Forums

Help › Forums

cheat programs

Wed, Nov 24 2021 11:47 PM (518 replies)
  • casperturk
    484 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2011 12:42 AM

Lizzie. I understand your doubts over the way the calculations were formulated and the variables that were not considered at that time  I sent your comments to my good friend Dr Carl Henry Eric-Anderson-Thomson who lives in France. He spent most of the night digesting your comments and has to agree that chewing gum has developed to heights not expected when first commercially developed in the 1880's and therefore Dr Kerschwins findings may not have anticipated these enormous advances.

While having no intention in stealing the glory from you in your quest for the ultimate, non-cheat,  I will continue searching for an answer regarding frictional values that may possibly cause the meter to stutter or suddenly change speed halfway through the swing.

One interesting fact has come to light during my search for the answer:

I Quote:- "The United States military has regularly supplied soldiers with chewing gum  since it helps both to improve the soldiers' concentration and to relieve stress."

Maybe, the solution will be to split the chewing gum into 3 parts, equally divided between the player, the dog, and the meter. If it is the case that such a simplistic answer will proved a 100% success rate in hitting the 'ding' it is indeed ground breaking. Of course many months, or even years, will be required to test this theory, but  if proven, could equal, or even exceed,   past scientific advances such as putting men on the moon.

Casper

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2011 1:52 AM

Oh My!

What with innovation being second cousin once removed to invention, and now your thesis concerning a three way split, I felt honour bound to run pre-cursor tests on the matter of Juicy fruit, the dog, meter and I.

Whilst I would agree to small success with the dog, there remains a fundamental flaw in that the canine Psyche does not allow for mastication without fulfilment, by which I mean one will be rewarded with the task of extrication and all its attendant risk, not to say discomfort. One by-product of the tests was a certain amount of fruitly froth developed I believe, from intestinal ferment, and distributed with a degree of rabid head shaking, brought on in my estimation, by an amount of puzzled concern. Perhaps we should retire gracefully the notion that a dog might be an advantage were it to learn to chew without swallowing.

I am indebted to your observational comment which reveals the current whereabouts of the worthy Dr C H E Anderson-Thompson. He still owes me nine matchsticks, a bottle top and a library card following a late night card game as guests of the Foster- Holmes at their Principality of Sealand, where large scale serious gambling is not only allowed, but encouraged with vigour. Whilst he did in fact write out an IOU, I was somewhat perturbed to find later that he had not in fact included his full name, but merely his initials.

The tests go on.

I note your mention of men putting on the moon, but having seen the footage made at the time, I would have to say I rather thought the club was more of a mid range wedge, perhaps a Mashie Niblick 5. Interesting to think that even then, there were earthly meter problems that drove the USA to invest so much in a solution.

Lizzie xx

• casperturk
    484 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2011 3:27 AM

Oh Lizzie!!!.

I can understand your concern over the dog and problems chewing. I will admit secretly to you only (all others please stop reading now) that i have substituted your initial idea of doggy treats, with a suitably restrained cat. Of course the dog never actually gets there but is a great incentive to move at a pre-defined speed, helping meter smoothness.(others can now start reading again).

Regarding  Dr C H E Anderson-Thompson, i didn't know you knew him. A dastardly fellow when gambling is involved!!!  Only last week i visited him and during the week-end  he offered to play a game of croquet for a small wager. As i'm sure you know, croquet and golf are very similar and he constantly managed to hit the 'ding'. I am sure he wasn't playing fairly but it is impossible to prove. He did boast that he had just bought a new Chateaux and a Bavarian castle. I did not suspect that it was financed from his ill gotten gains from you.

Re;- men putting on the moon.

I am sure you are much more of an expert at defining what club a player may be using and you are probably correct that a  Mashie Niblick 5 was the club shown in available recordings. I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that someone travelling that far would complete the round. No doubt the complete video will be available to the general public one day.

Casper

• TerrySpina
    30 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2011 8:37 AM

Soooooo... I put the gum in the tail of the dog... What a mess, and she isn't happy either.....  Unhappy dog = non-tailwaggin' dog..... Just another observation...

• camgee
    56 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2011 3:02 PM

I have not read through the whole thread.......but is this game not about replicating real golf???....how many real golfers birdie every hole!!!  or get a score of 54!!!..not many if any?..don't know if people are using cheat programs...but something ain't right. WATP

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2011 4:52 PM

camgee:

I have not read through the whole thread.......but is this game not about replicating real golf???....how many real golfers birdie every hole!!!  or get a score of 54!!!..not many if any?..don't know if people are using cheat programs...but something ain't right. WATP

hmm... I see a you have a 65 foot total for one of your CTTH comps..... you must be cheating...

See where I'm going?

Happy hitting

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2011 9:52 AM

ChiChiCheezo:

Cheat programs are not the biggest problem - WGT needs to do something about multi-accounters

yes how many players use the office email and play at work and have another email for home and gift themselves equipment. two go's at single play comps. simple cheat and i'm sure there are plenty doing it. i don't know how wgt can stop it.

• chefmyster1
    55 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2011 10:34 AM

im newish and hapy with my 67 av for a master maybe thats because i finish games even when playing a bad round.

Anyway i digress ive learnd as a master you need to hit the ball before or after the line to adjust for the wind  aswell as move curser with 19/20mph winds so to hit it on line everytime wouldnt really help.

this is a GAME these are probably the same ppl that got cheats for their playstation and or xbox games .

Each time i play i play to better my own score if playing a challenge for cash only play ppl you trust simples.....

Just to touch on the meter jumping that should be smoother and should be possible to hit every time but for human error god knows ive done it often enough with a smooth meter but when you pay for balls and the meter jumps randomly it is very annoying .

• overshot
    666 Posts
    Wed, Jul 13 2011 11:08 PM

I play a guy that uses WGT Caddy , i`m not what any of you would call a great player , he is the same tier as me , been playing the game longer yet has a higher average & struggles to beat me . I think if we all had perfect meters that did not ever glitch some of these so called cheat programs will be a great advantage & sure some players that have 16 gig of ram and upwards would no doubt be in front with the extra help from being shown where to aim ,distance & speed , but i also know that it is all about your equipment ,not your wgt equipment i mean your pc equipment as a while ago i was at my local pc shop & had a go with a pc that had 16 gig of ram & bang!!! i shot 29 at beth page & i`ve never been able to do it since . So maybe some of these great scores that are being hit have something to do with great pc equipment as i only have 4gig, a guy i know upgraded to a new quad core pc that gave him 8 gig & his game improved greatly overnight .

Just something to consider ??

kind regards

David

RSS