Forums

Help › Forums

2018 world cup

Thu, Sep 20 2018 9:22 AM (2,306 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 1:45 PM
    Thanks for the good company Nico and well done on a deserved win. I hope your next game is easier to organise, thanks for that too.
  • PEnglish3
    117 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 2:49 PM

BigKnight:

Group 2, Match 4....

EagleEmily (L) v BigKnight (C)

Emily and I just finished our KI match and had a great time, and wonderful conversation

I started perfectly with birdie, eagle birdie to her 3 birds....required concede on 4 got us back to square...we matched 5, 6, and 7. I birdied 8, and she 9 to turn AS

10-15 I was a perfect 7 under (eagled the 11th with that back right pin)

She was all birdies to only be 1 down going to 16.

She drained a 9 footer for bird and my 5 footer lipped out (putt was a hard left to righter, and I dinged it...I simply must've misjudged the break)

AS to 17...we both parred the back pin...required concede on 18 means I lost 1 down...

I was -13 on 16 played holes....and today it wasn't enough as Emily played extremely well, and she got the job done.

She is a shining example (along with her new CC) of what these matches are about...

Congrats Emily, and good luck the rest of the way (and everyone else better watch out for the Fairway Fanatics)

:)

=bk=

also: her CTTH on 14 was 2.6 ft.....just confirming that for her

great sportmanship, these are the reports we like to see. well played both players, sounds like a great game

• EagleEmiIy
    443 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 3:33 PM

PEnglish3:

BigKnight:

Group 2, Match 4....

EagleEmily (L) v BigKnight (C)

Emily and I just finished our KI match and had a great time, and wonderful conversation

I started perfectly with birdie, eagle birdie to her 3 birds....required concede on 4 got us back to square...we matched 5, 6, and 7. I birdied 8, and she 9 to turn AS

10-15 I was a perfect 7 under (eagled the 11th with that back right pin)

She was all birdies to only be 1 down going to 16.

She drained a 9 footer for bird and my 5 footer lipped out (putt was a hard left to righter, and I dinged it...I simply must've misjudged the break)

AS to 17...we both parred the back pin...required concede on 18 means I lost 1 down...

I was -13 on 16 played holes....and today it wasn't enough as Emily played extremely well, and she got the job done.

She is a shining example (along with her new CC) of what these matches are about...

Congrats Emily, and good luck the rest of the way (and everyone else better watch out for the Fairway Fanatics)

:)

=bk=

also: her CTTH on 14 was 2.6 ft.....just confirming that for her

great sportmanship, these are the reports we like to see. well played both players, sounds like a great game

it was a great game and a true gent he was. Amazing write up as well. Many thanks and best of luck in the future rounds.

Em x

• graemelee99
    2,567 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 4:09 PM

Group 4 Match 4 Game 7

SEL Thunderchickens v Wooden Bees

graemelee99 v   sco1967

Managed a 4 up win against Scotty. A very enjoyable round and match as Scotty was top class and made some amazing putts, but missed a few what i'd call much easier ones!  That was the difference in a close game, closer than the score suggets

Enjioyed , and best of luck for future games

• darek2
    1,876 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 4:38 PM

i just had  gr8 fight with Lisa , super shot's  she make it even hio at #8 , 

was pleasure to play , even putt was cold , and for both  many ul 

GROUP 2 ROUND 8 TIE #1 

LISA03   LOST 2UP VS DAREK2

super game Lisa and gl with your HIO at #8

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 4:51 PM

Thunderchooks Vs Wooden Bees.

Lutjanid Vs mbcarp99-    Match Halved.

A classic Match play game against Mark.  Flashes of brilliance from both of us followed by some OMFG where is that going one's. Nobody ever got more than 1 up in a very tight and tense battle.  Thanks to Mark for some great competition and company.  :-)

• mikki13
    254 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 6:03 PM

Group 3 - Rnd 8 - Match 1 - Tie 2 

Aussie Aussie Aussie v Indian Red CC

Bochy (514 ) def Mikii13 (408 ) 2up

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 6:30 PM
    darek2:

i just had  gr8 fight with Lisa , super shot's  she make it even hio at #8 , 

was pleasure to play , even putt was cold , and for both  many ul 

GROUP 2 ROUND 8 TIE #1 

LISA03   LOST 2UP VS DAREK2

super game Lisa and gl with your HIO at #8

Well played Darek-it was a tight match all the way to the end. Always a fun time to play with a very good player and sportsman like Darek
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 6:54 PM

Group 2 Round 8 Tie #7

Canuck1056 (Aphrodite) vs kavvz (Carolina Sandhills)

Jerome and I just halved after a back and forth see saw battle.

Was a great match and was a pleasure to play a round with ya.

Good luck in the next rounds.

• canuck1056
    3,167 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 6:58 PM

Was a gr8 game Brad , only fitting it ended in a draw . Good luck to you in your remaining battles

Jerome

RSS