Forums

Help › Forums

Ryder Cup 2011 - GOODBYE!!!

Wed, Jan 25 2012 7:24 AM (652 replies)
  • kam4122
    1,695 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 10:12 AM

Firstly, congratulations to Chad on our match, really nice guy, great player, and as I found out deadly from 12 yards out with a wedge on the 17th hole. It is often the hardest match to win, the one that gets you over the top, so well done.

It is difficult to be completely constructive after playing 18 holes with a frozen cold putter, I have played worse from tee to green and shot 57 round there! Despite being personally gutted right now, please USA team accept my congratulations!

The matches have been played in great spirit, with fantastic golf from both sides, and this edition has been the closest to date, it is still possible for Team World to tie it up, which would be a fitting representation of how close the standard of golf has been.

To next year, JC just remember you are only looking after that cup! We will be back!

To Team World, you all tried your hearts out, well played everyone, each and every one of you has been an absolute star.

Many friends have been made, and friendships renewed.

Cheers

Monty

• Daskino
    2,781 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 10:28 AM

jimbean346:
    Who's got the celebratory beers then? Let's at least go out on a high ;-)

!beer all then :D

Congrats USA Team and Captain JC. It was a great journey, and James and Monty just said everything about.

I just only want to say I was proud to be part of the World Team and it was a great privilege to face USA guys in a so close WGT Ryder Cup edition.

(Leaderboard updated - just before being overwhelmed by a "U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!" jubilant crowd)

• simovoice
    4,963 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 10:39 AM

Congratulations USA Team and Captain JC, you deserved the victory with a disarming and strong come back !

It was fantastic taking part in this competion, see you next year, and Lu I like very cold beer :)) 

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 11:02 AM

Congrats USA, a great win!

Cheers,

b0gey

• dud_doodle
    135 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 11:17 AM

I just want to give Monty a pat on the back for hanging in there throughout the entire match. He continued to hit great shots, even though his putter let him down on numerous occasions. It seemed every time I would leave an opening for him to get back in the match, he would miss a timely putt or I would pull off a clutch shot to maintain the momentum. It has been a great event and well played by both sides. Congrats to all of team USA on a hard fought victory!

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 11:18 AM

• mrenn29
    380 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 11:45 AM

Great Ryder cup guys.Came down to the wire and I am glad I got the chance to participate.Some unreal shots and putts were made by some great players during this competition.Congrats goes out to my fellow teamates and the world for a great Ryder Cup!  USA! USA! USA! lol

• PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 10:36 PM

Congratulations to the American team you did it again with some outstanding performances under pressure,A huge hug for Jim. Kam and Les.Only the World players will know the effort they put in behind the scenes,Thanks for giving me the opportunity to play against the best once again not even a rotten meter on occasions can spoil that experience,

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 11:52 PM

Congrats to the US team, it was a pleasure to play against guys who were as gracious in victory as they were in defeat. A battling performance from you all and a deserved victory, well done guys.

• Hanswurst72
    1,097 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2011 6:02 AM

Well played everybody, was a pleasure.

RSS