Forums

Help › Forums

Just saying hello,

Tue, Aug 1 2017 8:00 AM (24 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Jul 18 2017 5:12 PM

Old squirrel  nutz here. Miss ya all, but not to inspired anymore. Can't explain why, I just don't feel it. Would love to stay in touch though.

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Tue, Jul 18 2017 5:59 PM

Glad to see you haven't fell off the deep end and your still among the living. WGT has been messing with their parameters. throwing a lot of players off their game. so it's  just S.S.D.D. 

So nothing has changed, come back and play a few rounds when you feel like it. Just have some fun:)))

Siders Best

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Tue, Jul 18 2017 6:12 PM

Dear Winn 25 .    

My name is OPY and am willing to " Friend you "  . this way you could go green and we could have a game .

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Tue, Jul 18 2017 6:29 PM

renniw52:

Old squirrel  nutz here. Miss ya all, but not to inspired anymore. Can't explain why, I just don't feel it. Would love to stay in touch though.

I hear ya Rich....I have said FU WGT so many times in the last couple of months I lost count. Lol. I hardly play anymore either and buy zero equipment unless I can scoop free credits for it.  Take care and maybe we will meet up for a game sometime down the road.        R

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Tue, Jul 18 2017 6:34 PM

renniw52:
    Miss ya all, but not to inspired anymore. Can't explain why, I just don't feel it.

Rich,

I totally agree with you and although I can't explain why you feel this way, I can explain why I do.

In my book it's a number of things- two months ago I wrote one of the WGT mods and nominated someone for the WGT 19th Hole...I never heard back from him/her. I reached out to another mod and he/she said they would reach out to WGT and if they decided to do it, so be it, if not...oh well.

The CC of the Month has run to a screeching halt...haven't seen that in awhile either.

I think those two things, on top of the fact that Andy is no longer here to entertain us with his wit and humor, are reasons that many of us who enjoy the forums and could give a rat's arze about the game, are feeling the same way as you do.

I'm thinking about starting a community based 19th Hole event/thread as WGT/TG  doesn't seem to be interested in continuing announcements that the community seems to rally around.

Just my thoughts.

MC

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Jul 19 2017 10:11 AM

Thanks all for the replies. I'm going to try and get the fire back, just have lost too many of my original people. To name a few, Lizzie, Strange Magic, Andyson, don't know what happened to my first friend Canine Supervisor, I still have many of you that are near and dear to my heart. You know who you are. I have lost so much of my ability on this game I would be hesitant to ask someone to be my partner. Several of the new courses I have never played and am clueless. I'll give it my best to practice on some of the new ones and may be back. Again, thank you all for hanging in there with me, miss ya all.

Rich

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Jul 19 2017 1:07 PM

renniw52:
    I would be hesitant to ask someone to be my partner.

Rubbish, you are fun to play with Rich, remember a lot of players play simply to have fun, and the score or result is inconsequential.

Shoot me an invite if I am green!

Funny mentioning CS, yep it is pretty sad when many of those friends have disappeared, some you know got bored (or frustrated), some you have nagging doubts and some you know they are on finer fairways in the sky.........sadly often we will never know.

Edit - to Wayne's post: Sadly WGT have disengaged from the playing community IMO and the views expressed in the forums count for next to zero.

The only way to do anything for the WGT community, it to do it yourself these days, and expect very little support (if any) from the company.

It is an example of a small start up business run by a personable chap who sold it and the business becomes a corporate enterprise, run by bean counters with no mission but to earn profits and seemly zero accountability to the end users. The lack of accountability directly relates to the lack of real competition,

To me, this is slowly killing the beast that was created.

• ElSidMo
    40 Posts
    Wed, Jul 19 2017 1:34 PM

Hey Rich good to see your still around. I know the feeling, I'm a man without a CC. I wasn;t able to play as much. I had hernia surgery , some stuff at home ......  I miss playing some ALT,s shooting the *** and having some fun if you see me green or I see you let,s hook up. I was wondering about Lee, Andy and You  Hope to hook up soon...

Sid

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Wed, Jul 19 2017 1:48 PM

^^^ This.  WGT created a fantastic format that was socially interactive, which lead to a fairly tightly knit online " community ". Topgolf apparently has zero interest in this aspect of the game, which is truly a shame. Couple that with the loss of some of the most creative, fun individuals you were likely to meet anywhere, and the end result does not bode well for the future. A few of us diehards will continue to try to breathe some life into the dying social aspect, which I fully believe could be resurrected to some extent by simply re-instating the end of game chat feature. However, WGT didn't listen, and Topgolf is much more unlikely to. I just don't get that they fail to realize that people want to be entertained for their money, and the more entertainment they get, the more willing they are to part with a buck.

Doc :(

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Wed, Jul 19 2017 5:01 PM

What once was is no more ,

Try as we might to keep things the way they were the game will change . 

Friends will pass and others will take the summer off .

( or jump off a cliff onto a Turtle ) .

Some of us might be searching for Xplorables from the new course to come .

We as the  community here in WGT land each play a part .

Change will happen so said the Santa from Christmas past . 

My name is OPY 

RSS