddenly, I have 257 driver and 234 3W.  Hard nough to adjust play to new landing areas with a set of woods, but then to re-adjust to new ones?  Wow

The 257/234 combo only lasted one round.  Was back to 245/225 the next round.  Weird glitch.  

• jason01291
    416 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2018 11:27 PM

The usual guys who play clashes are the ones play before and after these updates

You will see no change in new members

If this SOTW goes even the usual guys will stop playing the clashes

we spent dollars to buy equipment and sadly we can't use them in clashes .

That is one bs idea someone came up with..

And turf wars ( also club event) in that we can use our clubs..

What are u trying to...

You are removing the fun aspect by this SOTW

Yeah the new awards for longest putt holed shot scrambling is a great idea..

Keep these awards with our equipment in the next clashes woywo be awesome for those who enjoy clashes

Already those greens affect our game and now this SOTW...in the clashes affect your game average fun aspect everything u loose nothing to gain

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2018 11:49 PM

I will not play in these mainly because they are not fun for me plus it screws up game play even after playing it.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Mar 17 2018 12:01 AM

So...

How did the 1st SOTW Clash go ?

No problems or  Glitches ?

Everyone had fun ?

RSS