Forums

Help › Forums

What have you done to the Mobile app?

Thu, Mar 8 2018 2:49 PM (70 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,680 Posts
    Thu, Dec 21 2017 4:56 PM

@67Cam

The irony is that you believe a person who simply wants to play a 1-hole game because they only have time for 1 hole "shouldn't be playing" while you only play 3-hole games. While 3 holes is a short game, it's not a "complete game."

I used to play golf (IRL) all the time. In fact, during some summers, I played almost every day. For various reasons, I haven't been able to do so in recent years. But when I played, I never played a round with someone or in a league where they played 3 holes and called that a "complete game." Golf has never been a 3-hole game.

In other words, would you be fine with someone posting the following:

If a player is in such a hurry that they can only play 3 holes, then they shouldn't be playing.

I doubt you would. And I doubt you would take kindly to someone referring to you as an ADD player. But the same things you say about those who play 1-hole matches could easily be applied to those who play 3-hole matches.

So, all of that is why I see irony in your post.

• garyk49
    2,318 Posts
    Fri, Dec 22 2017 5:51 AM

What a wonderful thing to see, Mobile players up in arms over a change WGT made.

Most of us old time PC players have already seen this type of thing with the PC game, that now you are seeing.

You see a response from WGT, we made these changes due to feedback from many players.  We PC players saw the same thing long ago, but with us it was the millions and millions of emails from players that wanted these changes.

HOGWASH(using a nice word here) to both.   Most Mobile players are new, most PC players are not and you are just now starting to see that WGT talks from both sides of its mouth.  These changes don't/didn't have anything to do with you or what you want or don't want.  They are changes WGT wants to make.  In most cases based for revenue generating.  This change, don't have a clue what they are after, but as always you will soon know, expect another change based on the new 1 hole format. (possible, now you have to pay to play 3 hole?)

As others have said, it does no good to complain here.  You must directly complain through customer service or I guess, on the mobile, a feedback tab.  Sounds a lot like the right click to report a bug on the PC.

I think what is seen as a disrespect to mobile players is not actually that.  As all well know, there are differences between the two games.  Some of the more knowledgeable PC players don't game on a mobile device.  A mobile player will ask a question, not stating they are mobile) we answer and give the wrong answer, giving an answer that pertains to PC.  That is why it has been asked by many to have either a separate forum or area for the mobile players to get help.  But as it is shown, that has fallen on deaf ears also.  Here's another good example.  Mobile players are too busy to want to play a 9 hole and supposedly feedback said too busy to play more then one hole.  Before asking question, use the search function over to the right.  Most of your questions have been asked over and over many times.  Now do you sort of get the idea why the PC players act the way we do.  Sometimes you have to take the time to find things out yourself, instead of just wanting to have it handed to you.  And Jim sort of touched on this subject.

PC gaming is still as big as ever.  Doubt you will ever see a major title written for android or IOS.  Yes newer games require more robust machines.  Game size alone would kill a phone, or a tablet 

Someone mentioned they couldn't play on an older laptop.  This PC version of the game does not require an up to date machine to play.  I play this on a EMachine bought at walmart a number of years ago, and it works just fine.  The 400.00 dollars that I paid for this many years ago is a far cry from what phones and tablets sold for, either then or now.

And in parting Paul(PDB1) yes most of us do have phones.  Mine is a flip phone.  I only want to use it as a phone.  I can sit across from somebody and hold a conversation with them, using my voice, not text.  And I want to be able to use both hands for other things.  And I don't run into things walking down the street staring at a phone in my hand.

• jmalotte61
    27 Posts
    Fri, Dec 22 2017 8:06 AM

The new changes are terrible.  Please change it back to a 3 hole challenge.

• Sildate
    665 Posts
    Sun, Mar 4 2018 7:14 PM

That's the kicker to this game. There is none. Some of us only play the mobile version and can't get any information of how they are changing apparel, rooms, promotions. it's just "STFU and play!" 

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2018 8:40 AM

Last night and today, I've had to do swing and putt instruction to get to the first screen. Odd that it's only on the tablet and Blue Stacks, not NOX. 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2018 10:45 AM

Had the same thing, I Uninstaller the game app, reinstalled it and now it's fine,  hope this helps u

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 9:08 AM

Luckystar5:
    Uninstalled the game app, reinstalled

Half. 

Worked on Blue Stacks but not the tablet. Oh well, I only use the tablet in WGT once a day to get video credits while watching the tube. 

Thanks.

:^)

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 11:02 AM

JimbeauC:
    not the tablet

Hard reset (boot) did the trick.

RSS