Forums

Help › Forums

How to contact us and what to do in case of errors or bugs

Thu, Mar 14 2024 9:58 PM (1,186 replies)
  • AVanDerMerwe5
    14 Posts
    Sun, Dec 14 2014 10:46 AM

Hi thx for your informative post. I have recently reformatted my computer, I used to login using my face book page, however now when I try , it wont accept it anymore . I really need to be able to play , can anyone tell me how to get to actually login . I am also a member of wgt and have asked them to assist, but cant wait for a reply ....   Your help and assistance would greatly be appreciated . Thanks andre van der Merwe.

• Bucgolf
    21 Posts
    Tue, Dec 23 2014 5:32 AM

WGT, I have been playing for over two years and have notice alot of problems with your solfware. One problem that really gets me is you hit a ding(center of swing meter)  wind to your back for a 280 yd hit and it can carry anywhere between 260,280,or more depending on wind speed. Now if the ball goes into the bunker and rolls 10ft, 20ft, etc, how is it that it shows a 30% to 40% lie? and it says 90 to the green you hit it for 150 minus the 40% lie which would be a net hit of 90, and it goes maybe 60yd, sure doesnt play like the real game of golf. Although there are many other problems the last I would like to comment on is the swing meter jumping all over the place!!! Wgt always say its our PCs. I have a new PC real clean all browsers closed and it still jumps . I know its not at my end rather its at your end. Sure would be a great Christmas gift to all theplayers if your staff for once address and fix problems.

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Tue, Dec 23 2014 9:07 AM

Bucgolf:
    One problem that really gets me is you hit a ding(center of swing meter)  wind to your back for a 280 yd hit and it can carry anywhere between 260,280,or more depending on wind speed.

Sometimes the tailwind helps, sometimes it seems to push the ball down. Such is life ;)

Bucgolf:
    Now if the ball goes into the bunker and rolls 10ft, 20ft, etc, how is it that it shows a 30% to 40% lie? and it says 90 to the green you hit it for 150 minus the 40% lie which would be a net hit of 90, and it goes maybe 60yd, sure doesnt play like the real game of golf.

The %% denote the ball coverage by the ground material. A ball buried 30% in the sand shure will fly less. The influence depends on the ground, on the buried depth and on the club chosen.

I concede that bunker shots are penalized here big time - such is life.

Two hints:

1) From 30+% bunker, only wedges, perhaps a punch on higher numbers.

2) from 40-50% rough, a punch with topspin but not with woods.

Sorry, no help concerning the jumping meter - search the forums!

• brushbasil
    604 Posts
    Tue, Dec 23 2014 10:35 AM

Hi AVanDerMerwe,

The only way I am logging on at the moment is by going to the home page via the internet search page, I keep pressing the log in page until I get to the sign in page of WGT, that way you can play most of the game but you cannot see your account page.

I hope this gives you the chance to play the game too.

All best Brushbasil (Barry)

• rikwaters
    22 Posts
    Sun, Jan 25 2015 1:08 PM

I'm not very computer savvy and am afraid I screwed up.  I joined the game and enjoyed it so much I tried to join a Club and either wasn't accepted or wasn't doing something right. 

Anyway, I started my own club.  That was a mistake.  So, is there a way to "disband" a club and join another?  I think I would be a good member, I play regularly.

My email is rickwaters1954@gmail.com

• grandpakeith
    245 Posts
    Wed, Feb 4 2015 2:31 PM

Hi thx for your informative post. I have recently reformatted my computer, I used to login using my face book page, however now when I try , it wont accept it anymore . I really need to be able to play , can anyone tell me how to get to actually login . I am also a member of wgt and have asked them to assist, but cant wait for a reply ....   Your help and assistance would greatly be appreciated . Thanks andre van der Merwe.

hope by now your up and playing, otherwise go to www.wgt.com and log in,  more stable than trying to through facebook

• ARooster
    70 Posts
    Sat, Feb 14 2015 11:40 PM

grandpakeith:

hope by now your up and playing, otherwise go to www.wgt.com and log in,  more stable than trying to through facebook

Keith go to wgt.com 

enter username and your wgt password....should work for you

Dennis

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2015 1:14 AM

rikwaters:
    is there a way to "disband" a club and join another?

On your CC's profile page, in the Owner's tools, you'll find "delete CC". That will purge it and kick out your members. Caveat: It may not have a confirmation step before action.

Then apply for membership, perhaps at a owner's wall.

rikwaters:
    My email is [...]

of no relevance: You ask here, you read the answers here. No priority treatment, no offence.

• dyashpal
    286 Posts
    Thu, Feb 26 2015 11:54 PM

WGTicon:

*update* I added best way to contact us on top of this post.

Feel free to contact our customer support or I &  WGTDBLOSHOE can be contacted directly via my profile page. Either post on my wall or send me a private message.

Since there are many ways that errors can be reported, I wanted to breakdown types of errors and how each should be reported. Hopefully this would explain why it’s important to report certain errors in a specific matter and what should be done on your end before reporting such error.

The reason for this is simple: if we cannot reproduce the error, then we cannot find it or fix it. There are also many errors that are not game errors but rather errors with the medium (interaction between game, flash, browser, players computer), which only affect individual computers;  therefore, doing some basic maintenance should fix most of them.

1)      Loading error. This can be a failure to load, some kind of crash during loading, unusual meter performance or overall game lag.  The best way to report these is via right clicking and submitting a detailed error report right as it occurs/or just occurred while still remaining in that game. The reasoning for it is simple: when such reports are generated, they give us many details about the game that we cannot get from anywhere else. Also, it helps when the person fills out detailed report mentioning exactly what had happened. Sometimes maybe they notice 1 of the game elements had failed to load or something else which may be invaluable for us. This link gives an example of a proper bug report. If/when someone submits a report which may have no details and just say “fix this”, it tells us nothing; therefore, we will likely no ‘fix that’.

2)      Failure to load pro shop, not seeing clubs, erratic performance after a downtime. Constant disconnecting/logging out of wgt.com. All of these are symptoms of flash issues. The first thing anyone should do is clear cookies and temp files in both flash and browsers and then try again. If that does not work, then try playing in other browsers and if same issues occur, repeat the steps above. Most of the time it will fix the issues.  Below are details on how to properly clear all flash/browser cookies and temp files:

•  
      • Clear Browser cache: Click here for instructions.
      • Clear Adobe Flash cache: Click here , and click the "Delete all sites" button in the Settings Manager.

3)      Few recent issues that have been happening and what to do about it.

a.       Chrome will automatically clear cookies/temp files upon exit, so it will force you to relogin each time. This can be fixed by checking optionsà under the hoodà content settings à cookies and making sure the clearing option is not checked.

b.      Wgt.com or game fails to load. Some antivirus’ are overzealous and wrongly identify some parts of game client/website as malicious and block it without alerting or letting user know why. Many different antiviruses work differently, but generally by adding wgt.com into trust zone should fix the problem. The way to test it is by disabling antivirus and going back to wgt.com and if it works without it, then that’s where the problem lies.

4)      when you report the error, in-game error reports do not generate a personal reply. Also, most of the time 1 error report will not initiate immediate action but if several folks report same issue, then it would be automatically escalated into a priority queue.

5)      In some cases it will take a bit of time to receive credits from your completion of surveys or offers, but if you believe an inordinate amount of time has passed and you still have not received your credits, please fill out a support request.  To do this, click the CONTACT SUPPORT link at the top right of the offer status page. This support page will show you the status of offers you have completed and allow you to send a request to our partners at TrialPay who process the offers and who should be able to help.

6)      The most important point is to search forums prior to posting an error.  95% of all errors already have at least few threads dedicated to them which have answers and advice or recommendations.

-wgticon

CAN YOU GUYS TELL ME WHY & HOW MY BALLS(NIKE RZN) CLUBS(CLEVELAND WEDGES) DO NOT IMPART ANY SPIN OUT OF 40/50 ROUGH!!

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Fri, Feb 27 2015 12:00 AM

May I refer to #6 in the post cited by you?

Short answer: There have been changes.

RSS