Forums

Help › Forums

WGT silly ideas corner....

Thu, Oct 12 2017 12:09 PM (44 replies)
  • WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Thu, Sep 14 2017 2:40 PM

Not a silly idea but silly it hasn't happened. How about something/anything for clubs when they reach Level 14??? Sucks to be a small club, it takes so long to get to the next level & after 13 levels we get squat. 14 is the only level where clubs get nothing.

• craigswan
    31,009 Posts
    Thu, Sep 14 2017 2:57 PM

The Golf Ball Drop has become increasingly popular way to raise funds for wgt .

Their top brains have come up with this brilliant idea to sell golf balls as “raffle tickets” and they want to share it with you!.

All tier groups can purchase numbered golf balls as a Fixed Price Package, just like they would a simple raffle ticket. Each numbered golf ball is a chance to win some fabulous prize.

At the event, a helicopter hoists the bags of golf balls into the air, flies to a pre-determined location above the green and drops all the golf balls simultaneously.

The ball that lands closest to the hole wins!

Consider multiple winning categories. For the grand prizes, wgt could award half of the pot of the sales! You could also have 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes to encourage more participation. For example, award a smaller prize to the owner of the ball that lands furthest from the hole! The possibilities are endless..

If you have access to a helicopter, please contact wgt management .

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Sep 14 2017 3:23 PM

Premier Membership

Gift 10 get one free for yourself

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Sep 14 2017 4:38 PM

According to WGT graphics, everyone breaks a tee on every hole. 

Why should they be free? 

Run out of tees? Get out the 3w. 

• oldbones29
    2,035 Posts
    Thu, Sep 14 2017 5:06 PM

When I first started playing, I would use starter balls, set up the one hole game at the 17th at St Andrews, and try to break windows in the hotel. of course it couldn't be done, but that would be fun if it was programmed to let you do it. The same with the Train at Chambers Bay. 

Come on WGT program some fun into this game, even for a small fee,

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Thu, Sep 14 2017 8:17 PM

Steve,

I think Duda51 nailed this idea yesterday when he posted the following in a thread called "I don't believe it".

I know he got a few of us with this joke, as some of us went straight to the pro shop to look for details of this insane idea. The really sad part is...I think some of us believed it because we really think that TG/WGT would stoop this low for the money grab out of desperation.

Good one Duda, well played.

MC

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Sep 14 2017 8:31 PM

mrcaddie:
    I think some of us believed it because we really think that TG/WGT would stoop this low for the money grab out of desperation.

They already have ........Why some thought the nonsense in that post could be true as it's close.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Thu, Sep 14 2017 9:01 PM

I completely agree with you Jimbog.

MC

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Thu, Sep 14 2017 10:04 PM

A 10,000 credit golf buggy  to be parked next to the ornamental golf bags on the tee.

• Baldace
    3,254 Posts
    Fri, Sep 15 2017 12:25 AM

Want to sink all those long putts..stop worrying, for just 1000 crs per inch of extra diameter on the hole we have  " Bigger holes are easier to slide into ". Option available before every putt.Only green size can limit the size of the hole.

NB. Practice safe putting at all times. If unsure that  falling into a particularly large hole maybe a danger then tie yourself to headboard a solid object.

RSS