rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 20 2018 8:31 AM (47 replies)
  • muncher27
    416 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 7:33 AM

MKALER:

docmorgan99:

Rabbit274:

Our club members are all getting 'unexpected error' when trying to play in this event.

It is also worthy of note that in the 'blurb' advertising the event, the top 500 clubs will receive at least one course builder.

Two questions - is any other club experiencing the same problem and if so, are WGT aware of the problem (bug report sent)

It doesn't look like the Georgians are experiencing the same problem as most of us, looking at their points tally going up and up ;-)

large participation = points we never posted a point in the last 2 hours and the same again in this one

ian

• Ketket1
    6,888 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 8:00 AM

The conspiracy theorists will all be coming out of the woodwork now (I'm not one of them). WGT isn't clever enough to mess it up for all but one club.

• wleiss
    6,268 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 8:10 AM

Some members of the Bushwackers have experienced problems, some have not. Disregarding the loading problems entirely, how do you feel about the format in general? I don't mind playing with the set of the week much, I see it as kind of a challenge, so I'm neutral on that. What I do like is the awards they have added. The Clashes were getting to be quite boring, especially when the final outcome was never in doubt. It still is never in doubt, but along the way you can shoot for high score in a clash, longest putt, longest hole out, etc. I found it kind of fun.  Not as much fun as playing Shinnecock would be, or playing a CC vs.CC match set up like the Ryder Cup, but fun.

Will

• PenguinSkip
    2,374 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 8:26 AM

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. But can someone explain the point system to me. After I played my first round I had 730 pts. Every time I look my points goes down, am I charged for looking. LOL I am down to 400 and something points. Haven't been able to check lately because of unexpected error, for over the last hour or so.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 8:26 AM

pdb1:

A refresh hasn't worked for me yet . 

Been trying for an hour . 

Time to play something else

• Waquoitwonder
    66 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 8:55 AM

wrong. This Georgian anyway is experiencing this problem...

• wleiss
    6,268 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 9:55 AM

If you click on Top Ten Scores, it will show you the top ten scores up to that point in that particular Clash. The base score you make, say 68,  is then multiplied by a number derived from your position among the top ten. Let's say 5.5 for a tie for first. That gives you 5.5 x 68=374. (There may be some extra bonus too, I don't remember). If someone puts up a score higher than you, you get knocked down the list, and points are taken away accordingly right up until the end of the Clash. Kind of a crazy way to do things, but it keeps things interesting with big point swings possible by way of real good rounds put up late in the Clash.

Will

PenguinSkip:

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. But can someone explain the point system to me. After I played my first round I had 730 pts. Every time I look my points goes down, am I charged for looking. LOL I am down to 400 and something points. Haven't been able to check lately because of unexpected error, for over the last hour or so.

• jackbevan
    743 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 10:06 AM

i managed to get a couple rounds in...now the error message is back...a real shame in a close match...many players cant play....will the responce be .."sorry bout that?"

• HooksMcGilligan
    735 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 10:10 AM

You are awarded a bonus multiplier for being in the top 10 of various categories (another new feature). You likely received one of those, but as time progressed, others bettered your mark, so your multiplier went down.

Hope this makes sense.

Scott

• Dayfydd
    5 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 10:41 AM

saw this error too. my complaint is what the heck is going on with my clubs?

have set that is NOT mine. not only that they're crappy clubs. got a drvr that doing well to hit 240, irons similarly crippled and a weird putter.so enjoyable.

have no normal control, couldn't figure a distance (250y drv with 22mph tail wind, 300y drive into 18m head wind). putts rolling like hitting higher scale, had changed to lower scale. 120y club going 145y into 15m head wind.

won't play another clash any time soon. 

RSS