Forums

Help › Forums

Ryder Cup 2011 - GOODBYE!!!

Wed, Jan 25 2012 7:24 AM (652 replies)
  • JCOlson
    1,118 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2011 10:19 AM

dud_doodle:

Monty had something come up with work, I think we're aiming for same time tomorrow.

Thanks for the update Chad. Good luck tomorrow!! Go get em!!!

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2011 12:02 PM

Hey Monty and Dud, only three points to go and the expectation is big so please let us know as soon as you have a time!

• kam4122
    1,695 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2011 1:55 PM

Yes sorry all, got dragged away with work.

Tomorrow - Thursday, 4pm UK time.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 5:19 AM

kam4122:
    Tomorrow - Thursday, 4pm UK time.

Any chance of this getting streamed?

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 6:06 AM

Nope YJ; given the position of the overall match, Monty wants it to be able to focus 100% on his own game.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 8:32 AM

Totally understandable. Tx, jb.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 9:29 AM

Nice win USA  3-0. Well played World.

• JCOlson
    1,118 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 9:40 AM

This just in:

USA clinches the Ryder Cup with a hard fought win by dud_doodle over team world captain kam4122!

What an incredible display of WGT golf this entire tournament has been. The collection of talent in this competition has truly wowed me. I want to congratulate all those involved, especially the members of my team who, despite bad leadership, overcame adversity to keep the cup on US soil!!

I have been proud and honored to serve as team USA captain over these past few months. Monty, Seve, and all involved have been great to work with even through all the scheduling hassles.  I look forward to another competition next year!

When is the awards ceremony Seve? Looking forward to it. Cheers all!!

• villadeoro
    419 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 9:41 AM

Congrats to USA team for their great victory and we should wait for next  year to see first World Team victory.

Good work to all players that they played in this edition, and to Seve and all persons that they help him to create this beautiful comp

See you next year ;)

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 9:47 AM

Great effort Monty and congratulations to JC and Team US. There were a few pivotal spells throughout the tournament where we genuinely thought we were one win away from breaking your resistance but each time, you came back hard with stretches of wins that snatched the momentum straight back.

Well played to all the twenty four players who've represented their teams in exemplary fashion. To get through an event of this scale with barely a complaint or issue is probably unheard of. Everyone's fought tooth and nail for each point and in this instance, Team US have just been too strong over the long haul.

Who's got the celebratory beers then? Let's at least go out on a high ;-)

RSS