Forums

Help › Forums

**VUSO 2018 and Announcement**

Fri, Jul 6 2018 4:20 PM (116 replies)
  • Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2018 2:46 PM

True YJ ,,,fly em all over the world.....

• DoctorEagle
    1,312 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2018 3:37 PM

It would've been a lot cooler if we did but I don't really mind that there's not a new course for the US Open. I'm kind of surprised how upset some people were but that's ok too, it shows they care.

Maybe we can get a new course for the Brittish or PGA? Carnoustie or Shinnecock Hills would be epic.

• Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2018 4:57 PM

duh..........

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2018 6:32 PM

DoctorEagle:
    Maybe we can get a new course for the Brittish or PGA? Carnoustie or Shinnecock Hills would be epic.

Definitely like to see more British/Scottish courses

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2018 7:16 PM

What they really need to do is take the physics of this game, package it up with a bunch of stuff like The Golf Club 2/3/4/2019 has (i.e. course builder), and plop it up on Steam.   They've already got the back end / stats working.  They just need a front end & all the extras.

Would really hate to see this game on PC die b/c the comparable alternatives just aren't there. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2018 4:03 AM

Maybe we should add some of these ideas to the CC Owners Wishlist 2014-2016

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2018 6:45 AM

kavvz:
    What they really need to do is take the physics of this game

I would be totally happy to see the same courses Links used. Just think, Augusta, Torrey Pines, Harbour Town, Riviera, Bay Hill and so on. Can't see why it wouldn't work.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2018 8:03 AM

YankeeJim:

kavvz:
    What they really need to do is take the physics of this game

I would be totally happy to see the same courses Links used. Just think, Augusta, Torrey Pines, Harbour Town, Riviera, Bay Hill and so on. Can't see why it wouldn't work.

Agreed.  They've got an opportunity to take the best golf game available right now and make it great.  

That other game / even the new one coming out is ridiculous -- unless they improve it somehow this year but I doubt it.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2018 10:06 AM

I believe Shinnacock and Torry Pines are on links. I already have Augusta

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2018 3:02 AM

PP has some of those courses you guys mentioned with different names (course rights I guess). there are about 200 courses already to be played and more coming, at least one new every second week.

PP can only be played with pc and you need a new PC with at least 8 gb ram and a 4 gb graphic card, you pay once and can play all new courses free. There are about 8 famous  courses you need to buy in order to play them.

I could imagine that VR will play  a role in the golf game industry soon (if not already). Imagine having you VR glasses together with a real iron in your hands and being placed in a hole somewhere, hit your ball and see it landing somewhere ahead. That would take any internet golf game off the market playing with any device as pc, pad or phone.

We can create VR environments in the company I work (exhibition & display) , it could easily be a golf environment for but we need the technology to make a VR golf game, yes the big part of a project.

However, I am positive someone will put this kind of idea together and will soon offer a VR golf game.

Meanwhile I use my free time playing PP.

Eric

RSS