Forums

Help › Forums

What have you done to the Mobile app?

Thu, Mar 8 2018 2:49 PM (70 replies)
  • Sildate
    643 Posts
    Fri, Dec 15 2017 9:26 PM

The changes to the new mobile app are completely contrary to golf, in general. Golf is a social game. How is changing all the 3 hole rooms to 1 hole rooms allow interaction between players? All I have ever played has been the on the mobile app, and, up until now it has been fun. You took all the social interaction away in order to promote your "sponsor" packages. You basically sold out the general gamesmanship of the sport. If I didn't have streak going for consecutive days played, trust me, I would break that streak with days NOT played.

• Spangled04
    27 Posts
    Sun, Dec 17 2017 11:40 AM

Agreed. Why the change to one hole contest?

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sun, Dec 17 2017 1:31 PM
    They are trying to make the game too much like Golf Clash.
  • LouisPeter0
    713 Posts
    Sun, Dec 17 2017 1:42 PM

Beverly Hills and Bellagio are still three holes. Although Bellagio is a bit pricey at 2.5 million.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Dec 17 2017 1:58 PM

Sildate:
    The changes to the new mobile app are completely contrary to golf, in general. Golf is a social game.

With respect, if a person really wants to embrace the social aspect of golf on WGT, the mobile app has never been the place to do that.

To get that aspect, a person needs to play the web-based version.

• Jim1allen
    4 Posts
    Sun, Dec 17 2017 6:52 PM

The point is they have made the mobile game horrible. You play one hole and that's it. I have 14500 credits and 2.6 mil coins. Pretty much going to quit playing once I give my credits away in equipment to everyone I play until I'm out

• elnjay54
    1 Posts
    Mon, Dec 18 2017 7:53 AM

I agree. I only have an iPad to play so the mobile app is best for me. Single hole games are a waste of time. Unless you hit every shot perfectly you may as well not bother because if you miss the line for the direction on your hit you know you will lose the match as there is no way to make up for an errant shot.

• whitehead11
    3 Posts
    Mon, Dec 18 2017 1:36 PM

I want to report ABUSE this one hole game is STUPID I agree with all the above I'm starting to get interested in the the little game app's you show. why not make a sudden death after the three hole tie????? 

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Mon, Dec 18 2017 4:17 PM

It's ammusingly refreshing to hear, WGT makes a mess of the mobile app too, I thought it was just an Anti-PC thing.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Dec 18 2017 4:29 PM

stevereilly:
    It's ammusingly refreshing to hear, WGT makes a mess of the mobile app too, I thought it was just an Anti-PC thing.

Even as a mobile-only user, I have to say that I agree. To me, the whole thing is fairly humorous to hear how WGT is "ruining" the game and that recent changes are contrary to golf.

Seriously. I mean, you can't make this stuff up. The decision to eliminate the 3-hole games in the coin rooms is contrary to golf.

OK.

I remember when I used to play golf (IRL) all the time. Those 3-hole games I played were the absolute best!  ;-)

RSS