jump off a cliff onto a Turtle ) .

?

Misanthropic chelonian...

Image result for images of moe Image result for images of ron white

Apothegm

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Thu, Jul 20 2017 12:24 PM

Lol, Opy was referring to our very own Alcaucin ( Andy ) who had the unbelievable misfortune to do just that while cliff diving. Injuries were multiple, serious, and I believe a coma ensued. Animal rights activists were thrilled to hear the turtle was unharmed. Ya can't make this chit up, but you do have to wonder what the odds are on that.

Doc :)

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Jul 20 2017 1:21 PM

I hear everybody and many of us understand. There are thousands upon thousands of the freshman class that don't have a clue what the senior class is talking about. This used to be way more than a computer game. This was a family, we played for the opportunity to chat, raise tea total he-- and have fun. The key people we have lost is numbing to me. Opy says it goes on and will never be the same, I agree. 

If many of the newer players had any idea what we had built here it would still be a hoot to play. We helped each other, we laughed, we could see peoples families without even ever meeting them. I won't testify that many of my friends are really what they say they are, I don't know for sure. I for one am exactly what I say I am, no more, maybe less now and there is a long time member on here that can verify that. For the old timers, every time I see a butterfly I want to cry. 

Getting old sucks and I don't like it. Yes, things change but in my mind some things shouldn't. I'll drag my bag in the sand as long as I can and keep in touch.

Rich, Old School. Ren, Renniw25(opy's term) Squirrel Nutz

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Thu, Jul 20 2017 5:43 PM

renniw52:
     Getting old sucks and I don't like it

Rich, Steven King, the writer, has a notable quote.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"

Most will remember that, from the movie, "The Shawshank Redemption".

My closest friend of 50 years, received a diagnosis of a type of blood leukemia. He was sent home, only to have a simple nose bleed, two days later. He almost bled out in his living room, before the ambulance arrived.

He had a balloon inserted in his nose, for two weeks. If they took it out, he would bleed to death. He was admitted to some hospice facility. I was not allowed to see him, by his wife's asking. Not from malice, because Judy, did not want me to see what "Get busy dying" did to Peter.

He lost 120 pounds, he used to look like Jonathan Winters, rotund, and always happy. We were brothers in arms, until the end. We were flying, ( piloting ) the week before his news.

Why am I writing this to you? Because I can read the minutia in your writings. It is leaning towards the secondary part of King's quote.

You have a lot to be thankful for, as a husband, father, grandfather, served your country, general all around, not much of a pain in the ass. Had a great Dad. I am a quasi friend, what more can you ask for?

That is a monumental achievement these days. So get busy helping people, in any way you can. Go talk to a homeless person. Chances are, they'll be veterans. You don't have to give them money. Give them respect. They also, have a story.

Volunteer at a hospital, or extended care facility. At least you'll be close to help, if you get caught up, in the later part of the quote. Everyone likes a helper.

Recognition, is more valuable to people, that know the true value, of richness. Money, toys, etc... come & go. Recognition, is a lifetime of remembrance, to more people than you'll ever know.

I am 30 years younger than Peter was. To look at him you would never know. Everyone claims under such swift circumstances, it was better that way.

BS!! He died a violent death. If it were my horses, dogs, cats, I could have them euthanized mercifully.

But not us humans. Nope, they want every last bit of blood sucking insurance, blah, blah, they can get their hands on.

Plus, Judy knew I had medicine for Pete, when this time arrived, as he had, for me. She also knew, we would follow through. In the end, she regretted her decision. A wife's love for her husband, is not something to be trifled with. I told her I realized that.

As quick as I lost 1/3 of my life's happiness, Rich. It could happen to you & yours all to easily.

So, GET BUSY LIVING!!

Don't EVER forget the villanelle by Dylan Thomas;

I'm with Dylan, & Rodney

Be well, live well, & treat others better

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Thu, Jul 20 2017 6:02 PM

I drink Decaf , But thats another thread ..   

OPY 

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Jul 21 2017 9:19 AM

Great post gon, I'm doing exactly that. I never set still for a moment, my neighbors see me outside by 6 am every morning and just shake their heads. They know they can ask me anything or for anything I have. I want to see smiles not frowns. I have no impressive diplomas hanging on walls but I have a PHD in life. Last week I had 5 one dollar bills in my pocket, all I had for 2 days. I gave all 5 away to pan handlers standing on corners. I don't know if they were legit or scamming as so many do.. It doesn't matter. I knew what it felt like to be on top, and I know what it feels like to be down and out. Either way is really no different, it's what you get from it. Live like there is no tomorrow and not regret what you did last.

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Sat, Jul 22 2017 6:07 AM

renniw52:
    It doesn't matter.

You get it Rich.

A random act of kindness, makes you feel euphoric. No pharmaceutical will ever replicate that feeling, of truly  helping, for the sake of it.

Good on you, Brother...

Consider yourself a PhD, in the field of, "Bone Bag Tolerance", otherwise known as, common sense, a subject that is all but disappeared, from so called society.

I don't have to tell you how sorely lacking, it is today. Especially in the field of higher learning. When I say "higher learning", I'm sure you know what I mean.

Simplicity, has been replaced by sophomoric mores.

• garyk49
    2,315 Posts
    Sat, Jul 22 2017 10:02 AM

Damn, ya all need to stop.  Reading the last couple of posts brought tears to my eyes. Both in sadness and happiness.

Brought back memories, had to be told what to expect when I walked around the corner to see my uncle before he died when I was a kid.  Have felt the joy to give for no other reason then, that is what I wanted to do

From an old fart.

• garyk49
    2,315 Posts
    Sat, Jul 22 2017 11:00 AM

alanti:

renniw52:
    I would be hesitant to ask someone to be my partner.

Rubbish, you are fun to play with Rich, remember a lot of players play simply to have fun, and the score or result is inconsequential.

Edit - to Wayne's post: Sadly WGT have disengaged from the playing community IMO and the views expressed in the forums count for next to zero.

The only way to do anything for the WGT community, it to do it yourself these days, and expect very little support (if any) from the company.

Rich, if you were to see me green, would gladly accept an invite.  Yes score does matter, but fun is foremost.

Alan, they pay attention to us, when we point out a most assured cheater, delete the posts and then make sure the mods posts stays on the front page, so yeah, they listen to us, sort of.

But not in the way we would like them to.

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Sun, Jul 23 2017 8:26 AM

Being just a pup here, I want to thank all those who have gone before me, and  blazed a path for me to be able to follow. It is the unselfishness of those who have passed and those who are still with us. Thank you all.

Siders Best 

RSS