Forums

Help › Forums

players who are rude to girls

Sun, Oct 22 2017 7:50 PM (24 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,107 Posts
    Tue, Oct 17 2017 6:29 AM
    alanti:
    […]you will aways have the yellow/orange flashing....there is no off option.
    YankeeJim:
    […]ScottHope has a clever way to hide it.
    Thanks Jim. Here's a video of it.
  • Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Tue, Oct 17 2017 6:37 AM
    WGTUniverse:
    You have a couple options, you can screenshot the conversation and send it to members services so that they can advise this player to follow the community guidelines or you can turn off chat completely but this will prevent all communication during games.
    The problem with that approach is that CS, which is usually fantastic, doesn't always read the conversation correctly. I had someone post some pretty nasty things to my wall. I sent the stuff to CS, and they disabled my account for 2 days! Obviously, my account was eventually restored. But I lost my CDP bonus which had gotten up to 780 days. It's back up over 100 days now. But it doesn't always work out well for the person reporting. Jus sayin.
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 17 2017 7:22 AM
    ScottHope:
    Thanks Jim. Here's a video of it.
    Tsk, tsk. Why couldn't I find it on your page? LOL ;-)
  • ScottHope
    10,107 Posts
    Tue, Oct 17 2017 8:14 AM
    Well, you couldn't find it because it isn't there. Why isn't it there? Perhaps there's too much there already. : )

⇩ EDIT : Thanks Alan. ; ) ⇩
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 17 2017 9:21 AM
    LMAO. Wasn't going to say anything but.......................... ;-)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Oct 17 2017 12:25 PM
    ScottHope:

Well, you couldn't find it because it isn't there. Why isn't it there? Perhaps there's too much there already. : )

Really....it only took me 8 hours to read your profile page......sadly when I went to reread a snippet of information....I couldn't find it......another 8 hours.....

Honestly, a huge source of great information....and I think the entire community appreciates that.

As for the workaround, yep I remember that one - to be honest, I seldom get abuse....which is surprising when you see some of my shots.....I think the last one to really abuse me was YJ......the workaround worked like a treat :)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 17 2017 1:12 PM
    alanti:
    .I think the last one to really abuse me was YJ......the workaround worked like a treat
    I still know where you live...................... :-P
  • lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Tue, Oct 17 2017 1:36 PM
    ..... Sorry to bust your bubble, but waaaay back 2010 - or so I don't think screen shots were something all the members were aware of. I wasn't. (I know they exist, but do not know how to do it). I made many requests to have someone of authority do something. ...Never received an answer, or saw that anything was being .accomplished. Because of the lack of action I did what I thought would get attention, even if it was directed to me to not call them out or post on their wall......At that time there was no Blocking available either.....What was to be done? ........................................................................................................................................ ..... I did not lower myself to the creeps level, didn't call names, made no comments about them, except to bring it to anybodies attention who I could reach as to their sexist actions.............................................................................................................. .....When circumstances warrant, action should be taken. Have you seen wgt take action in a responsive manner? At that time I had not............................................... ..... I'm not the person you must or should lecture to, lecture the creeps or wgt management who allowed this to continue over the years. My nickles are well spent on these types of endeavors.
  • lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Tue, Oct 17 2017 1:46 PM
    .....You responded to her entry, but what you did not do is tell/show how to do a screen shot..............As I made mention in an earlier entry I eventually found out screen shots existed, but no one has taken the time to tell anyone of less than average knowledge of how to do things with their computers, so that these types of things can be better controlled. I even made an open request on the forums many years ago on how to do a screen shot. NEVER received a response. my nickle.
  • lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Tue, Oct 17 2017 1:52 PM
    .....You may have me there (the nickle thing) because she would have been "Saw Buck" My nickle.
RSS