Forums

Help › Forums

players who are rude to girls

Sun, Oct 22 2017 7:50 PM (24 replies)
  • ADeMan2
    1 Posts
    Mon, Oct 16 2017 7:26 AM
    what can i do when player are verry rude to me. they start a game and instally they talk about sex. how can i contact wgt about this. can those players beiing blocked
  • WGTUniverse
    94 Posts
    Mon, Oct 16 2017 8:42 AM
    ADeMan2:
    what can i do when player are verry rude to me. they start a game and instally they talk about sex. how can i contact wgt about this. can those players beiing blocked
    You have a couple options, you can screenshot the conversation and send it to members services so that they can advise this player to follow the community guidelines or you can turn off chat completely but this will prevent all communication during games. Blocking the player will only keep them from being able to send you messages through the website, accessing your profile or sending you friend requests. I hope this information was helpful :)
  • fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Oct 16 2017 9:50 AM
    Or play with a "male" avatar....that will keep most of the creeps away, but not all of them.
  • alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Oct 16 2017 2:02 PM
    Tell them to continue while you monitor the conversation to relay it to CS after the game. Or, quit the game, block and forget them.
  • lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Mon, Oct 16 2017 3:30 PM
    When Sharon played wgt and was accosted by the creeps who do these things, she would 1st warn them that it would be reported to wgt and screen shots would be sent. If the creep continued to be rude Sharon would be just as, if not more, rude in return................................................................................................................................ Sharon never quit because of their rudeness, after all she joined a group to play wgt golf. At the end of the round if she felt the creep did not improve their actions and words, she would make posts on their profile wall, sometimes for 8 - 10 days in a row, so anyone reading their profile page would be aware of their penchant for sexual abuse. She would also make a post on the country club presidents wall reporting the abuse and enlisting his assistance to reprimand the named creep........................................................................................................................... ..... If it seemed that the named creep continued to sexually abuse Sharon or others, I would assist her in correcting the creeps manners, sometimes for weeks!......................................................................................................................... ..... Sharon and I were born and raised in an era when open sexual abuse was not common and was treated with great disdain by most people and especially by ourselves..................................................................................................................... ..... It was regarded by us as a personal insult! Therefore we did everything possible to eliminate this type of abuse. It must stop! To this end I charge wgt Management (?) to be more insistent, and take more severe action against repeat offenders! Sharon is no longer here to be able to help you in this matter, but I feel as though what I have said and advised you to do certain things to help you fight off the creeps and that she would agree! Sharon's Nickle.....
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Oct 16 2017 4:37 PM
    lee22sharon:
    Therefore we did everything possible to eliminate this type of abuse.
    Except for the one thing that puts an immediate end to it- a screenshot to CS. Instead, you engage in battle to what end? You lower yourself to their depths with wall posts in a vigilante effort to enlighten those that happen to stumble over the perpetrator's page while WGT could have handled it in a heartbeat. Learn from it, no nickles required.
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Oct 16 2017 4:53 PM
    lee22sharon:
    Sharon's Nickle.....
    Hmmm Lee, I think Sharon would chastise you there! LOL

Screen shots sent to WGT are the best course of action....sadly it probably takes many by surprise and they forget to do so.......from WGT's stance.....they need a zero tolerance of any sort of abuse.
  • dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Mon, Oct 16 2017 5:31 PM
    WGTUniverse:
    you can turn off chat completely
    Really? How?? ...and does that include the flashing yellow CHAT??
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Oct 16 2017 10:28 PM
    dchallenger:
    WGTUniverse:
    you can turn off chat completely
    Really? How?? ...and does that include the flashing yellow CHAT??
    I was going to say something, but I have been chastised before after calling out a Mods ignorance......you will aways have the yellow/orange flashing....there is no off option.

At least WGTUniverse is true to the moniker....space exists
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 17 2017 5:06 AM
    alanti:
    .you will aways have the yellow/orange flashing....there is no off option.
    Ahh, but that inventive ScottHope has a clever way to hide it. Couldn't find it on his page but it's basically opening your Task Manager, set it to always be on top, size it to that CHAT box and move it to cover it. :-)
RSS