Help › Forums

The Golf Club 2

Sat, Jul 1 2017 12:14 PM (71 replies)
  • 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Tue, Jun 27 2017 5:49 AM

Royboy1946:
    how do ya do that?
    Here's a rough idea and good starting point.  Lot's LOTS more info and ways besides this to make it work.  Below is obviously Twitch based but the principle is the same, albeit slightly different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_8fCE-Gku8

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, Jun 27 2017 6:53 AM

I will just go by where the club head is in relation to my body. Like I think a 7-8 foot putt is from the ball to the back of your right foot

• garyk49
    2,319 Posts
    Tue, Jun 27 2017 7:49 AM

Many here have asked the question of pc requirements.

This is from Can I Run It.  Should be pretty accurite.

This tells you, any onboard video computers will most likely not run it, needs a dedicated GPU.

Unless you have a newer card, most likely you will not meet recommended as it will probably only have 1 to 1.5 gig of ram.

That is not saying the game won't run, it's just how well it will run.  I have run many games with below minumum requirements.  Turn down the screen resolution and it may work ok.  Example, won't run at 1920 x 1600 but may at 1024 x 768.  I run here using 1440 x 900.  And this computer is not that powerfull.  It would meet minimum above, but not recommended.  My gaming rig is way above the recommended above.

You will be fine with direct X, as most newer graphic intensive games are using 11 and some 12.  Some are still only running 10.

Steam runs pretty good compared to some of the others out there, as I believe this is hosted on steam.  There is where the cheat software WILL BE stopped.  You getting kicked there and your game will now be useless, as they won't allow you back on the site.

If you are not already a gamer, you are in for a new world of online gaming.  Nothing like you know from WGT.

Good Luck

Oh, and as a side note.  If Steam is down, so is your game.  I don't believe this is a stand alone game, as most anymore are not.  Only some files are actually on your computer.  Most of the game is on Steam.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Jun 27 2017 10:11 AM

garyk49:

Steam runs pretty good compared to some of the others out there, as I believe this is hosted on steam.  There is where the cheat software WILL BE stopped.  You getting kicked there and your game will now be useless, as they won't allow you back on the site.

If you are not already a gamer, you are in for a new world of online gaming.  Nothing like you know from WGT.

Good Luck

Oh, and as a side note.  If Steam is down, so is your game.  I don't believe this is a stand alone game, as most anymore are not.  Only some files are actually on your computer.  Most of the game is on Steam.

Good info. RE: requirements.

Steam is great, and anyone not familiar with it might be somewhat overwhelmed to begin with, but it and other services like it are the future of gaming -- have been for some time now.

No more keeping that disc & install key in a safe place should you need to re-install.  

While Valve's AC is pretty good, the truth is hackers always find a way.  But, it's not all doom and gloom either.  High level AC software made by people that know what they're doing is always getting updated and better to keep up with new exploits and cheats the hacking community comes up with.  It's a continual revolving door.

But yes, be warned if VAC bans you, its possible to be banned from every game you've bought on Steam before it.  

Last note, steam installs all game files locally but where its different from other games is none of your game data (stats, progression, player characteristics) are stored locally on your machine.  All that is on Steam's servers where it's a lot less susceptible to tampering.  CE need not apply to data stored there.  :)  Basic rule of AC -- don't trust anything coming from the client.  

In any event, looking forward to some reviews and streams from those willing to share their experiences.

• garyk49
    2,319 Posts
    Tue, Jun 27 2017 11:14 AM

kavvz:

Good info. RE: requirements.

While Valve's AC is pretty good, the truth is hackers always find a way.  But, it's not all doom and gloom either.  High level AC software made by people that know what they're doing is always getting updated and better to keep up with new exploits and cheats the hacking community comes up with.  It's a continual revolving door.

But yes, be warned if VAC bans you, its possible to be banned from every game you've bought on Steam before it.  

Last note, steam installs all game files locally but where its different from other games is none of your game data (stats, progression, player characteristics) are stored locally on your machine.  All that is on Steam's servers where it's a lot less susceptible to tampering.  CE need not apply to data stored there.  :)  Basic rule of AC -- don't trust anything coming from the client.  

Yes, they are way, way past what the old punkbuster used to do.  Some still do use it and it becomes a required download, or you don't play, at least multi-player anyway.  

Some that are not on the up and up are in for quite a suprise.  It will know in a heartbeat.

A very good example.

You used to be able to use the ingame console and go into god mode, unlimited ammo, health, whatever.  Singleplayer and very difficult part of the game.  Afterwards go back and turn that mode off, all would be ok.

Not so anymore.  Use the console and do that, stats are not kept track of the rest of the campaign, it labels the rest played as cheating.

• pmm711
    5,538 Posts
    Tue, Jun 27 2017 5:00 PM

OK...I streamed some YouTube videos of guys playing TGC2 and I'm just not that impressed.  First and foremost the courses are just made up.  There doesn't appear to be any contractual agreements with RL courses.  I like WGT because I get to play courses that I've watched and dreamed of playing most of my life.  Even when I play a custom course, BOP3, or BOP5 the holes are from RL courses.  Playing a golf simulator with simulated/player built courses isn't appealing to me.  IDK...maybe the appeal will be with joining a society composed of mainly ex-WGT players where we all have something in common. 

To me it seems like the game is like the razor handle and you still have to purchase the blades in order to be able to compete.  OR...do you earn naturally during play which allows you to advance based on performance and reaching goals? 

Overall, I'm still on the fence about making the jump to actually purchase the game.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Jun 28 2017 1:16 AM

Think its a play away xbox one game to me. Ive been reading reviews and it seems fine, if not a little hard regarding chipping/putting.

That alone is fine as TW games were just too easy.

Got little spare time with club stuff i do so may just get it for a bit of peaceful lash about and course creation.

Not sure why WGT cant get some developers in and have a side element of made up courses, after all TG is a novelty golf range so i thought they would be up for a bit of experiment.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Jun 28 2017 2:20 AM

pmm711:
    I like WGT because I get to play courses that I've watched and dreamed of playing most of my life. 

+1

For me, this is the greatest allure of WGT. I have been lucky enough to have played a couple of courses that are on WGT in the flesh......and WGT honestly do them justice with the photorealism. Others I would love to play, courses that you see on TV and think....if only........

I did try PP........and to me this looks similar, albeit a much more polished version. But they are only simulated courses..........and perhaps if it was a mix of real and pretend....it might be different if they are done well (and they appear to be done well). Perhaps WGT can take note.....a mixture could be seen as a bonus and cheaper to produce.

I have spoken to others in PM's and there is no doubt, WGT needs competition......which benefits everyone - players and companies. For players, it gives choice and usually price competition......for the companies it means accountabilities and a better product/service (or failure) driven by the market forces.

I hope the game does well, and I will continue to look at it, and who knows, maybe purchase it, but I;m also still on the fence.

• craigswan
    31,095 Posts
    Wed, Jun 28 2017 3:31 AM

I'm staying here .

You guys will all be back with your tails between your legs .

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Jun 28 2017 1:54 PM

I agree Alan, some competition would be good.  My comments on the game are above.  I enjoy knowing that we play on real courses (Cabo excepted, right?).  Perhaps some sort of imaginary course creator would be a good addition to the game hovever.

The only way I will ever play the game will be if we buy a PS4 or XBox1 to have for the Grandkids to use when they come over.  Most of the games now aren't aimed at a dinosaur like me. 

Even if that happens, I don't plan to leave this game.  I enjoy the contact with the friends I've made here, both here in the forum and on the links.

Jeff

RSS