• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 2:08 AM

Let's see how long this post lasts...

Who pre-ordered?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 3:10 AM

LMAO........do I get a prize for ...not long.

Nope, but considering......

• LMD01
    92 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 3:17 AM

So I seen a few posts regarding a new golf game. Let google do the work an found what it was. My question due to not knowing the first one was out there. Why are people's going to play this one , the number 2? Does it mean the first was no good? An why do they seem to have the knowledge that this new version or update is worth leaving for? Have seen reasons such as maybe the cheaters can't follow , but does that translate to the game play being better?... anyways just curious read lots an watch lots lately on here don't chime in two often but enjoy an laughs are a plenty, so taking this opportunity to say hello to all in here.

• tourlegend10
    218 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 4:09 AM

i have

• ujjbnjk
    2,126 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 5:41 AM

So I checked out this game last night all I keep thinking was were the hell does all the hype of this game come from!? I'm not impressed at all! Looks a cartoon shet show to me:) maybe I missing out on something? Guess I have a look when Jason streams it.. But for now I see no reason whatsoever to leave wgt for that. 

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 6:21 AM

Well, for one thing its all UL, you have no meter, its all based on the player and his back swing on the amount of power you hit. This is also true with putting. 

So its just something different. 

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 9:53 AM

No question it is CGI Vs actual pics of a real course like WGT does things.  It appears all the bunkers have a very low lip.  The way the swing works is different as was said, so keeping shots in a straight line might be harder for some of us.  

While it can be played with a mouse, it appears to be set up more for a game console controller, like XBox1 and Playstation4.  The Course creator option will allow those who want lots of different courses to create to their hearts content.

Some of the swing difficulty seems to be related to which of the 3 different club levels you are using.  An obvious risk / reward in that top level clubs are easier to hook and slice.  I'm on the fence about it myself.

Anyone know any more about it?

EDIT:

Both motions (back swing and fore swing movement) will control power, as it appears to work the same way the 1st game did.  I went to the creators site and looked at videohelp clips to learn that.

phred952

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 10:25 AM

One more note.  Hopefully everyone who has ordered the game checked the minimum requirements first.  I play on a laptop and found that I don't have enough video card memory to run the game.  Minimum requirement is 1 GB.  : (

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 10:27 AM

I don't own a PS4 or an XBox...I wonder if the PC version is worth buying?

Which platform are you folks pre-ordering?

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 12:38 PM

pmm711:

I don't own a PS4 or an XBox...I wonder if the PC version is worth buying?

Which platform are you folks pre-ordering?

Paul,

I don't either.  I urge anyone considering it for PC to do a search on the title and look at the minimums requirements needed to run the game.  As I mentioned, minimum video memory is 1 GB and preferred is 2GB.  My laptop has 128 MB, so I have about 1/8 of the required amount.  I think it will require players to have at least a medium to higher end gaming PC.

I Hope this helps a bit Mate.

Jeff

RSS